• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker GML Trying to create object at the end of dialogue.

I

infinitesimal_J

Trying to make a nice end screen for the final cutscene. I followed friendlycosmonauts Textbox tutorial for everything, as I'm about as noob as possible.

Code:
if (place_meeting(x,y, Faust))  {
    if (keyboard_check_pressed(vk_space))&& (Talkie == true) {
        if (mytextbox == noone) {
            mytextbox = instance_create_layer(0,0, "text", Otextbox);
            mytextbox.text = mytextt;
            mytextbox.port = myportrait;
            mytextbox.creator = self;

} }
}
    else {
        if (mytextbox != noone) {
            instance_destroy(mytextbox);
            mytextbox = noone;
        } }
In short, I want a sprite (or object, this project isn't big enough to worry about efficiency too much, just whatever is easiest) to fade onto screen when the final textbox is destroyed. I have no idea how to do this at all, and after 4 hours of trying to figure out how to do this by satisfying variables I give up! Anyone have any idea how to make this work? Thanks in advance!

I

infinitesimal_J

Alright. Throwing in the towel, since the final dialogue is the longest in the game, i've set it so that on [page 19], in the textbox object, it creates the object. While it gets the job done, it certainly isn't a good solution, especially for future projects...