• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML run this game in debug mode does anyone know?

B

barshems

hi I don't know if there was recently an update to game maker that I missed the notes for but recently when I click the debug mode it checks to connect to a server. it never did this before, in addition my game now runs at 20 megabytes of ram higher than it did before and all I did was add 1 object!

anyone know anything about this?

Jabbers

Not really a programming issue which is probably why you aren't getting many replies.

What version of GameMaker are you using? The debug module has been in GMS 1.x.x for years now. The connection window is normal, is it possible you just never noticed it before?

As for the memory usage, I wouldn't worry. Blank GameMaker projects aren't really blank. There is a lot of "engine stuff" going on in the background. As long as you are using the latest stable version of GameMaker, you should be fine.

C

CoderJoe

Plus, I think when you compile your game for release, it should (I think) use less memory as well.