GMC Jam Voting GMC Jam 40 - Voting Topic - Closes March 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen

Reviews

Top 3:

Hero Horde by PinesOfChaos
Interesting concept with the money thing. I didn't beat it the first time because I ran out of money while fighting the boss. You actually have to pay attention to what kind of group you're creating. The second time I only hired warriors and rangers and a few rogues to keep the money up, and it was smooth sailing to victory.

It was a fun game. I liked the various monsters. Overall a well-made short adventure.

Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
That custom title screen is NEAT. And I love the Mega Man X vibe the game is going for. The polish is incredible as always.

Snake Dance by Greenblizzard
It's simple and addictive. It's got a little learning curve and it provides a good challenge. Cool original concept.

Full ranking:

1. Hero Horde by PinesOfChaos
  2. Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
  3. Snake Dance by Greenblizzard
  4. HealthBar by Fanatrick
  5. 3 Mice In A Trenchcoat by Bart, TheSnidr, Xor, Naterboy
  6. Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James
  7. One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
  8. Jam Defenders by Kepons
  9. Plague Rats by Nocturne
  10. happy birthday by Yal
  11. Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39
  12. Hero Huddle by ThinGinger
  13. get to the party by Wabb, sequential
  14. The Scattered Army by Sirham
  15. Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
  16. Roborazzi by Kultisti, Sulo
  17. Emmy And Sal by Mercerenies
  18. Party Mountain by AJTheApple
  19. Party Animal by TehPilot, TheFugue
  20. Final Battle by Kahrabaa
  21. Castle Meta by The M
  22. Jenka Dungeon by dosto, Reaktori, Riuku
  23. Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box
  24. Crimson Guild's Glamorous Guest List by Mr Magnus
  25. Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto
  26. Fiesta Down by VinylFly
  27. Florida Man by BreakfastBoy
  28. GreymoorHall by Ninety
  29. Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
  30. The Annual GMC Party by O_stogden
  31. Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal
  32. Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat
  33. Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
  34. Dr Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal
  35. Need For Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames
  36. Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan
  37. Robot Surprise Party by samspade
  38. Candles Have Feelings by JordanOttesen
  39. GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
  40. Survival Party by HayManMarc
  41. Survive the Party by Nejc Podlipnik
  42. Me pARRty by ghandpivot
  43. The Party Must Go On by GVmG
  44. Escape of the Clowns by kburkhart84
  45. The Golden Balloon by Little Penguin Studios
  46. Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel
  47. Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit
  48. Candle Wars by Yozoraki
  49. R-pg-ING by Micah_DS
  50. Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik
  51. Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker
  52. City Scuttler by Bearman_18
  53. Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro
  54. Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme
  55. Party Detective by Mercyssh
  56. Your Brain On Party by thijsmie
  57. Queen by Toque
  58. GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy
  59. The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead
  60. Party Parade by Tristan
  61. The Matchmaker (HTML5 ONLY, OPEN FOLDER) by eimie
  62. Candle by Steelegms2
  63. Party Paddles by Fusai
  64. One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony
  65. dawg the party animal by NivesStudio
  66. Barry Bear's Birthday by Richerama
  67. Party Guardians by StarDreamIX
  68. Party Pooper by Lukan
  69. dumburk 9000 by Bret Hudson, Allen Webster, Jared Cohen
  70. Behemoth by sp202
  71. The Retrieval by Dr Wolf
  72. Party Puker by Ben Stitt
  73. Color Splash by EvanSki
  74. Goin' All Nite by Dadio

Comments:

3 Mice In A Trenchcoat by Bart, TheSnidr, Xor, Naterboy

Looks neat! I wish the controls were mentioned in the game or in a readme. I played for a good while and then started wondering if there was a button to use the threnchcoat. So I alt-tabbed out to check the forum post - and then the game crashed. Getting caught in a trap or by a dog is also so punishing.

That custom title screen is NEAT. And I love the Mega Man X vibe the game is going for. The polish is incredible as always.

Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker

That was a nice simple game. And the backstory was funny.

Barry Bear's Birthday by Richerama

Sucks that one mistake restarts the whole game. I wanted to try all the minigames but I only got to the third one.

Behemoth by sp202

It looks cool, but I don't get it.

Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal

I can't tell if the game is kinda unfinished or if it's messing with me. I mean it feels like it's setting up for more stuff to happen. "I need to retrace my steps" and "I might need this party hat later" and then you just do one thing and that's it. It just surprised me, is all.

Candle by Steelegms2

So the goal is to light all the candles? But nothing happens when you do that?

Candle Wars by Yozoraki

Pretty cute. I couldn't figure out how to attack the cake though.

Candles Have Feelings by JordanOttesen

The wall jump caused me a lot of grief. I don't know if it's a little counterintuitive or if I just suck at it. I died so many times that I wished the death animation didn't last so long.

Castle Meta by The M

It's like a mix between a metroidvania and a platformer. Fun concepts. I like it. The end boss could have been harder.

Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro

Just a li'l Christmas story in March. Cute stuff.

City Scuttler by Bearman_18

I died so many times. Seems like it would take so much grinding to beat the whole game. Neat concept though.

Color Splash by EvanSki

So there is no game

Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik

Looks and sounds very polished. The movement is difficult and kinda annoying though, like the waiter is practicing roller skating on the job. I'm sure it's like that on purpose for the challenge and gimmick, but I feel like the game could have worked without it. It's just so unsatisfactory to bump into everything.

Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop

I kept putting this game off because it says you have to play 9 other games first, which sounds interesting and unique. I thought maybe this was going to be a whole thing where the way you played the other games affects the gameplay in this one. But ok, it's just a collection of general references to the other games. Which is cool and all. It was cute.

Crimson Guild's Glamorous Guest List by Mr Magnus

The moment there's a combination of two things like "green hair, blue tophat" I just choke. Good presentation and all that. Props for a neat global leaderboard.

dawg the party animal by NivesStudio

The music is pretty jarring. The minigames were a bit janky but conceptually not half-bad.

Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit

I'm bad at these games. Couldn't make it to the top 10. The music is good though.

Dr Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal

Oh, it's supposed to be kinda obtuse and chaotic. I played for a while and wondered what I was doing wrong. Oh, there are a lot of rules and it's hard to remember them. Most of the time I don't even know why things are exploding.

dumburk 9000 by Bret Hudson, Allen Webster, Jared Cohen

So you only press space. And you basically have no choices, because only one upgrade seems to available at a time. And so there's not much to get invested in. Some graphics would go a long way to sell the narrative, though I realize it's going for that text game aesthetic.

Emmy And Sal by Mercerenies

Cool idea for a puzzle game. It was very easy at first, but then the last level took me several minutes. (And I had items left over so I guess I didn't find the official solution).

Escape of the Clowns by kburkhart84

That clown is too creepy for comfort. But I dig the little pre-rendered sprite. The main game mechanic is not bad, but there's way too much waiting in many of the levels.

Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat

Very tricky and chaotic. I got to 70.58 and then a random cake ran me over.

Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto

I can't keep track of all the things that are being produced and spent, but it's fun to click things and see the numbers go up. The threats ramp up pretty quick. When the enemy had 2500 conscripts I was like alright that's enough.

Nice pleasant UI, satisfying clicking sounds. Kept my attention for a good bit.

Fiesta Down by VinylFly

Fun short game. Concept is pretty original. Little challenge though.

Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel

It's so difficult.

Final Battle by Kahrabaa

That was really fun. Even after the point where you realize it's not going anywhere it's satisfying to keep marching your small army and beat people up. If only the game would get more difficult, because tltimately the army is self-sustaining and you don't have to do much.

Florida Man by BreakfastBoy

A cool little game. The alligator throw is a fun unique mechanic.

Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39

What a goddamn rollercoaster. I had no idea where it was going. It started slow but went to places.

Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box

The first time I played the spaceship game bugged out and just kept going after everyone was dead. So I had to replay everything. The minigames are mostly fun, though the Undertale snail game is pretty tedious. And it was kind of a bummer the last three are just repeats of the first three games. Aaand the spaceship game bugged out. Hopefully there wasn't some secret minigame after that.

I love the GBA aesthetic. Could maybe use some sound effects. Very polished look otherwise.

get to the party by Wabb, sequential

It's like Lemmings but very forgiving. It's good that you can skip to the next level, because sometimes the game crashes to an error. I actually wish there were more levels because I was having fun.

GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal

Oof, a little hard on the eyes. Similar vfx, sound effects, music and vibe as that shark game from a couple of jams back.

GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy

A basic platformer. The ending was pretty cute.

Goin' All Nite by Dadio

Well the song's not bad.

GreymoorHall by Ninety

Very polished looking. Took me multiple tries to win. I didn't realize it's so formulaic. You just pick someone who matches two details and then find the treasure. It takes a while to go through every bookcase btw, and you might have to wait a while for the host to be alone. I didn't mind the slowness though since it's the gamei s pretty short.

happy birthday by Yal

It's neat to see a 3D platformer but it controls s a little clumsy. (The camera could at least automatically turn to face the direction you're going.) I liked that there were more balloons than you needed so you didn't have to scour the entire world for them.

This feels very Omori-inspired. And like this could be a slice of a bigger game.

HealthBar by Fanatrick

Oh man, this would be a great game even without the time limit. It takes a while to get to the more interesting drinks, and then it takes a while to get the colors right, and then the game ends when you're not quick enough. But yeah, I love this concept.

Interesting concept with the money thing. I didn't beat it the first time because I ran out of money while fighting the boss. You actually have to pay attention to what kind of group you're creating. The second time I only hired warriors and rangers and a few rogues to keep the money up, and it was smooth sailing to victory.

It was a fun game. I liked the various monsters. Overall a well-made short adventure.

Hero Huddle by ThinGinger

A nice little adventure game with a beginning, middle and an end. Fun and not too hard.

Several games have gone with this interpretation of the theme and it's my favorite.

Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez

Fun concept. Except dying to spikes got annoying. But I beat the game. Or at least I got all the presents and then nothing happened.

Jam Defenders by Kepons

That was cool. Good amount of challenge too.

Jenka Dungeon by dosto, Reaktori, Riuku

I thought it was going for a Crypt of Necrodancer rhythm game thing, but it appears moving on beat doesn't do anything special. Very chaotic overall. I couldn't get the hang of the right strat. I got myself killed so many times. Nice pixel art though.

Keyboard Hero by tadashibashi

The executable doesn't do anything

Life Party by Cat

Windows Defender didn't let me play this one

Me pARRty by ghandpivot

Well that was a cheerful pirate adventure. I think my favorite part was the statue.

Need For Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames

This is hard. I don't know if I just suck at these kind of games or if the controls are a bit unoptimal. It's just a nice vibe though and good music.

One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread

Great presentation. And a 3D game is always impressive and stands out. It's a neat Mario Party game. I beat the computer in almost all the games. The pool one is probably the most fun concept.

One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony

In the end I'm not really sure what gives results. Sometimes they believe you, sometimes they don't, even if you use the same settings. It's probably not random, just complicated.
I had no patience to carefully adjust the things for every speech which is why I lost the election, I suppose.

Party Animal by TehPilot, TheFugue

For some reason it took me a reaaally long time to get the basic idea and beat the first level. The possession mechanic was cool. I wish the game did more with it. But the game's very short.

Visually it's top notch though.

Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme

The minigames are a little too simple to hold my interest. There's only so much you can do with one button. Also, this could use a computer player for when you don't have a buddy available.

Party Detective by Mercyssh

I was very confused the first few times I played. The conversations didn't seem helpful at all. Then in my final run I get "Wilson wants to take revenge", "Wilson wears blue" and it was super easy. I don't know if the game threw me a bone or if it's just very random.

Party Guardians by StarDreamIX

Pretty basic tower defence. The graphics were very mismatched.

Party Mountain by AJTheApple

Very nice pixelart. A solid platformer. Seems like an homage to Celeste.

Party Paddles by Fusai

Very chaotic. Is there actually a way to win, besides by chance?

Party Parade by Tristan

Now here's a rhythm game for me: Only two buttons and the things move at a slow enough pace. Although it doesn't seem like the things are synced to the music at all, hah. Also it doesn't recognize pressing the button too early as a mistake, so you can get endless combos by mashing the buttons.

Party Pooper by Lukan

It's easy to find the target every time, so there's little challenge. And it's easy because the target is always the darkest color. It would be more interesting if it switched it up a little throughout the game.

There's also the problem that an innocent can be behind the target and you lose when you technically click both.

Party Puker by Ben Stitt

Now this is a simplistic art style.

Plague Rats by Nocturne

The graphics look amazing. Makes sense that they weren't made during the jam. The buttons could look more like buttons though. Took me a moment to realize they're not just floor tiles. But overall the game feels very polished. It did crash both times I played it but I got to play a good amount.

Queen by Toque

The dialogue is amusing. Certainly a unique setting for a game.

Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James

I like the menu that transitions into the game, very original.

