• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS Manual's search engine lists results that you can not click on

I got a problem with using the online GameMaker Studio 2 search engine, when I enter in "event_count". It lists the all the links it finds about ( or closely relevant to ) the subject, but some of the links in the listing do not let me click on them, especially first link that says "event_count". I can see my mouse on the monitor turn into a highlighting cursor, not a pointer when I hover it above these links. I had to use the "folder with the a-z" option to look up event_count just to read the documentation. The search engine does it with other searches that lists results I can not click on. It mixes the results of links that you CAN click on with links that you CAN'T click on, in the listing it produces.

I know that this online manual is new and has not been hammered out flat of its faults on a anvil, but this one problem makes finding the information that I want to read, frustrating.

Has anyone else noticed this problem ?

Late Correction : I was searching for "event_number"

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
I the past I have had a similar issue where I would have to wait a minute before the links from the search became clickable. I presume because the JavaScript search function was still running and populating the search results with links.

Roldy

1. I don't believe there is a reference for 'event_count.' Perhaps you meant 'event_number.'
  2. I do not have the issue you describe. I'm using Chrome on Windows, and Safari on MacOS
  3. If you have a bug with the manual report it:

I the past I have had a similar issue where I would have to wait a minute before the links from the search became clickable. I presume because the JavaScript search function was still running and populating the search results with links.
Same here, I have had that problem too and thought that the server was hog tied with requests from other users.

Another problem is that when I set my Firefox web browser's view setting to view the website in its actual size, it changes
the background of the search engine's listing from a dark gray to a pure white, making the listing hard to read because the text is formatted in a light gray. When I change the setting to zoom out ( by one click ), it changes that pure white background back to the dark gray color that it was seen in. Then I can read the listing.

I'm having the same issue actually... :(
That's exactly what is happening on my end when I try to look up subjects.

What gives?!

1. I don't believe there is a reference for 'event_count.' Perhaps you meant 'event_number.'
  2. I do not have the issue you describe. I'm using Chrome on Windows, and Safari on MacOS
  3. If you have a bug with the manual report it:
Im using Firefox on Windows...

Sorry, your right ... event number is what I was looking up...