• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS 2.3.4 Quits on Start Up

I upgraded to the newest stable and it won't run. I think I upgraded from 2.3.3 (which worked fine) to 2.3.4. When I double click the GMS2 icon it appears on my taskbar and right when it is about to display something onscreen it quits with no error message. The screen fills with white/gray that would be filled in with the launch menu over time, but it quits before that happens. I've tried reinstall and restarting the computer and none of that changes the behavior. My desktop is running Win 10, and is an Intel i7-2600k.

Try doing a clean install and if that doesn't help, contact YYG: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...perform-a-fresh-install-of-GameMaker-Studio-2
Under the "Backup Before You Begin!" section they say to copy from a directory that doesn't exist. I was able to find files that have the same names under Users/"Profile Name"/AppData/Roaming/GameMakerStudio2. If they have the same names they are the same files right? After using Add Remove Programs to uninstall I downloaded GMS 2.3.4 again and installed, but have the same exact problem.