• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GMS:Pro to GMS:2

B

BACANAKBROS

Hey guys. How can i import my gms:pro project to gms:2?

Jabbers

Hi there. Open up GMS2, select "File" from the top left, then select "Import Project" and select your old project file.

It will import the project and tell you what changes it made to make it compatible with GMS2. It will generate scripts for old functions that are no longer in GMS2, and may modify your GML code to make it compatible with any syntax changes.

B

BACANAKBROS

Hi there. Open up GMS2, select "File" from the top left, then select "Import Project" and select your old project file.

It will import the project and tell you what changes it made to make it compatible with GMS2. It will generate scripts for old functions that are no longer in GMS2, and may modify your GML code to make it compatible with any syntax changes.
yey i tried yesterday it didnt work :D today worked :D

M

MoFaShi

GMS2 is not stable right now, since I have updated my GMS1 to GMS2, it has crashed over 15 times. this is a really really annoying thing.

gnysek

I'm using it for 5 months, and not crashed at all for me, while I tested about 50 different projects/examples (like marketplace, imported ones).

M

MoFaShi

maybe there are something wrong with Chinese users, because I have heard at least 5 people(not include me) who come from China said that their GMS2's IDE had crashed.

gnysek

maybe there are something wrong with Chinese users, because I have heard at least 5 people(not include me) who come from China said that their GMS2's IDE had crashed.
It may be connected to regional settings. I am however also using non-english version of Windows, but maybe problem comes with non-latin characters in file paths, then it may crash.