Gml Ren'py

H

HallJamesChristian

I am working on a visual novel with rpg elements like 2d game environment, turn based fighting, inventory, stats and such. I need some help. I'm not sure how to implement the visual novel aspect. I like how the Ren'py engine works with labels, and jump and show and such. If there is any help anyone can offer I'd be grateful. I'll also release the script or game maker studio 2 file, certain to anyone who helps and wants the completed visual novel 'engine', and maybe for anyone, if I see no valid reason not to. I know there are Ren'py 'mods' that enable 2d environments, and fighting, but there are licencing issues such that they don't want me to sell my game. Also, my ruby and python experience are basic and I'd rather not write and edit in them. Anything from pseudo code to code to tutorials are helpful, having to do with visual novel implementation. Thank.

H

HallJamesChristian

There is a VN engine on the marketplace that looks good.
I'll look into it. If i can use it and have the other game mechanics I need from game maker I'll do it. Thank you. I suspect I won't be able to use the gmstudio 2 editor environment and objects and such, but I hope I'm wrong.