• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GMS2 Apple Updates 2.2.4 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
macOS Catalina Support
  • This version of GMS2 is compliant with Apple's new "notarization" system - if you're using Catalina then it's important you update to this new version, or you will have issues making/running projects
  • Note: that this change by Apple means when building your games, before the package will work on any other machine the packages need to be submitted in Xcode to Apple and notiarized
  • We also fixed an issue with project files being left open during builds longer than required, which should stop "Too many files open" build errors (all versions of macOS)
Apple Sign-In Support
  • Added Game Options to toggle Apple Sign-In support on macOS, iOS, and tvOS
  • You can download the new extension from the Marketplace
Noteable macOS Changes
  • Notarisation support has been added during builds - you will need to submit your archive in Xcode to Apple to complete the process
  • Mac: Fixed gamepad_test_mapping() did not override the mapping properly when the pad was one which already had a default mapping in the database
Noteable iOS Changes
  • Fixed legacy splash screen info and startup code in packages were stopping the updated splashes from 2.2.2 from working properly in current Xcode builds
  • Fixed achievement_load_leaderboard() on Game Center, plus added the updated "team_player_id" and "game_player_id" variables in iOS 12.4 and above (all of this line on tvOS also)
  • Fixed the building of frameworks in your project which have a "+" sign in its name
  • Added PS4/Xbox One gamepad support and the updated "menu" and "options" buttons support Apple added for iOS 13 / tvOS 13 (and macOS Catalina)
  • Added the plist flags required for TestFlight submissions, following recent-ish requirement changes
  • Compiling: Added a Compiler Error for the "Missing or corrupt build tools" message to better highlight this installation issue - some users were missing this in their compiler log because they only read the last line
  • Device Manager: iOS/tvOS "Detect Devices" now returns all physical devices of that type currently connected to the Mac, rather than just the first one found
  • Functions: Fixed the OpenGL implementation of gpu_set_texrepeat(true) (0031303)
  • Networking: Fixed http_request() on macOS, iOS/tvOS, UWP and some consoles so when using a buffer body so it doesn't always do a POST and instead does what you asked for
Note that there is currently no mention of ipadOS in our docs/the IDE and no new target has been added - this is because iOS packages still work absolutely fine on ipadOS also. We will continue to monitor this going forward and react if we have to, but right now we/you don't need to do anything differently.

Please note that the release notes mention several new or updated extensions are required for use with 2.2.4 - these are downloadable HERE until the Marketplace has been updated.

The Marketplace will not be updated with these new extension versions until 2.2.4 is out fully!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
The Apple IAPs extension is now downloadable via the HERE in the post above, and the Apple Sign-In Extension is coming asap.

EDIT: The Apple Sign-In extension is now downloadable via that link also.

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hello? Anyone actually using the Apple targets, or have Apple succeeded in making them so cumbersome everyone has given up? ;)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Hello? Anyone actually using the Apple targets, or have Apple succeeded in making them so cumbersome everyone has given up? ;)
There are people using Apple targets, just perhaps not those casual enough to have a frequent presence on the GMC.

My question: Why not consider bringing back Simple Solitaire, Lazy Mouse, Froad or any of the older games, just so that the development team has in-house projects to experiment with and get direct vendor feedback from for plugin projects? This topic is a pretty good testament to why relying on GMC and helpdesk feedback for integration extensions is a bad idea. People are either too busy or have too much on the line to experiment with a beta, and the lack of in-house testing starts a vicious "no testing > extensions become unreliable > people don't use it > efforts diverted elsewhere > no testing" cycle.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I can assure you internal testing does take place - we have already submitted products to the store for macOS, iOS and tvOS, and so we do have a very good idea that the submissions processes and the updated extensions all work, etc.

However, that doesn't mean we're big-headed enough to think that our QA team have captured every use-case and it also, crucially, does not mean that our documentation is clearly communicating the functionality to all of our users. That's the real focus of all our beta releases and our discussions on here, tbh - is what we have put out intuitive/easy enough to follow that the majority of users are able to implement it frustration-free? If their answer is "yes", or there is minimal feedback about issues being found (taking into account the private tickets we receive also), then that's a valid outcome.

Although, I do totally agree with your point about people being busy and also not wanting to invest in a beta - those are just the realities of offering a beta programme.

Bringing back the published games in a publicly-accessible format is a slightly bigger/different question, and we are discussing this internally at the moment, but that does not mean there aren't internal test apps being used at the moment.

spinout

I'm working on implementing iOS changes to one of my apps this week, I'll follow up with any issues I come across.

A

alter_life

Hi! I have some problem with iOS 13:

My game is in landscape mode (Device orientation: Landscape left/Landscape right). I checked these settings in the IDE and in the Xcode. But when I launch my app - I see a situation like on the screenshot. Only half of the screen visible and image is rotated. The strange things that it works on iOS 11/12. The problem only with iOS 13. Could you help me?

Environment:
IDE: Beta 2.2.4.451
Runtime: 2.2.4.257
iOS 13 device or simulator
Xcode 11
MacOS: Mojave 10.14.6

Attachments

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hi! I have some problem with iOS 13: My game is in landscape mode (Device orientation: Landscape left/Landscape right). I checked these settings in the IDE and in the Xcode. But when I launch my app - I see a situation like on the screenshot. Only half of the screen visible and image is rotated. The strange things that it works on iOS 11/12. The problem only with iOS 13. Could you help me?
We have now reproduced also, so will get it fixed for the full release - thanks! https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=31377

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Status
Not open for further replies.