• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GMS2.3 suddenly cannot build for Android

Cliff3D

I've been unable to set up my main machine to build for Android so to build Android APK fies I always use a rather low-powered laptop. I have been putting off trying to sort it out bcause the cheap laptop builds Android apps just fine - or it did.

Yesterday I did a test build to Android yyc, transferred it to y Android abet and tested it. I noted some issues so back to the tablet, changed 1 parameter in Android Options and changed 3 references to "show_message" to "show_message_async".

The build failed, and continues to fail even if I restore the project back to the version that built and ran.

Huh? What changed??? More importantly - how do I go about fixing it?

Last edited:

Cliff3D

Thanks Zhanghua - that combined with scouring the "Source Control" to find it didn't like something to so with the package name (it had a full stop in it) has sorted it out on the cheap lappy - I'll try it on my faster machine when I have the opportunity.

Cheers,

Cliff

Last edited: