• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GMFont - Unable to parse json entry - sampleText - text - quick brown fox

gnysek

When compiling game, I'm getting error
Code:
GMFont - Unable to parse json entry - sampleText - text - quick brown fox
It stops compiling for 1-2 seconds, then continues. How I can fix it ?

codemouse

I'm seeing this as well for the last two versions, no "quick brown fox" but just the same warning during compile. Specifically I see:

Code:
GMFont - Unable to parse json entry - sampleText - text - Press start to continue.

Jobo

GMC Elder
This does not affect compilation and is not the cause of any 1-2 second delay that you mention.

Update to the latest runtime to remove this output.

gnysek

This does not affect compilation and is not the cause of any 1-2 second delay that you mention.
I have 2.0.5.49 as runtime. Also, here is recording from compilation - for me, reading fonts and some action after takes several seconds:

Jobo

GMC Elder
Doesn't matter what it looks like. It is not the font error that causes a stall. It is processing a compilation step.
Okay, the error will be gone in the next runtime update then.

rIKmAN

I've just started getting this too, but no noticeable delay.

If there actually is an error, it would probably better to fix the cause of the output in the first place rather than just remove the output so nobody ever sees it.

IDE: 2.0.5.77
Runtime: 2.0.5.49