• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam GMS not working - Runtime error

M

m1s3ry

Hello.

I am a GMS 2 user, but I wanted to use GMS 1.4 so I could upload assets on the store for GMS 1.4 (assuming that I can't do that from GMS 2 because it seems that it only works for GMS 2 assets).
Anyway, the engine is just not working. I just bought the humble bundle version, and it does not open.
First, it opens the splash screen with the PLAY/MAKE. I choose MAKE. Then it starts throwing some errors saying "SCM Config File is outdated, could not find 'revision-revert (or alike)', adding to config.". Then, a few seconds later, I get a "Runtime error 217 at 00585119".

I couldn't find something helpful in google. Some people say that is a registry thing, but I already run CCleaner and nothing. Plus, free version of GMS 1.4 works just fine.

Any help with this would be really appreciated. I am using Windows 10, if it matters.

Thanks!

V

Vlatonic

If it's still relevant, I fixed exactly the same issue as you have had by deleting all files that have to do with GMS. Uninstall the program first and then search for "Gamemaker" on your computer and remove all files that it will find. Good luck!