• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

3D GMS 1.4 Need help loading a .d3d file

O

oxhca

Hello! I'm pretty new to gamemaker studio, comming from gamemaker 8. This is the code I used to load 3d models in old gamemaker but it doesn't seem to work in studio:

//Create
model = d3d_model_create();
d3d_model_load(model,"mep.d3d");
texture = background_get_texture(tex_mep);

//Draw
draw_set_color(c_white);
d3d_model_draw(model,35,35,0,texture);

I have noticed that different from old gamemaker, studio creates a folder of stuff instead of just a single file and I've been thinking that maybe I placed the d3d file in the wrong location but I've tried in different folders and it still doesn't work. :confused:

G

Guest User

Load the model in "Included Files" in the resources tree and try the game after that.

O

oxhca

Thank you!
One more question. It now loads the model but it appears distant and follow the screen as I move. It's not positioned where it's supposed to. I have added d3d_start() to the code.

NVM. Solved the problem by changing the depth of the camera.

Last edited by a moderator: