• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2.3 Mobile

I want to buy GMS Mobile. But there are reviews that say "It's not well maintained. The Google and Facebook extensions/plugins are perpetually out of date." and that the export to IOS/Android is complicated etc..

Is this still the case? What is your experience with the Mobile Option?

gkri

I have the mobile license but I export only to android (not having a mac build for iOS).
If you follow the official instructions *PRECISELY, you should set up and ready to build without issues.

*I cannot stress enough the word PRECISELY.

I remember when I set up the android sdk for first time I did not installed android studio as closed to the root C:\ as possible. I had already installed via jetbrain's distribution, and that caused me building issues. I asked for help from a GMS discord server and and they helped me resolve the issue withing 5-10 minutes. If you need any help, the community here and in the 2 discord servers I am aware of, will help you.

So far, no complains...

Last edited:

Mool

Yes works, but you need to know how to support the extensions, since they are often outdated. The default export works good.

I have the mobile license but I export only to android (not having a mac build for iOS).
If you follow the official instructions *PRECISELY, you should set up and ready to build without issues.

*I cannot stress enough the word PRECISELY.

I remember when I set up the android sdk for first time I did not installed android studio as closed to the root C:\ as possible. I had already installed via jetbrain's distribution, and that caused me building issues. I asked for help from a GMS discord server and and they helped me resolve the issue withing 5-10 minutes. If you need any help, the community here and in the 2 discord servers I am aware of, will help you.

So far, no complains...
hey, can you share the discord servers please? :) thanks!

breakmt

I have my game on iOS and Android. Basic export works ok.

As for extensions they are not good in my opinion. Why? Main reason is there are few of them. For example if you don't want to use AdMob for ads - you are in trouble. You could find some non-official extensions, but they are cost too much and don't have any support at all. Somebody made them 2-3 years ago and forget about it. Some of them just don't work at all. I had to modify and program in Java Unity Ads extension to implement interstitials and some other stuff that free non-official extension had not provide.

Also, I don't like how IAP works. It feels like Game Maker should take more work on itself. Currently you do almost the same work as you would do in Java/Swift. I don't see any help from Game Maker in this job.

I have my game on iOS and Android. Basic export works ok.

As for extensions they are not good in my opinion. Why? Main reason is there are few of them. For example if you don't want to use AdMob for ads - you are in trouble. You could find some non-official extensions, but they are cost too much and don't have any support at all. Somebody made them 2-3 years ago and forget about it. Some of them just don't work at all. I had to modify and program in Java Unity Ads extension to implement interstitials and some other stuff that free non-official extension had not provide.

Also, I don't like how IAP works. It feels like Game Maker should take more work on itself. Currently you do almost the same work as you would do in Java/Swift. I don't see any help from Game Maker in this job.
But why dont you wanna use admob isn't that the main source for ads?

And what if I want an ad only to show on the bottom of the game and only at a certain scenarios do I have to program this in GMS2 or somewhere else?

breakmt

But why dont you wanna use admob isn't that the main source for ads?
You could be banned in Admob, for example. I got banned and I have no idea why. What you gonna do if this will happen?

And what if I want an ad only to show on the bottom of the game and only at a certain scenarios do I have to program this in GMS2 or somewhere else?
In GMS

Anyway if you are already made your game in GMS you have no another option. Or are you still looking for an engine?

Last edited:

breakmt

You may have done one or so of these to get banned. something to keep in mind I see
No, I didn't. But maybe it was accidentally. I don't know. The point is that it is good to have options just in case. And it was just an example for "why do you need something other than Admob". You could need Appodeal. How will you implement this mediation? They dropped GMS support. Than you might think that you could use extension. Ok, https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6622/appodeal-mediation. Two comments: "doesn't work", "crashes at startup". Last update 2018.