• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 crashes during Log In execution

S

Sty

Today I wanted to try out Game Maker Studio 2's trial but it crashes as soon as the startup launches and tries to load the login procedure.
Specifically here:
1614380464250.png

Seconds later it stops and closes, then the exception handler opens up with the following message (in Spanish, because it is my native language):
1614380561068.png
I have tried on reinstalling the program, restarting my computer, deleting all the extra files from GMS2 (such as %AppData% or %ProgramFiles%) and tried on going offline mode. But it didn't work.

If anyone has a fix to this, then tell me - I really want to test the program out but due to this error it won't let me.

Attachments

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Try starting it with administrative privileges. Also temporarily disable all antivirus or firewall software that may be blocking GMS from starting successfully.