I didn't notice at first that you can change directions. Woof, that requires so much coordination.

Roborazzi by Kultisti, Sulo

A strange game. In a good way I guess. Took me a good while to get the hang of what the heck I was doing.

Robot Surprise Party by samspade

Fun game, fun atmosphere. Though it felt like the difficulty ramps up pretty quick when you immediately have to 6 robots into hiding.

R-pg-ING by Micah_DS

It's an interesting base concept at least. Kinda like Pikmin. Just needs more stuff.

It's simple and addictive. It's got a little learning curve and it provides a good challenge. Cool original concept.

Survival Party by HayManMarc

At first I thought you had to collect the specific things people were mentioning but it's actually simpler than that.

Survive the Party by Nejc Podlipnik

Oh, that was a really short game. I wanted more waves of enemies!

The Annual GMC Party by O_stogden

I don't know the references but the dialogue is still funny.

The Golden Balloon by Little Penguin Studios

Nice presentation and atmosphere. I kept hoping new interesting mechanics would be introduced. It seemed like one of those kind of games.

The Matchmaker (HTML5 ONLY, OPEN FOLDER) by eimie

I think it could use some kind of an indicator for the beat.

The Party Must Go On by GVmG

Funny concept. Just ramming into store shelves. It had some unnecessary waiting though.

The Retrieval by Dr Wolf

Well I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out how you play this and I gave up. I had hard time trying to get usable information out of the readme even though it's so many pages long. Maybe I'm just impatient, sorry. This could seriously use an in-game tutorial that tells you which buttons to press to make the things happen.

I like the 80s computer style graphics.

The Scattered Army by Sirham

The movement is slow. It seems like you're supposed to grind the mines to get better gear, but that would take forever. Even on easy mode the enemies are really difficult and I assume you need to get X amount of stuff from the smith to get your stats high enough. What is X though? And there's no way to heal? If you're not strong enough and go risk a fight, it's basically game over. The game is not quick enough or short enough to just trial-and-error all that.

I like the concept though and the designs. The world map is cool. Kinda like Zelda 2. I wonder if the game is also deliberately going for that old Nintendo game obtuseness where you don't get any descriptions for the items you pick up.

The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead

I get lost so much because a lot of the screens use the same graphic.

Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth

Ah, it's kinda easy to die to all the bullets, isn't it? And then you have to redo the whole level. I couldn't beat the second level after multiple tries. It was a little too overwhelming.

Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan

I like the old jam characters making an appearance. It's cute.

I found the best strat is to mash both attack buttons. Oof, my fingers are sore.

Your Brain On Party by thijsmie

What a scary existence. To literally die if you don't get your fix of EDM.

eimie

Wow, this has been a lot of games. First things first: I found it very difficult to bring 76 games in a legit order. This list was made over several days and it changes everytime I look at it. So consider this to be more a snapshot than a definitive list. All games have their own strengths.

Oh, and sorry for potential typos in the game titles or dev names :)

By the way: this reviews score for Team Yellow!

TOP 3:

1. GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
This is my favorite. A great endless runner with a wonderful look and feel. The presentation is nearly perfect:
I love the CRT style, the water and the interactive sound. Just great!

2. Plague Rats by Nocturne
Brilliant pixel art, great athmosphere and the really cool movement of the rat swarm make this my place number two. One of the titles that interpreted the theme in another way than I did.

3. Jam Defenders by Kepons
Tower defense with dynamic formations. I was a little bit surprised to find this at place three of my list at the end. But it deserves it.
I would love to see this expanded to a more complex and extensive game.
-----

Best Ofs:

Best use of theme: Crimson Festival by Alice, Funky Poop
Best concept: GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
Best presentation: One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
Best story: Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39

The TOP 20 with short reviews:

4 . SnakeDance by Greenblizzard
Place 4 goes to this game for it's brilliant artstyle and it's minimalistic but addictive gameplay.

5. Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat
Really cool bullet hell shooter with a lot of different elements. The lasers are awesome!

6. Robot Surprise Party by samspade
I like robots and I like sneaking. This game has both of it... and it's just cute with a neat pixel art.

7. One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
Ok, this is one looks brilliant. This very professional look is simply awesome.

8. Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan
Tons of characters and tons of fun. It's hard to believe that this game was made by one person in this short time. I have to train my dev skills!

9. Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
Another bullet hell shooter. This one has a maze with tiny adventure elements. Great!

10. Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39
Really love the vibe of this game. And this out-of-the-box mechanic (don't want to spoil) is awesome.

11. Party Animal by TehPilot, The Fugue
A puzzle game that does not feel like a puzzle game. And a lot of charme. Great!

12. Greymoor Hall by Ninety
Among Us for singleplayer and with much more style.

13. Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box
Solid minigames and a neat CRT style. Like it!

14. Behemoth by sp202
This just blew me away. Pretty short and easy to solve, but nonetheless impressive.

15. 3 Mice In A Threnchcoat by Bart, TheSnidr, Xor, Naterboy
Neat 3d graphics and a scary and surreal atmosphere. Really cool.

16. Candles have Feelings by JordanOttesen
Solid platformer. I like the humour. This has to be enough for place 16.

17. Need for Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames
I liked the gameplay mechanics that are slightly more complex and entertaining than in the most rythm games.

18. Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
What a titlescreen! I also liked the name gag. The game itself is not Megaman X but very solid.

19. Candle Wars by Yozoraki
This. Is. Cute. In every single aspect.

20. Hero Huddle by ThinGinger
Kind of a dualstick shooter with a motivating upgrade system and a cool artstyle.

The rest of the bunch:

21. Jenka Dungeon by dosto, Reaktori, Riuku
22. Final Battle by Kahrabaa
23. Keyboard Hero by tadashibashi
24. HealthBar by Fanatrick
25. Queen by Togue
26. Florida Man by BreakfastBoy
27. Castle Meta by The M
28. Party Mountain by AJTheApple
29. FiestaDown by VinylFly
30. The Golden Ballon by Little Penguin Studios
31. Roborassi by Kultisti, Sulo
32. Happy Birthday by Yal
33. The Retrieval by Dr. Wolf
34. Hero Horde by PinesOfChaos
35. Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal
36. Dr. Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal
37. Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James
38. Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto
39. Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit
40. Emmy and Sal by Mercerenies
41. Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
42. Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme
43. Survival Party by HayManMarc
44. Crimson Guild's Glamourus Guest List by Mr Magnus
45. Survive the Party by Nejk Podlipnik
46. The Annual GMC Party by O_stogden
47. Escape of the Clowns by kburkhart84
48. Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel
49. Party Paddles by Fusai
50. R-pg-ING by Micah_DS
51. Candle by Steelegms2
52. Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik
53. City Scuttler by Bearman_18
54. Party Detective by Mercyssh
55. Crimson Festival by Alice, Funky Poop
56. Barry Bear's Birthday by Richerama
57. GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy
58. Party Guardians by StarDreamIX
59. Your Brain On Party by thijsmi
60. The Scattered Army by Sirham
61. Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro
62. One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony
63. The Party Must Go On by GVmG
64. get to the party by Wabb, sequential
65. Party Parade by Tristan
66. Goin' All Nite by Dadio
67. Me pARRty by ghandpivot
68. dumburk by Bret Hudson, Allen Webster, Jared Cohen
69. Color Splash by EvanSki
70. dawg the party animal by NivesStudio
71. Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker
72. The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead
73. Party Pooper by Lukan
74. Life Party by Cat
75. Party Puker by Ben Stitt
76. Matoset by Poizen (didn't start)

Micah_DS

🍋 ~ Micah's Reviews ~ 🍋

Top 3:

Candle Wars by @Yozoraki
I didn't understand how to approach and attack the cake on my first playthrough, not realizing I could give control of my party to another character, so I just clicked like mad when at my wits end, which got me this error:
of Step Event0
for object obj_mouse:

Unable to find instance for object index -4
at gml_Object_obj_mouse_Step_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_mouse_Step_0 (line -1)

On my second play, I ended up doing it correctly, amassing a large and deliciously edible army, taking down the boss to get the win screen.
The gameplay is fantastic, but my favorite part might actually be the graphics, WOW! Clean and polished toon look, very nice colors and cheery vibe, and the animation is surprisingly good as well!
Plague Rats by @Nocturne
Won with 24 rats. The only real issues I had were that my rats once went straight through a door that was still closed, and the exit wasn't very apparent at times, since everything is kinda dilapidated, so holes in walls blended in with the visuals. I also would've preferred you press "1" and "2" number keys to switch between units instead of clicking those small boxes. I say this because I missed the boxes a couple times which sent my rat army away to an undesired location. Aside from those things, it played quite nicely and has great polish. It's a good use of the theme as well. Very enjoyable. Bravo.
Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by @GameDevDan
Great fun! I have no idea how the balancing is for all players since I only played as Toast King and Agent, but it seemed to be just challenging enough to not be frustrating when playing those characters. I never fell off but I came close a couple of times. I played one short round and one long round. I wouldn't say it's a great use of the theme, but it's not bad either. Unfortunately, the game lacks any kind of goals, such as unlockable things, so it's a tad unsatisfactory in that regard. The presentation and level of polish is fantastic, of course. Neat idea to bring back all your characters too. All in all, very enjoyable.

Best ofs:

Best use of Theme "One Big Party" : Plague Rats by @Nocturne
Best Concept : The Party Must Go On by @GVmG
Best Presentation : Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by @GameDevDan
Best Story : The Annual GMC Party by @O.Stogden
Best Devlog : Castle Meta by @The M

Full ranking:
  1. Candle Wars by Yozoraki
  2. Plague Rats by Nocturne
  3. Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan
  4. Emmy And Sal by Mercerenies
  5. 3 Mice In A Trenchcoat by Bart, TheSnidr, Xor, Naterboy
  6. One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
  7. The Party Must Go On by GVmG
  8. Roborazzi by Kultisti, Sulo
  9. Castle Meta by The M
  10. GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
  11. Hero Huddle by ThinGinger
  12. Final Battle by Kahrabaa
  13. Jam Defenders by Kepons
  14. Snake Dance by Greenblizzard
  15. The Annual GMC Party by O_stogden
  16. Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
  17. Your Brain On Party by thijsmie
  18. Jenka Dungeon by dosto, Reaktori, Riuku
  19. Fiesta Down by VinylFly
  20. Escape of the Clowns by kburkhart84
  21. Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box
  22. The Scattered Army by Sirham
  23. GreymoorHall by Ninety
  24. Party Mountain by AJTheApple
  25. Survival Party by HayManMarc
  26. Robot Surprise Party by samspade
  27. Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
  28. Party Animal by TehPilot, TheFugue
  29. Survive the Party by Nejc Podlipnik
  30. Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat
  31. Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39
  32. Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
  33. The Golden Balloon by Little Penguin Studios
  34. Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto
  35. Need For Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames
  36. Candles Have Feelings by JordanOttesen
  37. Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal
  38. Dr Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal
  39. happy birthday by Yal
  40. The Matchmaker (HTML5 ONLY, OPEN FOLDER) by eimie
  41. Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
  42. Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit
  43. Hero Horde by PinesOfChaos
  44. Crimson Guild's Glamorous Guest List by Mr Magnus
  45. Candle by Steelegms2
  46. Behemoth by sp202
  47. Florida Man by BreakfastBoy
  48. Queen by Toque
  49. City Scuttler by Bearman_18
  50. Barry Bear's Birthday by Richerama
  51. Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker
  52. The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead
  53. Me pARRty by ghandpivot
  54. One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony
  55. get to the party by Wabb, sequential
  56. Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro
  57. HealthBar by Fanatrick
  58. Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James
  59. The Retrieval by Dr Wolf
  60. Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik
  61. Party Detective by Mercyssh
  62. Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme
  63. Keyboard Hero by tadashibashi
  64. dawg the party animal by NivesStudio
  65. Party Guardians by StarDreamIX
  66. Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel
  67. GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy
  68. Life Party by Cat
  69. Party Parade by Tristan
  70. Party Puker by Ben Stitt
  71. Color Splash by EvanSki
  72. Party Pooper by Lukan
  73. Goin' All Nite by Dadio
  74. Party Paddles by Fusai
  75. dumburk 9000 by Bret Hudson, Allen Webster, Jared Cohen
  76. matoset by Poizen

Comments:
Clearly the winner as far as technical 3D stuff goes, but the theme use doesn't seem that great since you don't really need to free other mice to win, I don't think? The other mice don't appear to do anything either. The gameplay was enjoyable enough though
I was stuck in the first area for a long time, because I didn't notice the ladder or realize climbing would be an ability in the first place. I almost quit the game at that point, thinking that was all there was. Thankfully I noticed the ladder right before calling it quits.
Another issue is that I was able to jump on top of barrels to scale walls, which appears unintended. I think I skipped a lot of the game from doing that. Also, when you die, do you start alllll over? It seemed to be the case, but I didn't want to test it out once I got far enough. Because of this, I was reallllllly careful around that king dude, but I managed to beat him without dying.

