• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 GMS HTML5 game crashes only only on mobile

scrimblo

Hi! Over the past couple months, I've been working on a little personal, game/toy thing in Gamemaker Studio targetting HTML5. I've been regularly pushing updated versions to itch.io so my friends can play and playtest. In the second to last update, I noticed that, although it still works on my web browser, the game no longer works on mobile which it previously had. The loading screen appears, but after a prolonged wait, the page reloads saying an error has occurred. I am wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this and if there are solutions. I'll list some details below:
Game link: https://drewg8.itch.io/orison
Web Browser on laptop (works): Chrome
Web browser on mobile (does not work): Safari and Chrome
Notes:
- I am using legacy sound, and the current version of the game has some sound in use, the first version of the game that stopped working had two sounds in the game, but unused. Previously I had no trouble with legacy sound affecting mobile, but this could be a factor
- The game is probably poorly compiled, I just use GM's basic create application tool, but it's not a very large game (2,453 kb zipped)
- The game does not and has never used WebGL
- The game is tagged as mobile-friendly on itch.io