• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS GMS creates a damaged .xcodeproj when an extension has a 3rd Party framework with "+" sign in the framework name.

Hi, I'm not sure where to post bugs? I found the following bug while compile my project on MacOS which has an iOS extension that includes 3rd party frameworks. The framework is called gRPC-C++.framework and the special "+" character is breaking the build. GMS is not quoting the framework name in the project.pbxproj file and it corrupts the file.

Steps to reproduce:

->Create an iOS extension
->add a 3rd party framework and call it gRPC-C++.framework
-> compile

GMS
xcodebuild: error: Unable to read project 'projectname.xcodeproj'.
Reason: The project ‘projectname’ is damaged and cannot be opened due to a parse error. Examine the project file for invalid edits or unresolved source control conflicts.

Work around:

->Go in build folder where the projectname.xcodeproj is created and right click on the file and select "show package contents".
->Edit the file "project.pbxproj"
->Search for "gRPC-C++.framework"
-> find line:
6AD06C2217A90BE700B37894 /* gRPC-C++.framework */ = {isa = PBXFileReference; lastKnownFileType = wrapper.framework; name = gRPC-C++.framework; path = "Fw/gRPC-C++.framework"; sourceTree = "<group>"; };

-> add quotes around the string gRPC-C++.framework like this:
6AD06C2217A90BE700B37894 /* gRPC-C++.framework */ = {isa = PBXFileReference; lastKnownFileType = wrapper.framework; name = "gRPC-C++.framework"; path = "Fw/gRPC-C++.framework"; sourceTree = "<group>"; };