Overlooking the weaker theme use and the minor things, it's a good little game. I'm definitely going to check out that post-jam version.

BTW, the game ran like a dream on my 2014 PC build. In case it's useful, here are my specs:
Win 8.1
i7-4930k
GTX 1080
16 GB RAM

Feels kinda like Mega Man. I like the graphical style, and the curved slopes give the game some unique character (not that it hasn't been done before, but platformers don't do curved slopes often, especially in game jams). I didn't like that CTRL was the right one and not the left, since it spread the controls too much. But that's really my only complaint. Nice job, guys.

Not a great use of the theme, imo, but it was entertaining and well-balanced, though I admittedly didn't try hard mode. Not bad. Fun enough for one play.

Instead of starting the game allllllll over again when you mess up, it would've helped greatly in fun factor to just start over the segment that the player lost on. After a quite a few tries, I got to blowing out the candles then lost all motivation to continue trying since it was still starting the game all over. Are there no checkpoints of any kind? It was fun at first, but starting all over put such a huge damper on it that I sadly ended up not enjoying it at all.

Behemoth by sp202
Not much of a game, but still a fun and clever use of the theme. Unfortunately, I came in late, so I missed all the fun... you know, the dying.

"I hope you didn't kill Party Rat"... uhh... nope, Party Rat just got 'stoned'... happens a lot at parties. ;P
Okay, so I played again once I realized ROCK hard drugs weren't the only way to deal with the little guy. Pretty cool how you made the branching story and all. Unfortunately, I didn't find this kind of gameplay nearly as satisfactory as most of your previous games. Love the art though, as usual, especially Party Rat, the art and animation was really nice, and the musician's hair is glorious. Of course, the music rocks as well. Maybe not my favorite music from you, but still good.

Uh, it might not matter, but I found an error by doing something strange. Here's how to reproduce it:
B-line for the trash can to get the party hat, go talk one time to the guy who wants the rat gone, give the rat the party hat, get the rat 'stoned' before leaving the basement (or he'll disappear, ofc), then talk once again to the guy who wanted the rat gone. You should get the following error:
of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object obj_barman:

ds_list_size argument 1 incorrect type (array) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Object_obj_barman_Other_10
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_barman_Other_10 (line -1)
called from - gml_Object_obj_player_Step_0 (line -1) - <unknown source line>

Also, if you try to throw the rock when the rat is gone, it'll spin endlessly mid-air. That's not a bad thing though because it looks dope. Dude should totally use that trick on stage, with his guitar or something.

Candle by Steelegms2
Incomplete? It's lacking a bit in content and apparently goes on forever. That's unfortunate. You've got a really nice foundation here for a solid game. It plays well and the graphics are very good and charming, it's just lacking too much and having no meaningful goal makes it uninteresting quite fast. Could've easily been solved and made into a great game with just a little more time.

Not so much one big party as it is one big cake, so I'd say it's just an okay use of the theme. The game plays pretty well, however, the wall jump sadly does not feel good, since you must be pressing into the wall then jump. Modern wall jumping will use a buffer of sorts that allows you to still wall jump even if you press the opposing direction a little too soon. So, unfortunately, the wall jumping style combined with too few checkpoints made the game too frustrating, and I quit on the second area and many, many failures. The graphics are good though, and the idea of trying to avoid getting the flame blown out is neat.

Castle Meta by The M
Really cool. I did run into an issue with a boss(?) not appearing in the upper-left area. I just kept hearing some noise rapidly repeating and overlapping itself (it was LOUD), the doors locked down, and nothing would happen, aside from the noise constantly repeating, blasting out my eardrums, so I had to kill myself via the spike pits. The theme use is cool in a way, but still I'd only rate it as an okay use of the theme. I'm impressed you were able to do Metroidvania-like gameplay in this short of time, and I love this kind of game too. It was fun!

Note: My anti-virus wanted to delete your game so badly that it wouldn't let me near it unless I turned my AV off. Not sure if it's just Studio 1 games or the online functionality as well.

Not so much a game as it is a slightly interactive story, but it's very quaint and the character designs kind of remind me of characters from Cave Story (the original graphics), which is a plus in my book. I rated it kinda low because I like to have more gameplay.

Note: My anti-virus software deleted the game, lol. I had to turn off my AV and get the game again. My AV had issues with a few other Studio 1 games as well.

The error seems unavoidable. I'm talking about the one you said you fixed in your post-jam version.
I played three times and it always came up and that really killed the game for me. That's a shame. Maybe I'll play the post-jam version later. I like the concept and the genre. The controls are certainly outdated, but I found it charming, because I'm old enough for that, I guess, haha.

Color Splash by EvanSki
When you said "failed", I thought, "hey, don't be so hard on your game", but I see you meant you failed to make the actual gameplay... OH... but hey, the exploding fruits in the background are spectacular. That counts for something.

Frustrating controls are never how you want to create difficulty, assuming that's why the controls are the way they are? In any case, unfortunately, the game gets totally destroyed by the movement mechanics. It would've been much better to use the mouse to turn and WASD to move relative to the faced direction ("W" moves forward, "A" and "D" move to the sides, and "S" moves backward). On top of that, I kept getting stuck on walls instead of sliding along them. Hit boxes were too large and/or there were just too many people without enough space to avoid them. If these things were resolved, it'd be pretty fun, and I do really like the graphics and the atmosphere though. It's got a really great vibe.

I love the idea of doing crossover stuff via save data from multiple games. I didn't expect the crossovers to be so important though. I thought they would always be bonus cameos, but they are basically the game itself. On that note, I'm glad you allowed cycling game completion so that people can experience the whole thing, even when they don't complete all the games. I wasn't able to beat the boss in Hero Huddle, and Mr. Magnus's game had bugs which prevented me from completing it as well.

I am a little sad that it was just a story, not really something to 'play'. In other words, there is no challenge or sense of accomplishment from progressing/winning, which makes it less fun for me. That said, it's a nice little story with good humor, and it has fun and interesting art, some of which is quite fantastical and moody, which I really like.

I had a lot of trouble on this one and it's also bugged. Many times the descriptions did not match, and one time I even ended up with zero matches and it was on the last person, making me waste a ton of time for nothing. Due to the bugs, and people in the back being too small for the details required (checkered and striped were near impossible to tell apart), I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy it.

EDIT: After the fact, it's come to my attention that there is a magnifying glass. Sorry I missed that. Though this makes the game more fair mechanically, I played the game some more, and it doesn't really make it much more enjoyable for me, so I'm leaving my ranking unaltered.

Music loop was far too repetitive. When I touched walls in the outside area, the game slowed down a bit, which is concerning. What in the world are you doing with collisions there? I enjoyed the laser tag game a lot.

The timing isn't quite synced and the arrow hit boxes are too big, allowing you to hit two arrows at once if your timing is just a tad late. Since this is all the game is, I'm giving it quite a big deduction in the rankings, especially since more than any other aspect of a game, the mechanics need to work well and feel great. That said, the art is nice and the audio was really fun.

Unfortunately, not a great use of the theme in my view and not all that creative either. Nonetheless, a solid game.
Also, I believe I found a bug: Holding the down arrow key when laying blocks will sometimes prevent blocks from falling/settling. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Definitely seems like unwanted/unintended behavior.

All this was to me was confusion. I'm sure the post-jam version would make more sense.

Way too long, but fun. The game is quite easy, but that's good for a game jam. Sometimes levels allowed for multiple solutions and sometimes I didn't even use all of the objects. I'm not sure if that was intended or not. The dialog was humorous. I guess my only complaint is that it was too long, and the theme usage wasn't the strongest either. Overall, very well done.

The red text was often hard to read against the background and the crane itself needed a speed button, not just the boxes dropping, but aside from those things, I really enjoyed this.
I beat all 10 levels. I was a little sad to see there was no ending once all levels were completed, but no biggie. The mechanics were simple enough to grasp quickly and easily, while also giving enough depth to be interesting, making different weighted boxes and the ability to make the crane choose which pile it goes for. I'm thankful you allow the player to hold jump and it jumps when able (i.e. after you clear a solid above you) - otherwise some of those spike pits would've been a nightmare to deal with.

The hit box should be smaller for bullet hell, and the high score doesn't make much sense in this case with the randomness, because it kind of makes it more about getting good RNG (luck) than skill, at least to a big enough degree that it matters, imo. Still, the gameplay is fairly fun, I love the graphics, and the game feels quite smooth too.

It took a bit to figure out what buildings gave me what, since no info was given on those, unlike the units. Also, the third army seemed strangely buff?? I met it with overwhelming force in every regard, yet they still ended up having units left. Kinda sus. I was actually about to call it quits after that third battle as well, only to find that the game has an end?? A clicker with an ending???? WHAT?????? .... Nice. I like that.
Lastly, I'm glad I discovered pressing shift and ctrl did 10x and 100x per click, but it would've been good to say that officially some place.

Fiesta Down by VinylFly
Not a great use of the theme, but I really enjoyed the gameplay and found it to have enough depth and fun to make me want to play multiple times. It also stands out as unique from every other game (yes, all 76 other games), so that's pretty cool that you made something fun AND unique. I didn't try especially hard, but my high score is 10. Glad you allowed fullscreen switching because it was quite small at window size.

Not giving the controls was a pretty big oversight. I found a jump and attack button. Not sure if there are multiple attack buttons. I also found the instant win button. When I died and start at the very beginning, I quit, because too much time was lost. I'm not seeing the theme usage either?... still, a decent beat 'em up for a jam.

Final Battle by Kahrabaa
Got this error in the tutorial when attempting to grab the chest, but could not reproduce:
of Step Event2
for object objMain:

Unable to find any instance for object index '9' name 'objChest'
at gml_Object_objMain_Step_2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_objMain_Step_2 (line -1)

And another when I tried spreading my 100+ party out A LOT:
of Step Event0
for object objArrow:

Unable to find any instance for object index '103686' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Script_a_hurt
stack frame is
gml_Script_a_hurt (line -1)
gml_Object_objArrow_Step_0

Fatalities aside, my only other issue is that the score isn't saved, so the game feels a bit pointless since it continues on forever (I assume?). Still, it is quite fun to amass a huge army and fight with it. I played this for WAY too long because it was just that addictive.

Can't say it's a great use of the theme, and the controls are a bit rough, but it was still fairly fun and slapping people with a gator is always a good time. No worries about the non-existent boss. A lot of us didn't get to put everything we wanted in our games. That's how jams go sometimes.

Interesting. I didn't understand the password at first. I was expecting it to show up between the brackets. Maybe I was just tired. Anyway, figured out I needed to type it in. Not really a fan of purposefully causing games to crash (referring to the ending). The rewriting part was my favorite - very funny. Very nice art too.

A pretty solid party game for a jam. I'm a bit sad you can only choose to control red, but it didn't stop me from getting yellow to win by sabotaging green. ;) What DID stop me from winning was the ball bouncing game, because if everyone dies together, getting a draw, the game continues forever. and all you can do is exit the game at that point Sadly, this happened to me on the very last stage, so if there's an ending, I missed it, and I'm not wanting to play them all over again to see, even though I did enjoy the game.

Like a slightly unpolished and more forgiving Lemmings game. Nothing stands out as all too special, but it is fairly fun..

Psychefruitic. I'm guessing this is what it would've been like if I did hard drugs when I was 5 3/4 years old. Super fun for a game, but real life should never be like this. I love the effects. Maybe some things are a bit too blurry, but aside from that, it's really cool. The game plays really nicely as well - great game feel. I like this one a whole lot more than your other two entries (WTH Yal, why and HOW did you make so many entries???)

The sticky walls feels like an excuse for not being able to make better platforming mechanics. I'm pretty sure that's the case. The troll's base should've had the flag on the right, just like other levels, because the player will subconsciously expect a consistent formula. That's why Mario levels always went from left to right. The game was rough in pretty much every way, but at least it has a story with a beginning and ending, being 'finished'. Well done!

Goin' All Nite by Dadio
Dadi-YOOOOOOOOO!

GreymoorHall by Ninety
The randomness of NPC movement is a bit annoying. You seem to be able to manipulate NPCs a bit by searching to make them move toward you, but it's not enough. I finally won, but waiting for good RNG really dampens the fun. A nice idea though, and a good use of the theme. Nicely polished as well.

happy birthday by Yal
Why not make the camera controlled by the mouse? It was hard to get used to controlling the camera with the keyboard. Collisions were a bit wonky as well, clipping through walls and other times sticking on walls. Something about this actually made me feel sick too, so I had to quit playing after only finding one balloon. Perhaps my sickness came about due to the excessive blurry look with the fog style, or perhaps it was the curved world/lens; it was probably a combination of things. The platforming was difficult as well, since the camera wasn't easy to control and there was no shadow cast from the player.

Sorry to sound so negative. I'm all for playing in a dreamy world, and the 3D effects are pretty fancy, but it just didn't play right for me.

