• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 GMS 1.4.9999: HTML5 errors with empty room project

F

fedeali

Using last version, GMS 1.4.9999, creating a new project with only an empty room and running as HTML5:
- When the game loads, the following error logs to web console:
ReferenceError: require is not defined
Call Stack contains only:
- After the game is loaded, when the user clicks for the first time on the canvas, the following error logs:
TypeError: _Vt2 is undefined
Call Stack:
Is someone achieving to make HTML5 games with GMS 1.4.9999? I remember I had (almost) no problems with older versions.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The HTML5 export worked just fine the last time I tried it. Unless the error is from a blank-room project, it's probably something in your code. Even then, you should expect to work around it yourself as GMS 1.4 is well past sunset.

If you want to know where the error is from, run your project under debug mode (F6). Any errors from outside the runner's core will show its unobfuscated name in the stack trace. Be it GMS 1.4 or GMS 2, it's normal for the HTML5 export to be intolerant to some code that native exports forgive.