Modules: All (except HTML5)
Now supports GMS:2!
A full GML-only video player implementation! Can play multiple videos at once with great performance (Average 2000 fps on mid range computer, 720p video).
Smooth performance on low end & older mobile devices as well, video shows Galaxy Note 4 running at a constant 60 FPS (Capped).
This asset is recommended for shorter, lower range HD resolution videos (as aforementioned, 720p videos run fine). For long, high resolution playback exclusive to desktops there are other assets on the marketplace that cater to those needs.
- Truly cross platform playback. One line of code and one video file fits them all.
- Pause, fast forward video.
- Advanced timing mechanism: Audio and video always sync up to the target frame rate, despite what the game is running at.
- Use the video output as a texture. Run it through a shader, use it as a 3d model's texture, draw it to a surface, many more applications!
- Extremely light on memory, smart caching to keep the video ready to play
- Supports all major formats through converter
If you want more of an insight, feel free to Download the converter and read the manual.
On a final note, there are other assets on the marketplace that provide multi platform video support, the distinction here being that their method is loading images as quickly as possible from the hard drive, making it virtually unusable on mobile devices and a big battery drainer. GMLVideo uses actual hard drive streaming, caching and on the fly compression to deliver a fast and smooth video output.