HealthBar by Fanatrick
I didn't find it very fun, but it sure looks pretty, and the dancing people are hilarious!

Not balanced well enough, or maybe it's just that the game design allows for too much loss. i.e. On one run, I played for 8 minutes and died, then I had to start all over - nothing I did mattered - I lost all progress. After four attempts, I gave up out of frustration. It is a really cool concept though. With a different progression mechanic- something that prevents losing all progress upon death, it would probably be super fun.

Not quite balanced well enough, imo. Even after gathering all the guys and fighting the boss as best I could, it was not enough to beat him. I gave it multiple tries. Also, the white mouse cursor blends in with the white enemies/shots/items. Aside from that, it was a lot of fun, the gameplay felt very smooth, and I like the concept a lot.

Pretty fun and forgiving enough with damage and deaths to avoid becoming frustrating with the spikes. I'm unsure why the mouse is used to changed faced position, but the game has a nice level of polish and charming graphics. Not ranking it very high though because the theme use isn't strong.

Jam Defenders by Kepons
Made it to wave 8. I assume there's an end, but it's just a tad too difficult for me to reach it. I really like the concept and the gameplay is fun. Aside from the text thrown out everywhere, the presentation is quite nice as well.

I played until I got stuck in a room - the doors didn't open after defeating all enemies. I looked to see if there was a switch or something but nope, pretty sure it was just a bug. Anyway, the game is great, but it does suffer from lack of readability, making it a bit too chaotic and hard to tell what's going on at times. And were you trying to do movement on the beat? I didn't like how movements could get eaten if you pressed in between times when you can move. This even got some of my units killed because I pressed a direction but didn't move. Issues aside, it's a really, really cool idea. If the issues were resolved, it'd be a great game.

WHAT? No no no no no. How in the world are you supposed to handle that many buttons? Love the music though.

Life Party by Cat
My anti-virus deleted your game. It seems to do this with all Studio 1 games, since I had issues with other Studio 1 games as well.
Anyway, after turning off my AV, I played it and I don't know what to say about it. I found it easier to thoughtlessly stack gifts and run around than to try to strategically pick gifts to match the partiers.

matoset by Poizen
I suspect you already know, but it's unplayable because this pops up as soon as it starts:
of Other Event: Room Start
for object obj_menu:

string_copy argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a String (YYGS)
at gml_Object_obj_menu_Other_4
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_menu_Other_4 (line -1)

Also, my anti-virus hated it, so I had to turn my AV off to play. Maybe it's afraid of your name "Poizen" LOL. Truthfully, my AV had problems with a few Studio 1 games, so it's not just your game.

Me pARRty by ghandpivot
The camera moves inverted, or at least, inverted to what I always choose in games, so it was difficult for me to manage it. Plus, not using a mouse for the camera made it even harder, and it moved very fast as well. Camera struggles aside, it was fairly interesting and the dialogue was good for a couple laughs.

Note: My anti-virus hated the game. Had to turn it off to prevent it from deleting it. My AV had issues with some other Studio 1 games as well. Yeah, I need a better AV.

Hmm, the timing is correct, but delayed, so it's off beat. People like me who naturally press on the actual audible beats will press too late. This really killed the game for me. Also, the double jump mechanic doesn't seem to work well with tapping to the beat either - you almost have to rapidly tap to ensure you get that second jump, and this goes against the whole idea of a beat-based game.
It's a solid enough concept, but it didn't seem to play properly. I do like the visuals though, and I guess the music is good? I'm not sure, as it kept cutting in and out, due to my excessive failure. I can tell you guys put effort into this, so I'm sorry I can't say I had a better time playing it.

All the party games were pretty fun, but the Feud Court one was a little too hard to tell where the food was falling. The shadows cast by the fruits needed to pop out a lot more.
So the theme use is 'party games' I guess? Not the best use, but not a bad use, imo. The graphics and animation are very nice. Good fun vibes all around. Nice casual difficulty. The only thing I really wanted and felt was lacking was an end goal - I never felt like I truly won - my efforts didn't make me feel rewarded. All in all, very well done.

Hold up... I had a hard time LOSING. Heck, I even flew around for 15 days, doing nothing else but polluting the air, and I STILL won... out of 4 plays, I only lost once, and it took a lot of effort. So the real game here is how to lose an election, not win it. Well anyway, it was entertaining, but definitely needed some more juice, like tweening and such.

Hmm, a nicely polished game, but I didn't find the mechanics to be all that fun, and the theme use was just okay. The idea is interesting though. I usually enjoy the games from you guys way more. Maybe this time the game just didn't match my personal preferences as much. It seems like a solid game.

I didn't have anyone to play with... multiplayer games are generally not good for jams. Playing by myself, it wasn't all that fun. I like the bright cheery graphics though.

HOW the heck am I supposed to figure out who to shoot?? It's a great concept that could be tons of fun, but there just isn't enough 'focus' for proper gameplay to occur. There's too much going on and not enough solid hints given to the player. I'm not sure if you already did this or not, but it'd be good to drop better hints as time goes by.

Hmm, on first play, I chose the long range character and the game froze upon clearing level 2. On second play, I chose the melee character and made it to a level where enemies attack from both sides and bruh, while it'd be doable with the long range archer, it's quite literally impossible to win with the melee character, so that's a big oversight. Nice graphics though.

Theme use is very weak, and a pretty unoriginal concept, but aside from that, the game has great presentation and feels great to play. Being original isn't everything - making a game feel good to play goes a long way, and you nailed that. Good game, but I'm ranking this pretty low, due to the weak theme usage.

Party Paddles by Fusai
Wait... are those Final Fantasy sprites? Hopefully not. In any case, the game doesn't give any player enough control to actually win - there's a ton of luck involved. That unfortunately ruins the game.

Party Parade by Tristan
Since missing has no consequences, there is zero challenge. It's more of a visual/audio thing than a gameplay thing. When treating it as such, it's kinda funny and entertaining. Nice humor in there. I won't be ranking all that high just because the gameplay is lacking.

Party Pooper by Lukan
Really needed a timer or something to give an actual challenge. The game is super bare bones. I'm assuming you didn't have much time.

Party Puker by Ben Stitt
Congrats on completing your game, even though it was your first game jam! Few can make such a claim (I know I can't). Very basic in all ways, but the theme use is good, and it's challenging enough to be somewhat fun.

Queen by Toque
Very unique game. My biggest issue with it is that movements could be cancelled. i.e. I'd sometimes throw a pea and immediately press a direction to get away from the bird poop falling, but I did it too fast and the queen stopped moving, even though I was still holding the arrow key, so I died to this a few times. Aside from that, it was fun and funny. Theme use was okay.

Ok... sorry, but I'm not a fan of excessive swears nor gore, and this has both, so I played for a minute or two, got the gist, then I quit. You just spin and move out/in and kill everyone, I guess. Really not my thing, sorry.

Interesting concept. I guess there's no end though because I got through all 3 rooms?? Unless I was on the last one and just didn't complete it. Well, at that point, it was too hard/unfair anyway. It was fun, but I feel like the time limit + randomness meant too much luck was involved to make it fair - not by a whole lot, but enough to matter. I love the aesthetic and graphics though! Taking pictures felt great too, and I think it's a good use of the theme as well.

Lacking a bit in polish, but the idea is quite fun, and the use of the concept is good. Sometimes my robots would go through solids or clip out of bounds. When they went out of bounds, I was unable to win, so I had to restart the level.

R-pg-ING by Micah_DS
Gimme a lemon squeeeeeze.

Honestly, this is a genius remix of the classic snake game. I guess the use of the theme is that each segment of the snake makes up one big party? It works. For how simple this game is, it's incredibly fun. Great job.

Maybe I was just playing it incorrectly, but it felt like the randomness of treats spawning killed the game, making it more about luck than skill. If only the treats spawned within a certain radius of the player, maybe it'd be better. The best I could do was to get some treats ahead of time, then start gathering my party, but that strategy only got me to level 4. I almost beat level 4, but not quite.
Despite seeming to rely too much on luck, it was pretty fun, and a great use of the theme, since it's about getting and maintaining one big party. Surprisingly few people implemented the theme this well, imo, so great job there. I'm giving it a big rank boost for that.

A pretty weak use of the theme, and the ending isn't all that clear that it's over (I thought it was like a bonus round when the chest appeared), but it had solid game feel. and a good amount of polish, though feeling a bit incomplete. It was short but pretty fun. The sword swinging was very satisfying as well. I'd rank much higher if the theme usage was better.

I thoroughly enjoyed the humor and laid back murder solving. Something about the writing really hit the spot for me.

Very laid back and not a jaw-dropper, but it's quite charming and a nice experience. Thank you. It was a pleasure to play.

Oh wow, it actually saves the high score? Did you save to a server or something? I wasn't expecting data to be saved for HTML5. If you're somehow saving locally, I'd love to know how you managed that. Anyway, really simple game, but complete and fun enough to be good. A pretty good use of the theme as well.

I bought 288 items and spent a total of $1045.87. Sadly, I never even saw my name pop up even once during that whole time. Kinda funny though, since I'd technically be the guy getting the groceries, so it shouldn't pop up in the messages, but still, it was a let down. TBH, I even checked the game data to see if my name was actually in there, and yep, it's there. I guess I was just that unlucky. Saddened ego aside, this game really hits the spot for nostalgia. I'm pretty sure tons of people can relate to this game... for reasons... I- I need not explain! I do think the game could ramp up the speed a bit faster, but I can't say much else negative about it. It was so much fun zipping around like mad to find and grab the groceries. I'm so glad you made this.

The Retrieval by Dr Wolf
Looks cool, but it's too deep of a game for a jam and instructions are given in a less-than-ideal way - all at once, rather than in-game through an interactive tutorial, teaching things in bite-sized pieces.
Perhaps this isn't my favorite kind of strategy game either, and/or maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

BTW, I got a fatal error from rapidly pressing the middle play/go button during a battle...
of Alarm Event for alarm 1
for object obj_combat_master:

ds_list_find_index argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
called from - gml_Script_detach_ship_from_flagship (line 7)
called from - gml_Script_ship_do_combat_turn (line 169)
called from - gml_Object_obj_combat_master_Alarm_1 (line 27)

First, the bad: Sticky walls are never fun, so please avoid sticky walls in the future. Also, it was also impossible to tell which enemy to tackle first. The game kind of relies on the player finding out secrets, like going out of bounds to reach the chest across the pond. On the highest 'one hit' difficulty, it seems the player needs to discover all of these secrets in order to win, and it just feels a bit cheap, like it's not even about skill. I can get to the wizard, but I can never kill him, even after I learned about the special moves you can get/use. Another problem was that you can accidentally leave an area with an item lying on the ground then come back and it's gone forever.

Not to sound like I didn't enjoy the game though, because I really liked it! It has a good fantasy feel and it's fun to explore the world. I'm impressed you were able to make an action adventure style game like this in such a short time. I played this game for a very long time, and replayed it a few times, which is something I cannot say about most of the other jam games. Few games made me want to play again, unlike your game. Good job.

Got two different endings. I wish the text would allow for an auto-complete, then let you see the options, because I often pressed enter and it'd just skip past the text to show me the options, so I didn't even get to read what was going on. Aside from that, I think it fell a bit flat because the story didn't have much of a sense of mystery or intrigue, which is usually what gets me into a text adventure. Still, it did have graphics and multiple endings and it was fairly entertaining.

The camera movement is hard to get used to, and it's not great that the player can move faster than the camera, even to the point of going off screen. Also, IT'S TOO HARD. Even after ticking the option to keep power ups, it was still too hard. The level design requires precision, but the mechanics don't play nicely with that design, partly because the camera movement and close zoom level isn't fitting for bullet hell. If you want to do bullet hell, the camera needs tighter control and it needs to give enough screen space for the player to think ahead on how to weave between bullets, and if your hit box for the player isn't a tiny speck, it's too big as well (it was hard to tell; it seemed small, but perhaps could've been smaller still).

All that said, it 'could' be a really fun chaotic bullet hell game if the camera issues were resolved. I can tell a lot of effort went into it and it is quite polished in a lot of ways. I wish I could've enjoyed it more.

A little bit too much to handle all at once, almost like playing two different games at the same time, but aside from being too chaotic and unmanageable, it's a very good concept.

Last edited:

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I warn you guys in advance...my reviews were mostly short and to the point. I am also not very merciful. I recognize that it is a game jam, but the quality bar is pretty high(I would have ranked my own pretty low to be honest). I DID leave a short review for all the entries, and the higher ranked entries and best-ofs got a little more review. If someone has any specific questions you can PM me if you would like.

