Suggestion GML code option

GMWolf

aka fel666
I have no idea if this new forum software would allow it, but it would be great to have a GML code option when adding code. I know PHP is an option and for all for all intents and purposes, its perfectly fine to use, but the colour coding just doest work that well on this site...

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I concur. I actually noticed this and was going to make my own suggestion topic, but seems like I got beaten to it :p

Failing GML, a "generic" option that color codes C-like languages would be nice as a mostly useable replacement.

R

renex

Xenforo is very bothersome to mod so I've had more success changing the colors on the php codebox.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Yeah it's something I want to build in. Currently tough to find the time, but it seems it shouldn't be too difficult.
Any news on this?
I know there are scripts out there to do it, but it would really make it easier in people who don't have it (generally the people who are receiving the help).

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
XenForo's PHP highlighter is hardcoded into it.
There was a GeSHisyntax highlighter plugin but it wasn't updated for a while (~2015, IIRC).
Apparently XenForo 2.x is going to support client-side syntax highlighters but it's not known when it'll be out yet, from what I understand.

GMWolf

aka fel666
XenForo's PHP highlighter is hardcoded into it.
There was a GeSHisyntax highlighter plugin but it wasn't updated for a while (~2015, IIRC).
Apparently XenForo 2.x is going to support client-side syntax highlighters but it's not known when it'll be out yet, from what I understand.
Could you include java script scripts in the HTML pages served? Then you could make use of the existing tampermonkey - grease monkey scripts (with the authors permission).
Or do you not get access to that?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Could you include java script scripts in the HTML pages served? Then you could make use of the existing tampermonkey - grease monkey scripts (with the authors permission).
Or do you not get access to that?
You can include a JavaScript snippet somewhere on the page but that
A: Requires a sufficiently good GML highlighter written in JS (my userscript linked above does not do a good enough job for some cases)
B: Won't take effect until the page loads, which is of minor inconvenience.