• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS 1.4 android and google play

Coxy ofNewp

I been really busy with a business venture for year or so! And as such, I've missed allot of what is going on with GMS!
I have 1.4 with the humble bundle extension pack and also a full GMS 2 licence (no extensions)
Now I have time to get on with my dream game, I need to know 2 things??
1> Does 1.4 android work fine with Google Play ?
2> Anyone have android extension for GMS2 and could they say what they think of it ?

I want to do a build with 1.4 first and see how it does,before I invest in android GMS2
Any Help and advise, most welcome

Coxy ofNewp

Sorry late reply, I was thinking, will the projects made with 1.4 - still run on peoples phones? ( And I don't mean in google play ) or will google class it as a dangerous program. Then that begs the question - can you just agree to run it,knowing it could be?
It's just I think that the gms2 android exporter is too much, even when it was on the summer sale.. But I'll guess Ill get one in the future..
Tnx for reply and link

W

Wahoo_M1

Android products made in GMS 1.4 will no longer be eligible to publish on Google Play starting August this year.

https://9to5google.com/2019/01/15/android-app-64-bit-requirement/

You will either begin your investigation on GMS 2, or not begin at all and move onto something else.
Just got notifications from Google Play that two of my GM:S 1.4 games had been removed from the store for security vulnerabilities.
FrostyCat, based on what you said above, there is no longer a way to fix this other than moving to GMS 2, true?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Just got notifications from Google Play that two of my GM:S 1.4 games had been removed from the store for security vulnerabilities.
FrostyCat, based on what you said above, there is no longer a way to fix this other than moving to GMS 2, true?
There is no way to fix this without migrating to GMS 2. You might be able to fix the vulnerabilities by upgrading the version and/or extensions in GMS 1.4, but you can't fix 64-bit compliance with GMS 1.4.

By the way, I don't understand why it took until now for you to realize something is wrong with your offerings. Removals on Google Play due to security vulnerabilities don't usually happen without prior warning. If you're going to develop mobile apps, pay more attention to news on mobile app development and the engine you're using, and respond promptly to warning emails from app stores when you get them.