Reviews

Top 3:

BEST CONCEPT: This was a unique puzzle game. Similar to my entry, I see you introduced mechanics bit by bit, which is good. The dialogue added a little relief, and I'd say you did well on the presentation as well. This is something that could easily enough be expanded into something like a Casual PC or mobile game(though mobile is a crap-shoot). I also ran into a couple of levels that let me beat them without using every single piece, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing the way I see it. There is nothing wrong with multiple solutions to a thing(and it is bound to happen with this type of game anyway).

I really liked the concept itself, though I think the wall jumping should have been more forgiving, like if you slightly move off the wall you can still jump instead of only being able to hold the direction against the wall to jump. This lack means that you never get the full distance because you start out holding against the direction you are jumping. The cookie collection was a good addon as well. The art style was also pretty and more importantly, consistent. Only glitch...it may have been for a party, but not a BIG party....

BEST STORY: I gave it best story, not because of the story itself, rather the humor that went along with it. The characters have a small bit of personality, but they don't take themselves seriously either. The concept wasn't really unique, but it was well presented. Falling was extremely floaty, and hitboxes were pretty unforgiving as well. I DID like the robot humor though, and the fact that you have an actual boss here. The menus were also well done. And yes, Pro Motion IS awesome!!!

Best ofs:

Best use of : Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
Best Concept: Emmy And Sal by Mercerenies
Best Presentation: Plague Rats by Nocturne
Best Story: Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
Best Devlog: ...

Full ranking:

1. Emmy And Sal by Mercerenies
  2. Candles Have Feelings by JordanOttesen
  3. Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
  4. Plague Rats by Nocturne
  5. Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
  6. The Golden Balloon by Little Penguin Studios
  7. Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
  8. Jam Defenders by Kepons
  9. Candle Wars by Yozoraki
  10. Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39
  11. Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box
  12. R-pg-ING by Micah_DS
  13. Party Detective by Mercyssh
  14. Your Brain On Party by thijsmie
  15. Final Battle by Kahrabaa
  16. Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit
  17. One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
  18. Crimson Guild's Glamorous Guest List by Mr Magnus
  19. Survival Party by HayManMarc
  20. Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro
  21. Party Animal by TehPilot, TheFugue
  22. Need For Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames
  23. Robot Surprise Party by samspade
  24. GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy
  25. Party Mountain by AJTheApple
  26. Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker
  27. Hero Huddle by ThinGinger
  28. Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
  29. Party Paddles by Fusai
  30. 3 Mice In A Trenchcoat by Bart, TheSnidr, Xor, Naterboy
  31. The Party Must Go On by GVmG
  32. Roborazzi by Kultisti, Sulo
  33. Me pARRty by ghandpivot
  34. The Annual GMC Party by O_stogden
  35. One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony
  36. Queen by Toque
  37. Dr Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal
  38. Keyboard Hero by tadashibashi
  39. Snake Dance by Greenblizzard
  40. HealthBar by Fanatrick
  41. Party Guardians by StarDreamIX
  42. GreymoorHall by Ninety
  43. Party Pooper by Lukan
  44. Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal
  45. GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
  46. The Scattered Army by Sirham
  47. happy birthday by Yal
  48. The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead
  49. Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto
  50. Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik
  51. Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat
  52. dawg the party animal by NivesStudio
  53. Hero Horde by PinesOfChaos
  54. Barry Bear's Birthday by Richerama
  55. Life Party by Cat
  56. Party Parade by Tristan
  57. The Retrieval by Dr Wolf
  58. Jenka Dungeon by dosto, Reaktori, Riuku
  59. Florida Man by BreakfastBoy
  60. Color Splash by EvanSki
  61. City Scuttler by Bearman_18
  62. Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme
  63. Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James
  64. Fiesta Down by VinylFly
  65. Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan
  66. Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel
  67. The Matchmaker (HTML5 ONLY, OPEN FOLDER) by eimie
  68. Castle Meta by The M
  69. Survive the Party by Nejc Podlipnik
  70. get to the party by Wabb, sequential
  71. Goin' All Nite by Dadio
  72. Behemoth by sp202
  73. Candle by Steelegms2
  74. Party Puker by Ben Stitt
  75. dumburk 9000 by Bret Hudson, Allen Webster, Jared Cohen
  76. matoset by Poizen

Comments:

3d is ambitous..no camera control kinda sucked though. You really missed more of the instructions, controls, etc... Like, I had no idea what the bone did if anything when I happened to pull it out. The music was fitting though.

BEST STORY: I gave it best story, not because of the story itself, rather the humor that went along with it. The characters have a small bit of personality, but they don't take themselves seriously either. The concept wasn't really unique, but it was well presented. Falling was extremely floaty, and hitboxes were pretty unforgiving as well. I DID like the robot humor though, and the fact that you have an actual boss here. The menus were also well done. And yes, Pro Motion IS awesome!!!

Just about lasted the 5 minutes the second try. Part of the issue for me was lack of ammo. It kept appearing in walls where I can't reach, and there wasn't enough to defeat all the zombies that come at the last moment. It also was missing diagonal movement. Concept wasn't bad though.

Yet another mini-game kind of thing. Having the colors random for the balloons didn't help since you couldn't really learn(though it was short). The mouth also seemed to take too long to open so I never passed that one. Can't comment about the rest.

Behemoth by sp202

Sorry...there just wasn't much to this. It was basically just scroll through the messages and it basically told me what they all were by the end despite all the non-hint messages. If you had done some actual logic puzzle stuff where you have to make determinations based on minimum information, it would have made sense.

Not my type of game, but if you had the chance to flesh it out into something bigger I'm sure some people would pay for it. The interaction with the pizza guy was buggy, hard to get in the right place. I didn't have that issue with the other NPCs.

Candle by Steelegms2

Sorry, I have no idea what is going on here. I figured out how to "shoot" the flame to light/disable the candles, and played a few levels...but no instructions at all...no story, no theme. Not that I'm judging, but it feels like you had very little time to work on it and had to submit what you had at the deadline.

Candle Wars by Yozoraki

Graphics were cute and consistent. Part of the issue I had was the annoyance with having to go back to retrieve the cupcakes after they took the resources.

I really liked the concept itself, though I think the wall jumping should have been more forgiving, like if you slightly move off the wall you can still jump instead of only being able to hold the direction against the wall to jump. This lack means that you never get the full distance because you start out holding against the direction you are jumping. The cookie collection was a good addon as well. The art style was also pretty and more importantly, consistent. Only glitch...it may have been for a party, but not a BIG party....

Castle Meta by The M

Platformer with a few unique items...no idea what to do or where to go or why really to do much of any of it honestly.

This is the second entry I played that Avast threw in my virus chest and I had to pull out of said chest :) So...it is very much basically a sort of story thing more than a game. There is very little actual stuff to do that isn't just watching the story. The graphics(presentation) was really nice though. I'm guessing it is a concept you could expand on if you wanted to make a full-blown production, complete with more choices, etc...

I guess Roguelikes are not my thing. This was pretty boring to me...and I saw ZERO theme usage so I had to dock for that.

Color Splash by EvanSki

I obviously can't rate this high since the game itself isn't there. You DID get points however because I think the menu itself was well done(except the default popup things, ewww.).

It's OK...no story, seems like a never-ending kind of thing. The movement isn't conductive to being able to avoid the pretty heavy traffic, you would have been better have 8-way movement instead of vehicle movement.

BEST USE OF THEME: I'm amazed at the work done here, can't wait to see what you do with the other entries in the post Jam. It takes a lot of work to integrate the other games. I wanted to rate higher, but as an actual game, it is simply not my type and not any fun. It was likely the only logical choice though considering the integration you were doing.

Not an interesting concept for me(though others may like it). I added a point for presentation both from the accessiblity and the high score tracking. I did not like the people on that back street though...even with the zooming in it felt like it was an added difficulty so I generally avoided them.

Music got repetitive really quick... Another entry with a few mini-games, the 3rd one about running from the bull was lacking in mercy completely though.

Got 4th and 8th place on Blood Mage at the time of this writing....that was the only song that felt like the timing was on rhythm, the other two felt off(I'm usually good at keeping a beat from years of music since middle school). Concept was good, though I wish the arrows could have been in the same positions as they are on the keyboard. An alternative could have been to have a single chain going to the same place, or use something like ASDF.m

Didn't feel like it used the theme any, but the concept was interesting. It was also too complex to me...too many different things to match up in different ways, so it felt like just doing random stuff was as good as actually trying to match stuff up.

I gave you a point for the fact that it involved a big party. But I have to rank what I have in front of me and not what the potential could be. I had no real idea what to do, and muddled through getting all the upgrades(including the tree, whatever that does), but it was going to take forever to get 10,000 people despite the upgrades. If there was a better way to go, I didn't see how.

BEST CONCEPT: This was a unique puzzle game. Similar to my entry, I see you introduced mechanics bit by bit, which is good. The dialogue added a little relief, and I'd say you did well on the presentation as well. This is something that could easily enough be expanded into something like a Casual PC or mobile game(though mobile is a crap-shoot). I also ran into a couple of levels that let me beat them without using every single piece, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing the way I see it. There is nothing wrong with multiple solutions to a thing(and it is bound to happen with this type of game anyway).

Intersting bullet hell concept, points for pretty graphics..no story I could find though.

I know the word "clicker' is in the name but you really should have added buttons to do multiple of things at a time(1, 10, 50, 100), as by the 4th battle or so I needed over 500 conscripts to match up and I wasn't about to sit there and click like that. I also ran into a point where no matter how many farms I added, I wasn't getting more food each season, so I was showing a starving village consistently at that point and couldn't have deployed the troops I needed.

Fiesta Down by VinylFly

A little different style of vs. game. AI wasn't that smart.

Sorry, couldn't figure out what was going on. Just by pressing random keys, I figured out that 'T' works like "enter" for clicking on the buttons(and for fighting), and pressing 'G' just ends the game. I managed to collect a health and destroy a guy...but there wasn't much else there.....

Final Battle by Kahrabaa

Errored out "can't find obj_chest" in the tutorial. I didn't have any problems getting chests in the game though. The concept was pretty good, but there was no clear goal...I thought maybe defeating all the guys that show up in the middle would do it but it didn't happen after several times. I even got the number in the lower right up to 50 and it still didn't do anything.

Maybe with more time and polish this would work out better. You couldn't really fight much without taking damage in the process, so even the crabs were better avoided, much less the big guys, atleast until you get the powerup stuff.

Not much fun for me, but I DID enjoy the uniqueness of it. I DID notice the title changing constantly as well.

Interesting mini-games...instructions would have helped but the games were easy enough once you figured it out. The snail run one was not winnable for me, though the rest were pretty easy to win. The "defender" one was my favorite concept. You didn't have a party theme but I make it "OK" since you themed the gangs atleast.

I really couldn't figure it out, maybe if I had more patience I could have gotten it. It looks like I have to tell each individual guy what to do to make it to the party but I couldn't really get it, sorry.

Well presented simple concept, added items adds replay value. No story, and didn't feel like it involved the theme either.

The concept had some uniqueness as far as the platforming and sticking on walls thing. The graphics weren't consistent though. I liked the tiles in the levels somewhat but then the characters stuck out like they were in the wrong place.

Goin' All Nite by Dadio

It was indeed a big party, but it's hard to figure out what to do. I figured out about feeding the pill things to the lemon but had no idea at all what I was supposed to acually do.

GreymoorHall by Ninety

Despite answering what I thought was correct when providing evidence, there was still some contradiciton with guests, so I didn't win, even after multiple tries. The concept is alright, needed more mechanics or something else to make it better.

happy birthday by Yal

Really strange concept...I don't think the heavy fog effect added anything, that's my IMO. Controls were also strange, would have worked much better using more standard FPS controls using the mouse and WASD or arrows.

HealthBar by Fanatrick

Unique idea...not much warning what you were supposed to do. I noticed colors could combine but some seemed impossible, although it seemed like even the ones that looked like they needed mixes were getting called successful to an extent even without mixing them.

Simple to play...the strategy seemed more about clicking fast and accurate than anything though.

Neat enough concept, boss was pretty unforgiving despite massing up the party first. Controls are easy enough to figure out but it would have been nice to see a quick explanation. It also might have been nicer if you had something mentioning you should build up before going to the middle for the boss.

Interesting concept, got stuck in a few corners making exit and re-enter the levels.

Jam Defenders by Kepons

Actually an interesting concept. It wasn't difficult to figure out with the help screen either. Expanding on it would include more variety, multiple things to have to defend possibly, and as you add enemies you would want to add little screens showing what they do.

Sorry, I just couldn't get into this(may be my tastes). I didn't run into any bugs, but there was basically nothing that wasn't simply movement/position based.

My best score was 31, Rank F. The concept is interesting...wasn't sure if it was a typing game or a guitar hero rhythm thing or...what exactly. I think it was too complicated, especially since the keys were all over the place. You can't easily keep track of the left and right side at once, unless maybe you are good at guitar hero games. And I don't ever play those. I can actually type pretty fast(80 WPM or so), and I play actual keyboard somewhat as well, but I still couldn't get good at this after a few tries. Oh....and I didn't see anything to do with the theme either.

