• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS 2 Offline

P

Primoz128

Today i lost internet connection for a while(using my phone atm), went on to use GMS 2, it opened up for me like usual and then for every action i did it froze for 10-20 seconds when it usually does everything in an instant. So i restarted it and the same happened, so i went on and logged off to see if there is an offline mode since it seemed it tried connecting with every action i did, otherwise i have no clue what might have been the problem. Now when i logged off there was no offline mode of course, so now i can't do anything at all...

Is GMS 2 a must have internet connection ? If so, i don't like it at all.

Z

zendraw

it seems to me almost all software is becoming like this. they cant figure out a way to make a software uncrackable so i guess this is the only way. altho i also think to have internet at all times is a bit too far. in gms1 as i know you have 1 month to reevaluate your license or in other words you cant go offline for more then 1 month. not sure why they havent stick with this way.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The GameMaker Studio 2 FAQ should answer your question.

It is possible that the IDE sees that there is a network card and thus expects an internet connection to exist, even though it currently doesn't. It may be attempting to send analytics data and waits for this process to complete, times out after a while and then resumes functionality. That's just a wild guess, though. One thing to try would be to temporarily disable your network card in the device manager - this should clearly signal that there is no connection and, if my guess is correct, the freezes should cease to exist. Given your statement that you can't do anything at all at the moment, though, this may not be applicable right now.

P

Primoz128

Okay thanks a lot guys, i will keep this in mind that it DOES work offline according to the FAQ and it running for me, but also restart the network device if it lags like hell.

Also yeah, NOTHING is uncrackable, i fiddled a bit with reverse engineering when i also first started with GM 7.0 when i was like 11(22 now) and from what i learned, nothing is uncrackable thus companies are moving to always online requirement, though Diablo 3 and the new Sim City(i think that's what's it called) really tanked because of that internet connection for the first few weeks, i remember playing Diablo 3 from day 1 and holy cow did i have like 400 ms along with a too weak processor, which did make up for a really poor experience. It's not exactly a good trade off, though once a month is just fine like with GMS 2.

Last edited by a moderator: