iOS GMS Mac and iOS

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by RizbIT, Feb 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

On Windows you can develop an app
    Plug a Android phone into PC/laptop
    Then debug or build and deploy apk directly to the phone, it helps with testing.

But can you do this on a mac?

Use GMS mac version, develop the app/code
    Plug in iphone via usb
    Then press debug/build to test app on iphone?

If yes what is needed?
    Mac / Macbook
    GMS Mac Licence?

If you have say bought the Mobile licence for windows version would that work on mac?

Another thing to actually use the mobile licence (that includes android and ios) do you need to buy anything else or just install the free GMS version and enter the licence key for the mobile export?

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

3. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

so you just download the free mac version of gms and add the mobile licence to it?

what about ttesting app on the iphone how easy or complex is it

4. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

The instructions are right here. Read it and judge for yourself how easy or complex it is.

SnotWaffle Studios likes this.
  5. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

ok i set it up hooked up gms 1.4 to macbook, activated remote login and did the file sharing, connection succeeded.

But I dont have Mac export, just the ios one.

I also dont have a developer account yet

Could i still debug test an ios app?

or do you HAVE to have those in order to even test apps

6. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

You'll need an Apple Developer account, but you don't need the paid membership to test your games on device.

RizbIT likes this.
  7. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

im stuck at the developer certificate steps.

the docs really dont tell you how to do this properly.

Im using this
    https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753858-Develop-For-And-Distribute-To-iOS

At tis step:
    If you're a solo developer or the first person in your team to set everything up, generate a Certificate Signing Request via the Keychain Access application (this can be found in the Applications > Utilities folder). Note that you only need one CSR per computer, so this file will be used for all your games, on both the Mac and iOS platforms. If you have previously created one for the iOS target module then there is no need to create another one and you can skip this step.

So i did that and it asked me to email the certificate then after i open the attachement it then opens another dialog but there it asks me if i want to create a certificate or ca etc..not sure

this is a fresh macbook and first time making ios app, so got nothing setup on the mac, just got the free developer account and apple account
    are there any step by step instructions

8. RizbIT

RizbIT Member