Life Party by Cat

At the least you explained what to do. The randomness and speed of movement made it almost easier to just move around randomly instead of there being an actual strategy. Besides going for the score, I'm not sure what the point is.

matoset by Poizen

Avast thought this was malware and threw it in my virus chest. I restored it of course. However, I can't run it...it gives me the following error just after the splash screen.

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
for object obj_menu:

stack frame is

Me pARRty by ghandpivot

The concept seems like it could be expanded into something pretty neat...you would need more events and everything of course, and things to make the world alive. You would also be better served using the mouse to control the camera, or making the camera always look forward unless you purposefully move it(like most games do).

I'm not good at these...not enough time for my reactions to kick in. The tutorial was well done though, and game was fun though too difficult. Music was also nice!

Nice concepts! Controls etc... were pretty clear. This could turn into a Mario Party competitor if you added a meta-thing to the mini-game collection.

Different, boring though. At the least you did something different for the theme interpretation.

Interesting concept...couldn't get the possessed guys through a door, couldn't get the cat to go through it either...so got stumped at the first level that had a door.

Another mini-game entry...you really were missing the AI to help out with this. Even if I had more players, forcing them to use the keyboard, and worse, those exact four keys, would not have worked.

The concept was interesting...the platforming movement was a little quirky. The tasks were sometimes not able to be done if you were too close to the dot. And it felt like sometimes tasks didn't pop up fast enough to get to them before the time expired sometimes. There were also a lot of people and even with hints of which floor they were on it was pretty hard(I never won). Maybe there could have been multiple levels where you start out easier first.

The 4th level(I believe) was basically impossible with the axe guy, you don't move fast enough to cover both sides at all. The arrow guy probably could have done it, but when I was about to start the third level with that person, the game froze(music kept going but the enter button wouldn't respond to click or keypress).

Interesting platformer...no indication if the ending would have changed based on how many times I did or anything. You probably could have added a sign saying both WASD and arrows work, etc... and another sign saying what the arrow powerup thingies do.

Party Paddles by Fusai

The idea is stable, and I think you did well on presenting it as far as graphics/audio. However, forcing a second player probably wasn't good.

Party Parade by Tristan

I guess a parade counts as a party. So its a wannabe rhythm/hero game, just without matching the music or beat to the inputs. It was easy enough to hit as many as you want simply hitting the keys over and over. I didn't see the point or anything...if the screen changed(or the parade was getting bigger or something), I couldn't really tell because my eyes were stuck on the incoming As and Ls...and the game never ended until I told it to.

Party Pooper by Lukan

Easy enough to figure out what to do...not really much fun doing it, and there was no pressure with a timer or anything either. The hard part once there were more innocents was just about making sure you click right once you find the target.

Party Puker by Ben Stitt

Simple concept, sorely lacking in mechanics though, even accounting for Jam time. I'm guessing you were pretty short on time maybe.

Plague Rats by Nocturne

BEST PRESENTATION: I thought you did extremely well on the presentation of this concept. The music and audio was themed perfectly, and the bit of menus felt right in place. I ran into the bug...at the least I was able to get to the city area before it happened. I think the concept is quite interesting(though it would have bored me as it isn't really my type). It was also well presented. It is something you could expand on, maybe with more puzzle type things, different zombie and rat types, and more than just two-way splitting.

Queen by Toque

Queen actually looks kinda like a guy since you had that darker color doing around the face there like a beard. The concept was OK though, no clear goal except to get rid of more birds. The queen kept getting stuck and couldn't move quite often.

Hmmm, wasn't sure what the point of this was at first honestly. Music doesn't really match the game style. I guess the point was to last as long as possible while the butler guy insults you.

The concept was kinda unique. I'm not sure if you intended the bot to be stuck moving constantly(I'm guessing you did). That added a certain challenge to it.

Seems like an interesting idea...but it wasn't very clear what the robot could actually see. Presentation was nice though!

R-pg-ING by Micah_DS

Concept itself was actually pretty interesting..you just needed to flesh out more mechanics and levels. I have to rate what I have though.

No theming, but the concept was unique enough. The graphics were simplistic and consistent as well. No story to judge either. I would have like to see the snake head and tail(you sometimes forget), and you could even get bonus points if the head and tail match the shape(but not lose if they are swapped in out of order as long as the shape is filled).

Points for the unique concept, but the action was really pretty slow, movement too slow, too many times I couldn't get to the pickups because they are very sparse even at early level 2 and they disappear too fast for me to get there once I finally see one, much less having time to really collect the people.

Didn't really know much of what was going on here. After you die, there is no reset or anything either.

Points for humor, but I expected there to be more actual investigation, like figuring out who is lying and who isn't, based on things like someone contradicting themselves or something. I DID LOL a few times though!

This is a neat concept! The theme seems like an add-on though. I didn't like the "floaty" movement, but I understand why you have it(you are bringing a balloon). You have to really pre-plan your movements to avoid the acorns, which is hard to do considering there was no warning when they were going to come out at you. The little ending sequence made me lean the "overall" category to GOOD though the other categories made a tie between OK and GOOD.

Nice music...took next to no effort to keep the healthbar thing full but I couldn't figure out what to do.

I think the difficulty ramped up way too slowly..maybe it shouuld have seen how fast things were getting done and got faster accordingly(like skipping levels). It wasn't really much fun for me, but you did have a pretty good presentation, like the screenshake, the cart skidding, etc...

The Retrieval by Dr Wolf

This maybe just not my cup of tea honestly. It seemed really complex, and the manual wasn't all that bad...but there was a lot to remember and figure out, and no introduction besides the manual. I got ships to battle, but in the middle of the third, I got an exception(I didn't screeny it though, sorry). Also, it really feels like you tried to force the theme in there.

Seems like it wants to be an RPG of sorts, but ends up being more puzzle than RPG due to trying to figure out what sequence to do things in that allows your HP to not go down too fast. If you intended on there being a way to heal, I didn't find it. I also ran across a bug where one of the forged things(I'm guessing a shield) caused the defense stat to go down, and switching back to the default made it go down more, so each time you switch it would keep going down and down.

This felt pretty generic honestly...it didn't remember key things either, like the shady man I chopped was there again even when I had barely left... I don't think this genre is gonna good for "reaction" based things either. If you wanted to go that route, you probably should have turned it into a mini-rpg where you take damage if you hit the wrong button or something.

Wanted to give a bit more points to presentation but the mouse direction wasn't working... The concept is nice and fun though! Makes me think of The Pick of Destiny somewhat!

Kinda neat, lots of characters that I no nothing about since I haven't participated in any Jams before now. So many characters, but they all seemed to basically do the same thing.

The explanation was pretty good, the concept was good...but the tower dropping seemed to not work right. There wasn't a real path I could tell that the thoughts were following...and then sometimes I couldn't drop a tower despite the square being empty(even though it wasn't the energy one for repair either). There were also times where the vibe tube kept emptying despite me being right on top of the speaker(and/or notes), and the other tubes not being empty either. I'm guessing it was due to all the bad thoughts, but I couldn't do anything about them either.

Bart

WiseBart
Reviews

Top 3:

Very nice intro. I absolutely love the jazzy music that plays in the background!
The gameplay is interesting. Level after level a new element is introduced.
Overall highly polished and fun to play!

What an atmosphere in this game! I love it.
A "Notpad", use of the expression "per se", a harpsichord, a main character called Winston, ... This just can't go wrong!
Unfortunately I got stuck on the assesment on the principles of the manual.

I don't know how I managed to do it but at one point all enemies stopped shooting bullets. Apparently you can just run into them.
It was at the same time my headphones turned off and all audio stopped playing.

This is definitely a candidate for best presentation! Mostly because of the great music and audio.
Everything fits together really well.

Best ofs:

Best use of : The Party Must Go On by GVmG
Best Concept: Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
Best Presentation: Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
Best Story: Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39

Full ranking:

1. Party Animal by TehPilot, TheFugue
  2. Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39
  3. Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
  4. One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
  5. Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan
  6. Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
  7. Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
  8. Keyboard Hero by tadashibashi
  9. Plague Rats by Nocturne
  10. Party Mountain by AJTheApple
  11. Need For Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames
  12. Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro
  13. The Party Must Go On by GVmG
  14. Final Battle by Kahrabaa
  15. Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James
  16. Party Detective by Mercyssh
  17. Jam Defenders by Kepons
  18. Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box
  19. Your Brain On Party by thijsmie
  20. The Matchmaker (HTML5 ONLY, OPEN FOLDER) by eimie
  21. The Golden Balloon by Little Penguin Studios
  22. Castle Meta by The M
  23. Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
  24. Fiesta Down by VinylFly
  25. HealthBar by Fanatrick
  26. The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead
  27. Robot Surprise Party by samspade
  28. GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
  29. GreymoorHall by Ninety
  30. Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit
  31. Crimson Guild's Glamorous Guest List by Mr Magnus
  32. happy birthday by Yal
  33. Jenka Dungeon by dosto, Reaktori, Riuku
  34. Emmy And Sal by Mercerenies
  35. Survival Party by HayManMarc
  36. Florida Man by BreakfastBoy
  37. Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel
  38. Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal
  39. Escape of the Clowns by kburkhart84
  40. Party Paddles by Fusai
  41. Survive the Party by Nejc Podlipnik
  42. R-pg-ING by Micah_DS
  43. Behemoth by sp202
  44. Me pARRty by ghandpivot
  45. Queen by Toque
  46. Dr Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal
  47. Roborazzi by Kultisti, Sulo
  48. Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme
  49. Candle Wars by Yozoraki
  50. Snake Dance by Greenblizzard
  51. matoset by Poizen
  52. Hero Horde by PinesOfChaos
  53. The Scattered Army by Sirham
  54. The Retrieval by Dr Wolf
  55. Hero Huddle by ThinGinger
  56. Candle by Steelegms2
  57. Candles Have Feelings by JordanOttesen
  58. Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik
  59. Barry Bear's Birthday by Richerama
  60. Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto
  61. One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony
  62. Party Parade by Tristan
  63. dumburk 9000 by Bret Hudson, Allen Webster, Jared Cohen
  64. dawg the party animal by NivesStudio
  65. Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker
  66. Color Splash by EvanSki
  67. City Scuttler by Bearman_18
  68. Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat
  69. get to the party by Wabb, sequential
  70. GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy
  71. The Annual GMC Party by O_stogden
  72. Goin' All Nite by Dadio
  73. Party Pooper by Lukan
  74. Party Guardians by StarDreamIX
  75. Party Puker by Ben Stitt
  76. Life Party by Cat

Comments:

A very nice platform game
Music, sound effects, visuals are nice
It wasn't clear at the start that you can also aim diagonally and shoot the birds as well.
Was it a deliberate choice to allow the player to pass through some walls?
It could be a nice way to add paths to secret rooms.

"Party's over". In the end the generator got taken down by zombies with about 40 seconds left
This game is quite fun and challenging.

A couple of things that caught my attention:
* The player doesn't move smoothly along walls
* A tiny thing, but the word wrapping in the introduction text is a bit off. Might've just put that on a single line or draw it on multiple lines to circumvent that.

Okay graphics and sound

A couple of minigames
Nice colors
I played this for a short while though didn't make it that far (also, you have to restart with every mistake that you make)
The child sound effects felt rather annoying to me

Behemoth by sp202

Exceptional presentation!

I got 8 cards right on the first try.
It doesn't seem like there's a relation to the theme. Unless it's the messages.
That'd make the concept really great.
The clues didn't help much. Mine probably don't either :p

A candidate for best presentation

A nice but pretty short game
Sure must've been a rough night!
Beautiful characters and animations, as always, I guess I should say :)
Party Rat is absolutely adorable!
Apparently you can lie to the owner and then Party Rat survives.
Throwing the rock in that scenario gives an interesting result.

Candle by Steelegms2

A nice idea to light candles to disarm them. I always thought a lit candle was a dangerous one.
The controls are very smooth
Pretty sprites and good sound effects
Should've added a background music to really finish it off I think :)

Candle Wars by Yozoraki

Beautiful, colorful visuals. I really like it!
Quite a unique presentation. Combined with the music this is definitely a candidate for best presentation!
I didn't really figure out what to do in this game to complete it, though

Lovely game
I really like the ducking animation of the candle
Pretty colors
This game was fun to play for a while

Castle Meta by The M

Very interesting concept and an interesting take on the theme!

I quickly tried this game about a week ago and now I played a second time.
The items I could use actually changed. That's very neat.
Looks like you thought this through quite well, since there are multiple ways to achieve something depending on the items that you get

A couple of things weren't clear at first but were nice to discover while playing. The rings that allow you to double jump and the possibility to "guide" the spell.

