• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GMS 1.4 has a BIG problem with fps

B

Blual

To sum things up: I'm working together with a friend on a mobile game for Android. I'm a designer, he is a coder, and we're working with gms 1.4.
I still own gm8 and I've noticed some bull💩💩💩💩:
-a project imported from gm8 and then compiled with GMS1.4 runs fine on android 6 devices
-a blank room made from scrap only with GMS 1.4 runs less than half fps (our target fps is 60, a blank room has 22-23 top)

How is a project converted from gm8 to gms 1.4 much better than a new project created with gms 1.4? We've been going through optimization at first, then we noticed gms 1.4 cannot run a freaking BLANK, EMPTY ROOM on android 6 devices, but a project that was converted from gm8 and then packed for android in gms 1.4 runs JUST FINE.

Is there some passages we're missing during compilation? We've tried countless combinations (I'm not the coder though, I only know so far about coding and even less about android packages) but nothing seems to work so far. And this whole thing doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Suggestions? I don't really have much more info except that we used the same configurations for both new and imported projects, and new projects, even if blank, do not run well on Android 6 devices.