Asset - Scripts GML Regular Expressions (free)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dragon47, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

Tristano likes this.
  2. Tristano

Tristano Member

Really cool! Thanx. I love RegEx, and I think this asset of yours adds an important (missing) functionality to GM!

Can't really think of living without RegEx...

3. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

Thanks! :)

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob The Laughing Rogue

Howdy,

I thought I'd try your extension for my project, but it's a bit dissuading that upon running it, the demo just shows a white screen. (No looking for the e-mail address criteria you pre-formatted like your EXE on MediaFire.) Any chance this is something you'd still work on? I've been doing without it so far, but one of my potential users pointed me at regular expressions for my log-parsing, and I figured I'd give it a try anyway. $:^ J

Regards,
    Bob

5. zbox

zbox Member GMC Elder

Is there a list of the extent of it's functionality? Looks cool :)

6. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

@ParodyKnaveBob Seems like GameMaker changed its default color from black to white, making the example text white. I've updated the asset so the text is black now.

@zbox It has a lot of comments in the code which explains all functionality.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. zbox

zbox Member GMC Elder

I meant what operations/tokens it accepts that are regex-like?

8. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

It says which ones in the comments. Here's the copy-pasted section:
    Code:
    // regular expression: A string containing the regular expression (see the next paragraph if you're unfamiliar with regular expressions). Special characters are parentheses, * (Kleene closure), | (union), ^ (the empty string).
    //                     With backslash you have access to more: \n (new line), \+ (e.g. a\+ is the same as aa*), \? (a\? is the same as (^|a)), \a-z (a character from a to z), \A-Z (a character from A to Z),
    //                     \m-n (a character from m to n (or n to m) where m and n are digits from 0 to 9). Use \\ for the backslash character itself, and \* for *, \| for |, \^ for ^, \( for (, and \) for ).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.