• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 crashes, fails, or doesn't work when exporting.

I

ItsThriller

I've tried changing the runtime feeds, tried reinstalling, tried changing from Zip and .exe, but ti either doesn't work, or stops responding. Can someone help me through fixing this? Thanks.

(Bottom of Output log while tying to export)

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/windows/Runner.exe DONE (0)
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:57.4781896s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\trita\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 03/03/2018 19:51:42
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0330881s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 03/03/2018 19:52:40
SUCCESS: Run Program Complete

rIKmAN

I've tried changing the runtime feeds, tried reinstalling, tried changing from Zip and .exe, but ti either doesn't work, or stops responding. Can someone help me through fixing this? Thanks.

(Bottom of Output log while tying to export)

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/windows/Runner.exe DONE (0)
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:57.4781896s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\trita\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 03/03/2018 19:51:42
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0330881s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 03/03/2018 19:52:40
SUCCESS: Run Program Complete
Take a look at your ui.log (Help > Open Log in Explorer) and see if that may give you some pointers.
Does this happen with a new empty room project as well?

That error message doesn't really give any information so you would be best off reporting a bug (Help > Report a Bug) and attaching the ui.log and the project (if it's a only particular project that this happens with).

I

ItsThriller

Take a look at your ui.log (Help > Open Log in Explorer) and see if that may give you some pointers.
Does this happen with a new empty room project as well?

That error message doesn't really give any information so you would be best off reporting a bug (Help > Report a Bug) and attaching the ui.log and the project (if it's a only particular project that this happens with).
It executes normally in a blank room, but not in project's case. I didn't see anything in the logs that stuck out either. I'm going to try to just dump the files from the project into another.

rIKmAN

It executes normally in a blank room, but not in project's case. I didn't see anything in the logs that stuck out either. I'm going to try to just dump the files from the project into another.
It depends on the size of the project if this is feasible or not - but if it's project specific (which it seems to be) you can make a copy of the project (Save As) and start removing objects / commenting out code and recompiling to see if it works and find the culprit.

If you can get it compiling after removing objects / code then you have narrowed down what the issue might be and start looking at the offending object / code to see what might be causing the issue.

1tsmey0sh1

It depends on the size of the project if this is feasible or not - but if it's project specific (which it seems to be) you can make a copy of the project (Save As) and start removing objects / commenting out code and recompiling to see if it works and find the culprit.

If you can get it compiling after removing objects / code then you have narrowed down what the issue might be and start looking at the offending object / code to see what might be causing the issue.
Ok so i have the same problem as the other guy and i tried to make a copy of my game and i removed almost all the objects just it would still crash do you have any other idea on how i can fix that?

rIKmAN

Ok so i have the same problem as the other guy and i tried to make a copy of my game and i removed almost all the objects just it would still crash do you have any other idea on how i can fix that?
It could be any number of things - posting the full compile log might help narrow down what the exact issue might be.

Post it inside code tags (there's a "code" button you can click above where you type your message) and also inside spoiler tags if it's especially long.