• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS 2 unresponsive when Macbook pro wakes up

rellmaker

First I must mention, I have only recently started using GMS 2 after a hiatus of about 1 year.

If I allow my Macbook to enter sleep mode, or close the laptop and open it later, the GMS2 GUI is unresponsive. This only seems to happen if a considerable amount of time elapses between closing the laptop or entering sleep mode and reopening, like an hour or more.

When the GUI is unresponsive like this, all the GMS2 drop-down menus at the top of the OSX window can be selected but appear to do nothing (here I'm referring to the menus on the same row as the Apple symbol) If I select GMS2 > Quit, even this does not work. When I try to click anywhere in the GUI nothing happens, I can not obtain focus. Thus, none of the GMS 2 GUI top row menu items work (the menus that are actually part of the GUI).

When the GUI becomes unresponsive like this, my only option is to quit by either using Cmd-Tab-Q, or using Activity Monitor to kill the GMS 2 process.

Everything else seems to work fine before the GUI freezes.

I'm using an older Macbook Pro (mid-2012) running macOS Sierra v10.12.6. My GMS 2 version is IDE v2.2.4.474 and Runtime v2.2.4.374.

Any thoughts or suggestions about how to avoid this are greatly appreciated.

Rick

P

phaselock.studio

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the same issue on an older MacBook Pro (early 2011) running High Sierra.