Plays very smoothly
Background music and sound effects are okay
The visuals are basic but they work well

The enemy with the axe looked more impressive than he actually was

A candidate for best use of theme

This is charming, adorable!
Beautiful sprites and lovely music
It's more of an interactive story than an actual game, though
This entry definitely left an impression

Candidate for best story

Ah, some kind of turn-based game
I really like the idea behind this. Nice sprites, too.
I played it for a while but didn't figure out what to do or how to advance

Color Splash by EvanSki

Looks like this entry is pretty unfinished
It does look good and has a nice background tune

Good game idea
Nice visuals and good background music. Cleaning the floor seems to take forever for some reason
You run into quite a few people before actually reaching your actual customer that needs to be served.
That lowers the score quite a bit.

This is amazing! I didn't know how this entry would turn out in the end.
Beautifully drawn characters and backgrounds, great background music and a lot of familiar characters and places.
I really enjoyed playing this, even though it was rather short for me since I didn't fully complete a few of the Crimson Guild games.

A candidate for best story

Ooh, this is a nice idea
I absolutely love the background music you chose for this! A perfect fit for the game.
It really is one big party.
I played it for a while, didn't get a very high score. It's a very entertaining game for sure!

The background music is quite annoying. It's really too repetitive.
I like the game idea. Play a couple of mini-games before going to the party.
The sprites look okay, cute characters.
A couple of things that caught my attention: some visual inconsistencies between sprites and areas, collision masks include the roofs of houses

A rhythm game, nice to see that!
Very nice presentation, nice dance moves
Though the music and the visuals don't stay in sync, it seems... Which isn't ideal for a rhythm game.
(not too sure if this can be achieved using GM's built-in audio functions)

Ah, a variation on Tetris
This entry reminds me of one of your earlier jam entries where the blocks would also act in somewhat unpredictable ways.
Some blocks seem to keep their position while others fall down.
I played it for a short while.

This seems to be a strategy/building game of some kind where you have to upgrade your shop.
I didn't quite figure out what to do in this game. It takes some time to get more loot and I'm not sure if there are any faster ways to get it.
Upgrading further took a bit too long because of that and I didn't continue playing
Not sure if there's anything I've missed, though

Nice puzzle game. Some good humor in the dialogues.
I like how you're always able to come up with these puzzles in the jam.
The "Party Panel" is lovely :D
I enjoyed playing this and managed to finish it.

Nice idea, stacking boxes to advance in the level
Some levels can take a while to complete because the heavier boxes destroy lighter ones.
Very nice barrel organ music (had to look up the English term for that :) )
The art feels a bit inconsistent, though
Nice to see how you used Blender for the animations

There's a nice idea behind this game
Good visuals
Too bad there's no background music

I got a fatal error when I died, though it doesn't always occur:
Code:
of  Step Event0
for object obj_cake:

Unable to find instance for object index 100022
at gml_Object_obj_cake_Step_0
gml_Object_obj_cake_Step_0 (line -1)

Not sure what I'm supposed to do here.
There's a lot going on in the background it seems, but it wasn't quite clear to me what that was.

I fought some battles and created a couple of buildings in the town.

The art does feel a bit inconsistent

Nice ominous sounding ambience in the background and beautiful sprites

Fiesta Down by VinylFly

Great! This is a lot of fun to play!
The visuals are lovely and the music and sfx really fit

Lovely little game. It reminds me of those old street fighting games (there was one on the NES that I remember)
Not sure why the T key is used to attack.
The language was set to English but I still got the ending (I think it was) in Spanish it seems?
A fun game to play, though, especially the boss. And lovely player costume!

Final Battle by Kahrabaa

Fun game!
I love the suspense when the "dark" army passes through
Interesting how you initially have to look for party members that are isolated from the rest so you can defeat those and only then start fighting larger groups.
I played this entry for quite a while, it's really entertaining!
But it seems like you keep advancing right all the time and from time to time have an encounter with that army passing through.
Is there an end to this game? Did I miss something?

This is surprisingly fun to play
I like the gator mechanic in particular
Nice coin sfx, great background music
The graphics are a bit basic, but still everything fits together pretty well

What an atmosphere in this game! I love it.

A "Notpad", use of the expression "per se", a harpsichord, a main character called Winston, ...
This just can't go wrong!

Unfortunately I got stuck on the assesment on the principles of the manual.

A candidate for best story!

Nice game, with quite a few minigames to play
I played them all, though didn't win each of them.
Is there a way to complete the game?

A game in the style of Lemmings
It was nice to play this for a short while
Graphics are basic and no sfx or music, unfortunately

No idea how you managed to submit three entries to this jam, that's quite amazing
I can appreciate the somewhat psychedelic style of this game. Also, it's really fun to play.

Nice music in this game!
Aside from that, everything in this game feels rather incoherent. The car sprite, the other sprites, the circles as the transition between scenes, the text in menus
Not sure if the "sticking to walls" of the spaceship is meant as an actual mechanic or if it is the result of a bug in the platforming
I played the first and the second level

Goin' All Nite by Dadio

Good one :D
I guess you have the rights to the music
Not a real game but it made me laugh

GreymoorHall by Ninety

This is fun!
The game is presented nicely, I particularly like the background music.
Very colorful, too

happy birthday by Yal

Neat looking 3D game!
The balloon sound effect sounds like some Resident Evil sound effect
I like the atmosphere you created here, though it doesn't feel like it really fits a birthday party :p
This didn't run too well on my integrated GPU

HealthBar by Fanatrick

It didn't take long before I got the idea. It's interesting!
The mixed color drinks are a bit harder to get right but the game seems to be forgiving enough to allow "close enough" colored drinks through
Good background music and sound effects to fit the game

Interesting. You control a party that fights monsters and that needs funding.
Would've liked to have a fullscreen option. It doesn't look like the game can toggle fullscreen?
The 10 minute timer feels rather demotivating. It doesn't give any perspective on how the game will progress and gives an impression that you'll be doing the same for 10 minutes straight.

A nice, colorful party that is
The game is very satisfying to play
I didn't manage to defeat the large crystal

This game already had me intrigued when I saw it in the games topic
The pogo mechanic works great! It's very satisfying to jump around the level on that stick.
Pretty visuals. And a good background music that fits well.
There doesn't seem to be much more do to in a level than collecting all the items. I managed to do that in the first level but that didn't seem to be the end condition.
Can the two levels be completed?
Unfortunately the menu screen doesn't do the actual game any justice.

Candidate for best concept

Jam Defenders by Kepons

Incredibly fun and pretty addicting to play, too :D
It reminds me of tower defense games.
Beautiful sprites. This game plays perfectly. All controls are explained well.
Unit movement is good and there's even a way to add to the selection using the Shift key.
The controls are exactly like you'd expect in this kind of game.
Quite literally a "jam" game
I played it for quite a bit longer after finishing the last wave.

A very polished entry
I love the concept behind this game. Move in a Snake way and gather party members.

This is hard but remarkably rewarding to play.
It feels great to practice and get more and more notes correct each time
The music itself is great, a very catchy tune, and well presented
A very good entry overall!
I'm going to let my unconscious brain do some work and I'll get back to this later.
I finally got to an A rank.

Life Party by Cat

Unfortunately I got some kind of virus warning so I haven't been able to play this one :(
"A problem occurred when running the entry."

matoset by Poizen

Doesn't seem like I can run this. There's a fatal error right after starting:
for object obj_menu:

stack frame is

I had a look at the game's post and saw a v1.1 on itch.io.

I really like how you used the gang fruits.
The game plays really smoothly and has nice music.

Me pARRty by ghandpivot

Best pun in the game's title

A neat little 3D game. Too bad there's nothing more to see and do.
Nice visuals and perfectly fitting background music.
It does seem like the pirate ship is missing a "moral" compass, considering how happy the crew is after eating their fellow crew members :D

This game is hard
I love the people dancing in the background. It's all nicely presented.
Good music. Nice beats.

Brilliant!
This is highly polished and professional
The minigames are fun to play

An interesting take on the theme
This game looks complex
Nice visual effect with the wireframe at the start of the game
I couldn't quite figure out what to do or how to complete this game

Very nice intro.
I absolutely love the jazzy music that plays in the background!
The gameplay is interesting. Level after level a new element is introduced.
[L] and [R] on the title screen could be confused with the letter keys I think. With Z being the actual letter but L and R referring to the arrow keys.
Overall highly polished and fun to play!

What a lovely little game!
Nice looking visuals and simple yet funny minigames. Soothing background music to go with it.
Everything is consistent.
Perhaps consider changing the keys that are used. A, B, C and D are all on the same side of the keyboard.
On the other hand, bashing keys in the same region of the keyboard with four people playing could also increase the fun factor :p

Intriguing game
While there's an extensive tutorial provided I didn't quite figure out what to do.
I like what's going on at all the different floors at the same time and also how the floors are connected using stairs.

Everything in this entry is rather inconsistent
It has a beautiful intro screen, then moves to a room with the default gray background
The character selection screen then shows two great looking sprites
The idea behind the gameplay is nice, "defend the cake", but movement doesn't feel smooth
The attack sound seems to be some old Windows sound effect, which feels out of place, too

Great platform game! I definitely enjoyed playing it.
It's a bit too short. I would've loved to play some more levels of this.
Very cute main character, beautiful, colorful visuals in general

Party Paddles by Fusai

This is crazy! A lot going on on screen in this game.
Neat disco lighting effect in the background.
A good beat as a background music to set the tone. All very nice!
How do I win this game?

Party Parade by Tristan

This is fun to play, I really like the fanfare
The graphics are basic, though I really like the details such as the tiny stick men for the children in the crowd

Party Pooper by Lukan

I'm not sure if there's a lot more to this game than clicking the darker looking character in each level

Party Puker by Ben Stitt

Is there more than one level?
The graphics are very basic, a couple of squares
I like the idea behind this game ("leave the party in time") but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in a very playable state

Plague Rats by Nocturne

This is very enjoyable to play. There's something very satisfying to moving that group of rats around.
At one point I sacrificed half of the rat party thinking it had to go into the electricity. It's only then I noticed there were two buttons and you have to split up the group.
The music is great. The sound effects also help to convey the atmosphere.
A very polished entry overall!

Queen by Toque

"Music by Mozart" :D. Music selection for this game couldn't have been better.
I always love the humour in your jam entries. This one sure counts, too!
I played the game for a short while. Hitting the pigeons isn't always easy, at least the ones that are sitting on the fence.
You need to aim quite precisely to hit those.
Overall, fun to play, and especially good humor

Superb presentation!
Then you give gifts and they're still not happy. Unthankful people :D

I like this game, fun to play.
Very creative use of the slider to end the game.
It took me a moment to figure that out.

Very nice idea
There's clearly a party going on.
It wasn't too clear what I was supposed to do at first. It was easy to figure out that left click takes photos but it took a while to realize I could move with WASD.
Nice visuals, good music to go with it.
A candidate for best concept

Lovely game!
Nice art and sound, though pre-made
I didn't manage to hide all robots in any level. I'm not sure if that's even possible.
A very nice entry altogether!

R-pg-ING by Micah_DS

There's definitely potential in this game's mechanic
I like the visual style and the colors
Pretty harsh how you can stand near the edge and kill all party members almost instantly by simply rotating the camera around.
Too bad there's no audio. Not something I'm used to from your jam games.
Though the readme explains perfectly well why that is.

Interesting idea!
Very basic graphics. It all looks consistent, though.
And some nice soothing background music to go with it.
One thing that caught my attention is that you get 2000 points for collecting the white dot while getting the shape right only gets you a couple of hundreds of points.
Not sure why you'd want to get that shape right after getting 2000 points.

Lovely game!
I really like the simple character sprites.
Neat background music. It helps convey the party's atmosphere
I managed to get 11 people to the party in level 0 and bring them back to my home but apparently I still lost?
Not sure what I was supposed to do to continue to the next level.

A game where you fight several enemies. It starts out nice.
Very nice graphics!
The monster sound effect seems to be a bit too low pitched compared to the size of the enemies

Intriguing. Is there anything more to this game than talking to all the guests after the murder?

Very solid presentation!
Simple shapes.
Nice soothing background music (heard that a couple of times in this jam :D)

Lovely! A nice place to have a party and a nice beat going on in the background.
The DJ looks great with the sunglasses :D
I put a couple of people next to each other but they wouldn't do anything. I'm wondering what I missed.

Really nice idea to focus on the "logistics"/"supply chain" side of a party. Missing out on the party to keep it going.

