• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS 2 Keeps running on steam after closed

M

maratae

Sometimes when I close GMS2 it appears on my steam library as if it's still running.
GMS2 process on the task manager isn't running or anything.
As such, it won't let me close steam or run GMS2 because it thinks it's already running.

Does anybody know what may be causing this? Has anyone had this issue?

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I had this issue too! I thought it was just Steam being wonky.
If you close Steam via the task manager it doesn't yell about GMS2 still being open!
I've no idea what causes it though, it doesn't seem to happen every time I close GMS2.

M

maratae

I had this issue too! I thought it was just Steam being wonky.
If you close Steam via the task manager it doesn't yell about GMS2 still being open!
I've no idea what causes it though, it doesn't seem to happen every time I close GMS2.
Do you think it could be caused by my code having some memory leak or something?

ThePC007

I've had similar problems with GM:S 1 on Steam. Just kill it using the Task Manager or write a .cmd file that kills it and launch it whenever you exit GM:S.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
GMS2 doesn't show up in the task manager after closing, but Steam says it's still running.
Whenever I had this happen with 1.4, the task still showed in TM.

And I don't think it's a code fault on your end @maratae , I think it's the IDE.
I know I don't have any memory leaks in my game, and it still happens.

Cpaz

I believe this also happened with GMS 1.4 as well. The only real thing to do is manually "end" the process in task manager.

You will probably have to wait for a patch... (If it ever gets one)

J

Jamblefoot

Has anybody figured out what the deal with this is?

I've been messing around with a few apps and things for Android, and it seems to be related to running the Android compiler. Or, like, the gradle daemon still running in the background. I'm not sure, that just sounds sinister, but the only solution I've found is to task manager end process the Steam bootstrapper, as that's what I'm running it through. I'm concerned that I'm not doing a proper shutdown of the program, or that there are background processes that I should be deactivating prior to exit.

Strmy

Did anyone find solution ? except closing the steam and reopening it again its pretty inconvinient to do it every time you close game maker.

Loganout

lol post over 3 years old and the problem still exists.
I bought GMS 2 this week and from what I see the support is very slow!