GMC Secret Santa 2016 - Deadline Dec 20th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah_DS

Yeah, I'm working on my gift right this moment. Started working on it yesterday. A late start, but I guess it's all good as long as it's done in time. Took me a while to decide what I wanted to do.

RujiK

Its dawn of the last day and only 6.5 out of 24 gifts have been submitted?? Are there usually a bunch of drop outs?

Honestly I'm only worried because my gift isn't done yet.

R

rui.rosario

Its dawn of the last day and only 6.5 out of 24 gifts have been submitted?? Are there usually a bunch of drop outs?

Honestly I'm only worried because my gift isn't done yet.
No dropout here... just a late submitter... as in, I'll work on something when I get home after work and in the nick of time in order to my secret-santa to receive a gift xD

Micah_DS

(snip) your Secret Santa present must be made and messaged to my GMC inbox before the 20th of December, 23:59 GMT. (snip)
So, don't we still have over 24 hours as of the time I'm writing this? It's currently only Dec 19th, 05:50 GMT.

I really hope so, because I need to sleep right now and I need to do a few more things with my gift to finish it.

HayManMarc

THE FINAL DAY IS HERE!!
(See deadline details below...)
~ ~ ~

"On the twelveth day of GMC Secret Santa Christmas my GMC Secret Santa host gave to me,

twelve day old donuts."

About the December 20th deadline:
There's a deadline because, well... there needs to be a deadline. If your gift is almost done, that's great! Keep working on it and finish it. If it's late by a few days, that's okay, just let me know so I don't give them an emergency gift (which will probably be kinda lame). This is Secret Santa, so your gift should be ready for your Secret Pal BY December 25th, right?? (duh!) The early deadline was for stragglers, procrastinators, and for giving myself time to sort the gifts into download links and such. Even if your gift will be later than the 25th, I suppose that would work -- but that's kinda lame, too.

So PLEASE, if you have a gift and it's almost done, let me know (by Private Message) ASAP. Thank you all for participating!!! This was a lot of fun!

EDIT: Also, I received some more gifts today. The Tracker Page has been updated!

Last edited:

HayManMarc

I just received another gift from a Secret Santa. Yay!! Only 4 gifts left to go! Come on, you four Santas (you know who you are), you can do this! (Remember, don't give yourselves away!)

@Misu, do not fret or frown. If your Secret Santa fails to come through, your "Emergency Secret Santa" has you covered. Right on!

If all the gifts come in before the 23rd, I'll go ahead and post up the links to the gifts early. Otherwise, the ones that have been turned in will be made available on the 23rd, and the rest will have to wait for Secret Santa's slacker elves to finish their gifts. *shrug* It is what it is. :p

>> GIFT TRACKER PAGE <<

Last edited:

Micah_DS

I feel bad that Haymanmarc isn't receiving a gift :(
I was feeling the same way. I have an idea for getting him his own secret santa(s), but it's quite late. Still, worth a shot maybe?

So!

I'm volunteering to receive messages with some quickie-yet-thoughtful gifts for HayManMarc. The plan is that I will compile any gifts together into a zip, then I'll upload and post a link to it in this thread. That way he won't know who they came from.

The deadline to submit the gifts will be when HayManMarc gives out all the other gifts, because I'd like to give him his gifts at pretty much the same time as everyone else gets theirs. He could potentially get multiple gifts, ofc, but that seems fine to me, as it would be a sort of thanks for him being the host.

If anyone likes the idea, has time, and wants to do this, please feel free to send me a message titled 'secret santa'.

But this is obviously super last minute, so no need to stress over it and no need to try for something super cool or polished. I expect our host wouldn't want you to feel a bunch of pressure to make him something.

HayManMarc

Awww...

Can you hear the bugle of the triumphant horn?
For I feel like the Grinch on Christmas morn.

However...

You only have less than a day to prepare.
For, the links on our Tracker Page I'll open to share.
Not tonight, no, not quite, that is too soon.
But tomorrow I will, probably around noon.

We joke and we poke and make each other choke
With silliness and puns, we GMC folk
But through all of the lawls, at the end of the day
This Man of Hay has only this he can say,

Hey...

