• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GMS Version 1.4.1763

chmod777

Are you stopping support for Studio 1.X?
Support for GameMaker: Studio 1.4 will continue for the moment, and it will receive maintenance to ensure you can still make and submit games for the various export platforms.

Last "stable" (LOL) release: 2016-10-06 :p:p

S

signal

Support for GameMaker: Studio 1.4 will continue for the moment, and it will receive maintenance to ensure you can still make and submit games for the various export platforms.

Only time will tell if they keep their word on the maintenance updates. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jack S

mouse_check_button_released does not work (never called) on HTML5 (Mobile only, or use Chrome Developer tools and set it to mobile emulation).

Sample project - add a room, add an object to the room - in the object step put the following code

if(mouse_check_button_released(mb_left)) {
show_debug_message("Mouse Released");
}

In desktop Chrome with the dev tools open you see the output when you click... If you set the dev tools to mobile emulation - you don't get the output.

I just duplicated this in the latest version of gms 2.0.6 as well. x_x

--- 8 hours later ---
Well after trying several older version I still had no luck only on mobile - so i reinvented the wheel and handled the mouse events such as mousedown (pointerdown on newer browesers) in a javascript extension by hooking them to the game content div. Then I set it up to poll for these mouse events inside of GMS. Not the most elegant solution, but at least I have mouse events on mobile web as well as desktop web.

Last edited:
S

signal

If you have the IDE open (w/ open scripts/code windows) and click the Show Desktop button in Windows 10, and then click on any other item in your taskbar, any open GMS script/code windows will become visible.

Such a pain in the ass. I know you won't fix in 1.4.. but maybe in 2.. who knows? I don't care. I'm just venting.

gnysek

They released at least 3 EA Preview versions from this time. I'm nearly sure they will release stable 1.4 in this quater of year. Probably one per half year from now.

chmod777

Yeah, I can understand there will be less releases for GM:S 1 now but with so many critical errors being reported about this version (memory leaks, crashes on common functions), I really expected a stable release much sooner.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Not sure if anyone posted the post-Windows-Creators-Update startup error anywhere, so here's a screenshot of it:
upload_2017-6-4_14-51-29.png

A

Anamik

I have not received an update since the last update V1.4.1763. I am still looking forward to it.

acidemic

Thanks for the links! But what about Steam version? I have not got any update notification on Steam yet.
Here are instructions how to update GMS to latest beta (which 1.4.1767 actually is):
https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/15/updating-gamemaker-studio-stable-vs-beta

It says following:
"For Steam users you will need to right-click GameMaker: Studio in your library and choose the "Betas" tab, then make your choice here. Steam will then search for any updates and start downloading it to be installed before you can run GameMaker: Studio again."

Y

yanyan

A question: I bought GMS2 on steam, how could i find the licences key?

ShineBolt

EDIT#2: Went back to version 1.4.1757 and the error is completely gone in that version, so it's definitely something in 1.4.1763 that's causing this crash.
This might be a strange place to ask this, but since someone here has the answer: how do I get an old version of GMS1?

Last edited:

Mick

How old do you need? in the release notes you can download older versions by clicking the headers, oldest that seems to be downloadable is 1.4.1451 (from 2014).