• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS 2.3 Crashed the Video Card unexpectedly!

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I was using the Game Maker Studio 2.3 normally and I went to minimize and out of nowhere there was a memory lake on the video card that made the video card stop working and then go back, after that GMS 2.3 started to suck all RAM and use the disc and then stopped, I had to close forced and I couldn't even save my progress...
The video card is updated in the latest version (Aug 2020).

This was the first time that it occurred to me, and I believe that my notebook is not so bad. I used GMS 2 on an Intel Celeron and it never crashed that way.

PC Setup:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 3.7 Ghz
RAM Memory: 8 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz (2 GB shared memory)
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX Vega 8, Dedicated 2 GB Memory
HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

I didn't even force GMS 2, I just minimized it, it was using around 300 MB of RAM before...

What do you think?

drandula

I found my video card crashing hard this week, when I was testing my project (GMS2.3). Crash appeared when I switch from fullscreen to window: Screen just goes black never returning, and Ctrl+Alt+Delete etc don't do anything. I have to reset computer when this happens, and I can repeat this problem.
The code which causes this for me, is linked to changing application surface and resizing GUI size in same step. I would reason this as problem appeared when I added those parts, and it disappeared when I deleted those. Though I don't know the reason why it would crash, but I am going to make bug report when I pinpoint it more accurately (though I need crash computer to do several times šŸ˜…).