OFFICIAL GMS2 2.3.2 Stable Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an upcoming fix related to the fullscreen issue? I think this is a serious issue for released games since I literally had to disable the fullscreen option all together with a recent update to a released game.

While trying alternative ways to set full screen, I tried things like window_set_size(1920, 1080); but when I tried the code, instead of setting the game window to 1080, it actually sets it to 1061. But if I check Borderless Window, the code works and sets the Game Window to 1080. Why does it do that?

The Borderless Window option would be ok, but the Game Window cannot be dragged with the mouse for some reason. I don't know if that's intended behavior or not.

rIKmAN

While trying alternative ways to set full screen, I tried things like window_set_size(1920, 1080); but when I tried the code, instead of setting the game window to 1080, it actually sets it to 1061.
Because your window has the title bar at the top.

Because your window has the title bar at the top.
The problem with that is when I try to say like "if window height is 1080, and esc is pressed, set window to 720". It doesn't get called because it's actually 1061. Depending on the player's monitor, that could cause issues. But like I said the Borderless Window option works, but I can't drag the window. I think that would be something people wouldn't like.

For the time being I guess I'll just have to leave the fullscreen option disabled until it's confirmed to be fixed.

rIKmAN

The problem with that is when I try to say like "if window height is 1080, and esc is pressed, set window to 720". It doesn't get called because it's actually 1061.
Store the intended resolution yourself and check against that.
For your black screen issue you'd have to keep in touch with YYG to see if they can find a resolution to it as IIRC the suggestions that fixed it for others in the other thread didn't work for you (?) so I'm not sure what that might be.

Store the intended resolution yourself and check against that.
For your black screen issue you'd have to keep in touch with YYG to see if they can find a resolution to it as IIRC the suggestions that fixed it for others in the other thread didn't work for you (?) so I'm not sure what that might be.
No. What fixed it for others didn't fix it for me. I haven't tried it yet on the GMS update that was available today. Also, what is odd, is that the "maximize" button on the window top bar works without issue, but the game seems to ignore the "keep aspect ratio" option. and distorts the pixels some.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
While trying alternative ways to set full screen, I tried things like window_set_size(1920, 1080); but when I tried the code, instead of setting the game window to 1080, it actually sets it to 1061. But if I check Borderless Window, the code works and sets the Game Window to 1080. Why does it do that?
If your monitor was larger than 1080px in height it wouldn't happen... But how can you set the game window to 1080 in height AND have the window border itself if the monitor doesn't permit it? You can't, and so the window is set to the nearest size that will fit on the actual display.

ALSO, this is not the place for this discussion, so please don't discuss or look for more help with the issue here, especially if you have a topic AND have filed a bug report. This is a discussion about the update in general and for notifying of issues or resolutions, not for discussing individual problems.

If your monitor was larger than 1080px in height it wouldn't happen... But how can you set the game window to 1080 in height AND have the window border itself if the monitor doesn't permit it? You can't, and so the window is set to the nearest size that will fit on the actual display.

ALSO, this is not the place for this discussion, so please don't discuss or look for more help with the issue here, especially if you have a topic AND have filed a bug report. This is a discussion about the update in general and for notifying of issues or resolutions, not for discussing individual problems.
I wasn't discussing an individual issue. I was discussing bugs related to the release like everyone else was doing and discussing options to find a fix. Isn't this a forum to discuss issues related to the specified GMS update?

I do realize that any window does in fact need space for the top border. I thought what the window code was referring to was the ENTIRE window. Not just the "Game View". Which is why I wondered why it would show the size was 1061.

Last edited:

gnysek

That's how it works for 20 years or more? It's not a bug. From what I remember there's no way to set non-fullscreen window size to be equal to monitor size, it will have something about ~99% of it's width, and ~95% of it's height at most. If you hide taskbar, there's possibility that you gonna get wider window. For windowed modes in my games I was always allowing only sizes from 800x600 up to one resolution below current monitor size (nowadays 800x600 isn't used anymore).

sercan

the dark IDE is too dark, the light IDE is too light. can't we put something between them?

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Include files are not always being exported with game on windows and linux, run and compile mode confirmed, probably happens on debug mode and all other platforms if i had to guess

Ricardo

The crash when closing the game unfortunately still happens on runtime 2.3.2.426 (Mac, YYC). Looking at xcode log it is related to the GC.
Ticked 182200.

I just started getting this message output to the log when compiling for android. The engine does output that the file exists and is capable of writing to it but I have no idea why this appears or what it means.
1619279957884.png

clee2005

I just started getting this message output to the log when compiling for android. The engine does output that the file exists and is capable of writing to it but I have no idea why this appears or what it means.
View attachment 39691
Interesting... I'm seeing this as well in my exports and have been having issues with my iOS build where Xcode is missing a few .ogg sound files randomly. Nothing has changed with the sounds but they are missing from the xcode project. I have cleared the cache, restarted GMS2 and even tried on another machine but the same weirdness happens. My solution so far has been to duplicate a sound (any sound) which changes the GMS2 project file and that seems to export fully to Xcode. I'll file a ticket once I can pin it down more. It's just odd right now.

I am having a keyboard input problem in HTML5. It works fine when testing locally on my PC, but when I upload the game to a website, it receives no keyboard input for filling out a form. I am using keyboard_string, keyboard_check(ord()). I am not sure what the problem is, I am guessing it is related to the keyboard problem others have been having in this thread.

tried to update to 2.3.2.560 and wouldn't install correctly. also had network problems downloading, having to keep clicking refresh but my internet is working fine. currently reinstalled IDE v2.3.1.542 Runtime v2.3.1.409

I am definitely in the minority here (which is good!) but for some reason, compile times are 100% longer than they were with the runtime from December-ish 2020. I've been looking into my antivirus settings and all the recommendations above, but I'm honestly a little too lost to pinpoint what exactly has happened for me. Any insight for this Windows 10 user is appreciated!! Great stuff otherwise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.