• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension GMLive.gml - live-coding for GML! (and all other sorts of real-time asset reloading)

rIKmAN

@YellowAfterlife It seems that I am having problems running the exe in the latest version of Game Maker IDE v2024.2.0.132 Runtime 2024.2.0.163. When running the exe, it detects an error in the position of a character when it is reading the .yyp. It's happened to me since the last GM update. I don't know if it's widespread because there don't seem to be any reports.
Code:
Error: Invalid char 125 at position 226

Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::invalidChar line 318
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::parseRec line 85
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::parseRec line 117
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::parseRec line 90
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::doParse line 57
Called from live.server.GmlLiveData::load22 line 253
Called from live.server.GmlLiveData::load2 line 375
Called from live.server.GmlLiveData::load line 386
Called from live.server.GmlLiveServer::main_1 line 321
Called from live.server.GmlLiveServer::main line 409
Press any key to exit!
If you bought on itch.io he released a temporary fix for 2024.2 versions until he can update other changes/fixes and release it.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
@YellowAfterlife It seems that I am having problems running the exe in the latest version of Game Maker IDE v2024.2.0.132 Runtime 2024.2.0.163. When running the exe, it detects an error in the position of a character when it is reading the .yyp. It's happened to me since the last GM update. I don't know if it's widespread because there don't seem to be any reports.
Code:
Error: Invalid char 125 at position 226

Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::invalidChar line 318
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::parseRec line 85
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::parseRec line 117
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::parseRec line 90
Called from haxe.format.JsonParser::doParse line 57
Called from live.server.GmlLiveData::load22 line 253
Called from live.server.GmlLiveData::load2 line 375
Called from live.server.GmlLiveData::load line 386
Called from live.server.GmlLiveServer::main_1 line 321
Called from live.server.GmlLiveServer::main line 409
Press any key to exit!
I uploaded a hotfix to itch page, you can get it even if you bought on marketplace
1710803478864.png

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Released a new version, which adds GM2024 support properly (and has a few more fixes)