Suggestion GMS should have a Open Source section on YoYo games website

I wanted to suggest the idea of GMS having a open source section on YoYo Games website, like the marketplace. I think that it would be very beneficial to every programmer who use GMS, so that its not just the marketplace of where people can add-on other peoples inventions, they can also choose to use open source code. The specifics of a open source code submission would be in terms of what operating system is being used, GMS version, how the IDE is setup to correctly compile the program should be also included in the open source, and other details ( regarding the open source code listing ). This would allow all supported versions of GMS to have their own open source section.

The second idea to add to this section, if the open source idea is possible, is to also have the open source submission follow the same rules that GNU uses on their website so that even if GNU can not provide a section for GML source code on their own website, it could still be accepted and registered by GNU as a open source submission that is available on YoYo game's website. An arrangement between YoYo Games and GNU would have to be done to allow this. There is no reason to reinvent open source system like GNU, for GMS if this arrangement can be made.

This is the general idea of what I am proposing, and I was wondering if any of you would be in favor of this idea?

Cpaz

I think the option of using github releases for the marketplace and being able to search for packages by closed/open source and lisence would be good enough, IMO.

If anyone still remembers catalyst, that was the foundation of how that worked. Unfortunately, it broke with 2.3 and seems like it'll be rendered redundant with the new marketplace?

Only time will tell in that one, I suppose.