Thank you, you all, your good spirits are endless
I wish you a New Year that's as merry as Christmas!

Last edited:

Micah_DS

Yay! We already have a few gifts for HayManMarc. :)
I'll keep accepting gifts via PM if any more of you guys want to give a little something to our host.

trg601

You only have less than a day to prepare.
For, the links on our Tracker Page I'll open to share.
Not tonight, no, not quite, that is too soon.
But tomorrow I will, probably around noon.

We joke and we poke and make each other choke
With silliness and puns, we GMC folk
But through all of the lawls, at the end of the day
This Man of Hay has only this he can say,

Hey...

Thank you, you all, your good spirits are endless
I wish you a New Year that's as merry as Christmas!

HaymanMarc is a wordsmith. So here is me trying and possibly failing:

I have an idea for a secret santa gift for hayman.
But it is too late in the night for me to go through with the plan.
Tomorrow I can try to make it quick.
But it still won't be in the nick.
Because that will be after noon in GMT.
Which means I might just have to ruin the secrecy.

(I will try to make something tomorrow morning before I go to work, no promises, and it will be after noon GMT if I do it unfortunately)

Is it possible @K-BitCRUSH that you could possibly delay our presents for haymanMarc just a few hours later? it wouldn't need to be much at all, like 2 or 3. If not that is okay too.

Last edited:

Micah_DS

Is it possible @K-BitCRUSH that you could possibly delay our presents for haymanMarc just a few hours later? it wouldn't need to be much at all, like 2 or 3. If not that is okay too.
At this moment, it appears there's just under 4 hours left until noon on Dec 23rd, GMT. That is actually 4 AM on Dec 23rd where I live. I usually go to sleep around 2 or 3 AM, due to my work schedule, so by the time I wake up, it will already be a number of hours past noon GMT, so it looks like you have your delay of 2-3 hours and then some. :p

EDIT: Well, since it was noon PST and not noon GMT, you have even more time, yay!

Last edited:

Micah_DS

Well, I never said anything about GMT time, here. I was actually referring to my own timezone ---> PST.
Ahh, okay, I got a bit confused and it looks like trg601 also thought you meant noon GMT. You're in the same timezone as me, actually.

So, unless I'm still partly confused, that would mean @trg601 will actually have his gift done in good time, since PST is 8 hours behind GMT.

trg601

Oh, that's good.
Also, Hayman, I think we were confused because you said GMT for the original deadline, and didn't tell us what your timezone is, but that's cool, more time for me :D!
After your "Secret Pal" is assigned, your Secret Santa present must be made and messaged to my GMC inbox before the 20th of December, 23:59 GMT.

HayManMarc

The Santas have arrived!! (Finally!)

Download your gift by clicking on the gift icon below your name on the...
Gift Tracker & Download Page.

Crack open the eggnog, hang up the mistletoe, stoke up the fireplace,
and turn on your favorite Christmas tunes!
It's time to open presents and share your surprise and review your present with the rest of us.
This is our very own GMC Christmas Party and no one is gonna stop us! :)

So let's get to unwrapping those presents and...

Last edited:

Micah_DS

Perfect timing! I just finished uploading everyone's gifts for HayManMarc as well. :)

@HayManMarc Here are your gifts from your 5 awesome Secret Santas.
Thanks to all you guys for making it possible for even our host to get gifts!

EDIT: I LOVE MY GIFT, BTW!!
Thanks to whoever gave me a 3D shadows shader project! I do already have one from when I requested the shader and @Fel666 created it (btw, it's now on the marketplace, here), but this one is also very much welcome, as it is less featured but also very small and nice. I expect I will definitely use this shader in addition to the one I got from fel666. I bet I can learn from this as well. Seriously, a great gift!

Last edited:

RujiK

HeyManMarc you got five gifts?? You can't hog all the gifts just cuz you organized this!! :p Also whoever made "The Kraken Befriends a Unicorn" for heymanMarc has some sweet tunes.

I got a weird tamagatchi like game! Unfortunately it looks like you can't kill it. Frog is cute though.

Post your gifts people!

