• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS to GMS2- How long will the discount last?

trg601

I am wondering how long the discount for buying GMS2 from GMS will last. I don't really think you guys are ready to give an exact date, but I was wonderng, does anyone know if it will last until Christmas? (for present reasons)

Thank you!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
As with most discounts or sales, it usually goes like this:

Those who want to know can not tell.
Those who know do not want to tell.

With that said, I am unable to provide an exact date.

@

@Alex@

You'll never get even a month that it'll end but it's pretty safe to say it'll last until GameMaker Studio 2 is out of Beta at the very least.

N

NPT

I'm guessing that it will last until Christmas.

We are still in a Beta period and the Official Launch is not scheduled until q1 2017. It doesn't make sense to terminate upgrade pricing prior to the launch of the product.

csanyk

Personally, I think that the upgrade discount should be perpetual; so long as you have a valid license of GMS1.x, you should be able to get the discount. That said, YYG have said that it would be for a limited time. It doesn't matter to me -- I bought mine already. But if I decide to buy other modules later, and I can't get the discount, I'll be frowny.

trg601

Well I will wait then, and try out the beta some more. Perhaps the winter sale will be better.

Thanks everyone!

N

NPT

Well I will wait then, and try out the beta some more. Perhaps the winter sale will be better.

Thanks everyone!
i wouldn't count on the number of sales and as attractive sales as YYGs offered on 1.4.

This is a new product and YYGs sales got to the point where a lot of people didn't buy, specifically waiting for a sale. I don't think this will happen for 2.0 for a while.

trg601

i wouldn't count on the number of sales and as attractive sales as YYGs offered on 1.4.
This is a new product and YYGs sales got to the point where a lot of people didn't buy, specifically waiting for a sale. I don't think this will happen for 2.0 for a while.
Oh that makes sense, thank you