• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS Deleting Any New Resource

K

KrTe

Hello fellow developers, I have come into a problem with my ability to make my game. It just deletes any kind of sprite and tile set, but it might not be limited to those two things, as I have not needed to create any new code. I have Game Maker Studio 2 version 2.3.0.592 exactly, and if I remember correctly, I originally copied the game from a base physics engine I had created, but that's where I think I might've gone south, and the thing is, I have to finish the game by tomorrow for a competition, and it's nowhere near finished. For more details, whenever I create a new sprite, it seems to act like it never existed, and when I put it onto a tile set, the tiles show up on my room editor, but when I go to test the game, they do not show up. When discovering this issue, I changed the background to a sprite I made, but loading in the game, it was white like it never existed. When I close and open up the project, it said it was referenced, but not found. I really need someone's help, and I hope that I can solve the issue, Please respond by tomorrow before midnight. I can provide any information needed to help find out went wrong.

curato

Only thing I would suggest is try 2.3.1 it fixes a lot of things from the original 2.3 release. Otherwise, you might have to make an official ticket. As always make sure you have a good backup.

K

KrTe

Only thing I would suggest is try 2.3.1 it fixes a lot of things from the original 2.3 release. Otherwise, you might have to make an official ticket. As always make sure you have a good backup.
Hmm. I'll probably try that soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KrTe

Update- It seems to only be on the game that I encountered the problem to begin with.

K

KrTe

I just now realized the project is screwed. I've lacked motivation from stress due to other things, and honestly it's just not worth my time. Plus, I'm only a beginner to GMS, and this is a way to find out things the hard way.