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Wait, I did get a gift?
That's amazing. And the new avatar looks amazing too. I like it. I will change it after Christmas is over.
I almost feel bad for not having to make a gift for anyone. But seeing that you @HayManMarc, did receive some gifts from other people makes it alright I guess....
I could patch you up with this ui asset I'm working on will be finished in a few days if you want?

A

Aura

A list of songs, huh? Dunno what I'll do with that, but thanks anyway. It would be difficult for me to guess who my Secret Santa was this time, though. Merry Christmas and let the guessing begin! ^^'

A hint for my pal: You have not posted on this page of the topic.

Cpaz

Huh. I have no idea who was responsible for this.

I like the half/half idea. But I couldn't tell you who made it.

Random side note, I'd like to think I did a decent job on my gift. It was fun to put together!
Happy holidays everyone!!!

trg601

Loved my gift! It was so cute! Though I did have some trouble getting through it, I'm not very good at parkour XD

And I will get started on those hints you gave me :)
Edit: Guessing might not be that hard this year, I already narrowed it down to seven people :D

Last edited:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I love my present. It's a casual game where you collect presents to build a tree, while dodging or pushing back on an evil cog. It's really quite well made. And the custom graphics give it a very personal touch. Like it was made just for me. ;) Thank you.

No idea who my secret Santa is... As far as I'm concerned, it could be some Oz character.

D

Deleted member 467

:O I got a sick beat fam!

Has a hint of electronic, hip-hop, and middle eastern sounds in there. Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster that was amazing.

Cat

Wow! I got a really nice looking side-scrolling shooter with lots of enemies, EXPLOSIONS, animations, scoring, and just... wow! Thank you so much to my Santa! As for guesses, well...

Alice
No text, no puzzles... I'm gonna guess no.

Cat
Seems likely

chance
Couldn't be, there's no Box2D. :p

Detective Pixel
I don't think so, the pixels weren't scaled up enough.

Misu
My life has remained largely the same (although much happier :D) after receiving the gift, so...

Ninety
Doesn't seem all that likely, it being made in GMS and all.

Aura
Barvix
Cpaz
HayManMarc
JDSTIGER
Jobo
K-BitCRUSH
KingdomOfGamez
Llama_Code
Lukan
rui.rosario
RujiK
sylvain_l
SyntheticStorm9
TheUltimate
trg601
Xor

A Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays) to you as well Santa! Thanks again!

Micah_DS

I'll give a hint which shouldn't give myself away but it'll narrow things down: I was a secret santa for one of the people who already mentioned their gift.

@Cat you can take me off the "suspects at large" list. I wasn't your secret santa, even though I do love me some "EXPLOSIONS". :D

M

Misu

Yay! I did not get an avatar! Woooo! And I also got myself my original avatar as well. Thank you Secret Santa!

Gee, I wonder who was my secret santa... hmmmmmmm... This is so hard to guess...

Ninety

I finally got to open my gift, since I've been away for the last few days and my phone doesn't open ZIPs... And it was a GMZ! I'm sorry Secret Santa, that's the one thing I can't open (since I don't have Windows or GMS at the moment)... I should have specified, but it didn't even cross my mind that someone would gift me a source...

If it's something custom that's meant to be played, would you be willing to send an EXE (which I can use via Wine), perhaps via HayMan or someone (with their permission of course) if you wanted to stay anonymous? Otherwise, I'm sorry but I won't be able to look at it for the foreseeable future... I'd hate to think your hard work had gone to waste...

As for my giftee, they haven't posted in this thread yet, but I do hope they enjoy their gift... It should be pretty obvious to anyone familiar with my, er, "style" whose I made.

T

TheUltimate

Thanks for the gift! I got a Christmas-themed game where I had to collect ornaments for my tree. I like platformers so this was perfect. The graphics and animations were nice. The player guy wasn't supposed to be me, was he? Cause I'm a woman. :)

I really have no good guesses who made my gift. I've ruled out the people I know for one reason or another, but that still leaves half the list. All I know is it's somebody who makes platformers, knows vector art, and knows skeletal animation. My giftee and I wouldn't have gotten each other... would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.