1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion GML code option

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by GMWolf, Jun 21, 2016.

1. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I have no idea if this new forum software would allow it, but it would be great to have a GML code option when adding code. I know PHP is an option and for all for all intents and purposes, its perfectly fine to use, but the colour coding just doest work that well on this site...

Lonewolff, csanyk, Blackened and 4 others like this.
  2. SuperSlim

SuperSlim Member

I agree, it would make a lot of sense.

3. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

I concur. I actually noticed this and was going to make my own suggestion topic, but seems like I got beaten to it :p

Failing GML, a "generic" option that color codes C-like languages would be nice as a mostly useable replacement.

4. renex

renex Member

Xenforo is very bothersome to mod so I've had more success changing the colors on the php codebox.

5. Aura

Aura Guest

Blackened likes this.
  6. Blackened

Blackened Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  7. ShaunJS

ShaunJS Just Another Dev GMC Elder

Yeah it's something I want to build in. Currently tough to find the time, but it seems it shouldn't be too difficult.

csanyk, Yal, NicoDT and 1 other person like this.
  8. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Any news on this?
    I know there are scripts out there to do it, but it would really make it easier in people who don't have it (generally the people who are receiving the help).

9. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

XenForo's PHP highlighter is hardcoded into it.
    There was a GeSHisyntax highlighter plugin but it wasn't updated for a while (~2015, IIRC).
    Apparently XenForo 2.x is going to support client-side syntax highlighters but it's not known when it'll be out yet, from what I understand.

10. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Could you include java script scripts in the HTML pages served? Then you could make use of the existing tampermonkey - grease monkey scripts (with the authors permission).
    Or do you not get access to that?

11. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

You can include a JavaScript snippet somewhere on the page but that
    A: Requires a sufficiently good GML highlighter written in JS (my userscript linked above does not do a good enough job for some cases)
    B: Won't take effect until the page loads, which is of minor inconvenience.