This is an incredibly fun game to play. It feels very satisfying driving that shopping cart around the supermarket.
Does look like there's a wrong character in the link to the forum topic
Great background music, lovely cheesy organ

A candidate for best use of theme because of the different perspective on a party

The Retrieval by Dr Wolf

It looks like there's a lot going on in this game but I couldn't figure out what exactly.
I opened the PDF file that's included with it. It's a lot of text to go through.
I tried selecting units, then move them by clicking all mouse buttons, and pressing various keys but nothing seemed to really do anything.
Second time trying. The manual mentions right-click on an "adjacent" square.
Interesting. So you move units around and battle on planets. This reminds me of Advance Wars on the GBA for some reason.
Played it for a short while but the map felt too big to explore further.
The black and white visuals weren't pleasant for the eyes, at least for me personally.
There was a line in the middle of the window all the time that seems to be caused by the pattern on the sprites? (not too sure, though)

I like the world you tried to create in this game
Graphics and music are a bit basic but are okay
I played the game for a bit but was defeated

An interesting text adventure. It manages to create a certain atmosphere.
I do like the kind of game like this that requires you to remember where you are.

I don't know how I managed to do it but at one point all enemies stopped shooting bullets. Apparently you can just run into them.
It was at the same time my headphones turned off and all audio stopped playing.

This is definitely a candidate for best presentation! Mostly because of the great music and audio.
Everything fits together really well.

It's amazing to see how many characters you managed to put into this game. And there's even a slam mode.
Very nicely presented, colourful visuals. And nice background music, too!
I played a couple of games with various characters. Definitely fun!
Great game title

I absolutely love the great 90's sounding dance beats of this game! (it's likely nostalgia to some extent)
At the beginning I really thought this was "real" music playing
The gameplay itself is nice. The basic idea reminds me of the "humores", the "juices" of the human body.
It's fun to play.
The area of the blood seemed a bit too big compared to the party location.

A candidate for best concept

O.Stogden

Reviews

Top 3:

Really nice game, not played much in this genre of game except Jazz Jackrabbit 2, but I really enjoyed my time here. Solid presentation and polish, good gameplay too.

Interesting story, I didn't realize Nocturne wasn't real though, my game would beg to differ.

Love this little concept, well-made, well-presented. Quite challenging, but I've seen people beat it, so I know it's just me being bad.

Best ofs:

Best use of : Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
Best Concept: Me pARRty by ghandpivot
Best Presentation: Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
Best Story: Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro

Full ranking:

1. Adventures Of Robot X by Pixel-Team
  2. Forty or the Modern Big Brother by SoapSud39
  3. Robot Surprise Party by samspade
  4. Final Battle by Kahrabaa
  5. Christmas with Uncle Tom by BluishGreenPro
  6. Party Animal by TehPilot, TheFugue
  7. The Matchmaker (HTML5 ONLY, OPEN FOLDER) by eimie
  8. Hero Huddle by ThinGinger
  9. Candles Have Feelings by JordanOttesen
  10. One Big Party by Gizmo199, shortbread
  11. Party Animals by ScaryPotato, Kalzme
  12. Wastoid Rodney by Cloaked Games, JosephEllis, BlakeNorth
  13. Me pARRty by ghandpivot
  14. Keyboard Hero by tadashibashi
  15. Crimson Festival by Alice, FunkyPoop
  16. Castle Meta by The M
  17. Candle Wars by Yozoraki
  18. Roborazzi by Kultisti, Sulo
  19. Party Mountain by AJTheApple
  20. Snake Dance by Greenblizzard
  21. Plague Rats by Nocturne
  22. GreymoorHall by Ninety
  23. Candle by Steelegms2
  24. Wham Bam Dan Jam Slam by GameDevDan
  25. Fiesta Down by VinylFly
  26. HealthBar by Fanatrick
  27. Survive the Party by Nejc Podlipnik
  28. The Party Must Go On by GVmG
  29. Survival Party by HayManMarc
  30. The Golden Balloon by Little Penguin Studios
  31. Jaguar Pogo Party by TotallyAverageGamez
  32. R-pg-ING by Micah_DS
  33. Crimson Guild's Glamorous Guest List by Mr Magnus
  34. get to the party by Wabb, sequential
  35. City Scuttler by Bearman_18
  36. Extinction Tea Party by Moon Goat
  37. Apocalypse party by aspiringgamemaker
  38. GMC Fruit Salad Surfer by Yal
  39. Your Brain On Party by thijsmie
  40. Quickly! Dispensegifts by Allison James
  41. Behemoth by sp202
  42. Fiesta Fist by Cristobal, MatthewPattel
  43. One Big Political Party by Terminator_Pony
  44. Dr Smiley's Brain Jam Party by Yal
  45. Fantasy Strategy Clicker by Julien, Hyomoto
  46. Crazy Waiter by Gatefiz, JP, Claire Dujardin, Benfik
  47. Demon Dance by Mightyjor, Twintertainment, Brett-Bit
  48. Need For Beats by Matharoo, BlaineTanuki, _aeternumgames
  49. Blackout by Siolfor the Jackal
  50. Florida Man by BreakfastBoy
  51. dawg the party animal by NivesStudio
  52. GMC Party Adventure by Imagine Galaxy
  53. Gangs Bash by D'Andrew Box
  54. The Scattered Army by Sirham
  55. Escape of the Clowns by kburkhart84
  56. Party Puker by Ben Stitt
  57. The Way Back To The Party by Noodlehead
  58. Party Paddles by Fusai
  59. Party Pooper by Lukan
  60. Party Parade by Tristan
  61. Color Splash by EvanSki
  62. Life Party by Cat

Comments:

Really nice game, not played much in this genre of game except Jazz Jackrabbit 2, but I really enjoyed my time here. Solid presentation and polish, good gameplay too.

No diagonal movement was off-putting. And I agree with what I heard some others say, it could have done with being harder in both non-hard and hard modes. But it's a decent start!

Behemoth by sp202

Not sure on the story or meaning behind this one, but it's a pretty cool idea.

Would have been awesome to leave messages behind for others at the end of the game and have them added to the messages at the side. Or do something to affect others future playthroughs.

Good presentation, game was a little on the short side, would like to see it expanded on though.

Candle by Steelegms2

Good game, animations and presentation was good. Gameplay was quite fun. The level seems to wrap, for candlefire at least, so I was able to fire right off the edge of the map, and hit enemies on the left of the map as the fire returned, a bit odd.

My main 2 gripes were the aiming, which I felt was a little difficult when restricted to the direction you were facing, and if stationary, it always seems to fire left, so you have to move towards enemies to hit them, which is odd when you mainly want to avoid enemies. The 2nd is that the camera is quite zoomed in, and when you're moving, it lags behind the player, meaning you get little to no warning that you're about to run into an enemy. But other than that, it's a solid concept and game.

Candle Wars by Yozoraki

WASD controls + Mouse is a little awkward for a left handed person, always good to add arrow key controls for those of us that need to use our right hand on a keyboard. :)

Nice Art. Good Concept. Very Pikmin.

I liked this game quite a lot, plays very similar to Pikmin, pleasant art to go along with the game, a nice selection of units, some story to go along with it. Good job.

I love the presentation here, the candle is animated well. The gameplay is nice and smooth, good, sometimes challenging platforming. One odd thing is that you can go off the right-hand side of the screen without anything stopping you. If you memorized the level well enough, I presume you could do the entire level off-screen. :p

Castle Meta by The M

Love the concept of leaving stuff behind for other players, the platformer is ok, and the power-ups are quite interesting. Good job.

Quite a wholesome and uplifting game, well, most of it was. :p Enjoyed it, was a nice palette cleanser in the middle of my playing through all the jam games.

Enjoyed this quite a bit, I'm a big fan of the Rogue game from the 80's, and this is like an updated version of it.

Color Splash by EvanSki

Evanski, it doesn't work! Why did you do this to Green Team?! :(

Controls are very difficult, although perhaps that's on purpose? I like the idea of it, although sometimes guests entirely block the doorways, meaning you can't do a flawless run. Gets a little frustrating.

An entertaining game, I'm definitely not very good at it though. Some of the sprites are so small it's difficult to work out the difference between striped/chequered etc. But it might be scaling on my TV causing that issue too.

The music loop drove me insane. Other than that, a fairly well presented game, with a few ideas.

Not a huge fan of rhythm games personally, but as far as they go, this one is ok!

I had a little difficulty with the fact that it sometimes misreads hitting a note slightly late as you pressing too early for the next note. Also the noise when you hit a key was a little distracting at times, especially on the track where it sounds the same as the drum beat.

Thought this was just Tetris at first, but changed into a slightly different game, which was a nice surprise.

I like the concept of the game, and the animation was quite smooth, although reverting to an idle animation would have been good when stationary. :D

A couple of issues, the red text is quite hard to read against the background, and the game seems to have been designed around a 1920x1080 screen, so playing on a smaller screen size means part of the game is cut off, and you disabled fullscreen switching as well as window resizing, so I wasn't able to view the full playing area.

Lovely game, enjoy the gameplay and concept of it, shame that there's no audio. Online highscores would be cool too.

Very slow-paced, perhaps too slow-paced. But I like the idea of it, could be quite fun with some polish, I play games like these from time-to-time. Definitely needs a button to send more than 1 soldier at a time into battle.

Fiesta Down by VinylFly

I like the gameplay loop, it's pretty fun, would be great as a party game with some friends I think, quite hectic.

The controls are insane in this game, and should be mentioned at least somewhere given how insane they are haha.

The actual gameplay is ok though, although I did find the dogs rather difficult compared to how easy humans were to defeat, and after dying to the dogs, no more enemies spawned again and it appeared I was soft-locked.

Final Battle by Kahrabaa

Really enjoyed this entry, wasn't sure if it ever ended as I played it a good while, but was fun to gather a big party.

Playing this with a headache might not have been the best idea, the sky is quite bright haha. The attacking is quite nice, and the crocodile/alligator is a good addition, although it can feel like a sudden power boost compared to using kicks. Sometimes I felt it didn't register my jumps properly, it looked like I was still on flat ground but I just fell.

Interesting story, I didn't realize Nocturne wasn't real though, my game would beg to differ.

The main thing I liked about this game is that it made me nostalgic about Crash Bash.

The thing that lets this game down is the lack of multiplayer and AI, I'm guessing you were meaning to add multiplayer due to the "ready" status at the bottom right of the map. Unfortunately, the AI is pretty bad at all the minigames except the button mashing race, and maybe the ball minigame. The tank AI, falling floor AI and race AI exhibits odd behaviour that makes them pretty easy to beat. Especially the floor AI and race AI.

I like the concept, it just needed a little more time to improve the AI.

A basic Lemmings clone, nice that you have the speed up/down feature. I did find it disorientating that I couldn't click the buttons to select power-ups and had to use the keyboard, but no worries.

Reminds me of the Flash games I played back in 2006-2008. Pretty fun, a lot of unlocks to progress through.

I found sticking to platforms to be more of a hindrance than a help. Nice that there was some voice acting and story though. :D

GreymoorHall by Ninety

Just an all-around good game, can be annoying as I saw on the Twitch streams for the host to be left alone, can take several minutes if the RNG plays poorly. But the concept is good.

HealthBar by Fanatrick

I find the concept really great and interesting, I did find it very difficult to make the colours required though, a tiny amount of mixing seems to change the colour greatly.

I like how this plays, I found the last boss a tad too difficult, I went in with about 90 party members and ended up losing, but I've seen others beat it, so it's probably not a problem.

Enjoyed this game, the movement felt like it should feel, and some nice platforming design. I did find the music a tad unfitting, but that's not terrible.

Loved this, really well executed. Thought the amount of keys would be overwhelming, but the layout just works for me at least. Well done. Best rhythm game in the jam in my opinion.

Life Party by Cat

Unable to play, Windows Defender removed the game when I unzipped the RAR.

Me pARRty by ghandpivot

This is a fun game, probably the main game I'd like to see turned into more.

I did find it odd using WASD to control the dialogue menus, but other than that, it's a fun little game with some good humour. Expanding this with a bigger map and slightly random events would make me consider paying money for it.

Ah, I would have really liked to have liked this game, unfortunately it's so difficult I couldn't even play what was probably 1/4 of a song. The rhythm seemed to at least match the notes, but there's so many buttons you have to press, and it moves so fast, that I just can't keep up with this. It's like playing Guitar Hero but the only difficulty option is Expert.

I think this would have ranked in my top 10 if it was easier, but it's pretty much unplayable unless you're skilled at rhythm games, which I guess the creators are.

Nicely polished game, feels good to play, and probably really fun if it was multiplayer. The movement felt a tad odd as your character has to slowdown slightly before changing direction, but it's a small detail.

An interesting idea I think, although the execution is a little flawed, winning/losing seems to be somewhat up to luck, doing a play-through where I tried to win, I ended up losing, and then another play-through where I touched nothing, and I won.

I like cats. I like this game. Lovely presentation all-around.

A nice collection of minigames, didn't have anyone to play with, but I imagine it could be quite fun with others.

Nice platformer, good physics and presentation. I appreciate the frequent checkpoints, as I'm not very good at platformers and it stopped me from getting frustrated.

Party Paddles by Fusai

If I had 8 players, I think this would be an interesting party game, being 1 person though, it wasn't too fun and felt very random.

Party Parade by Tristan

A fun little game for a short time, a little strange that there's no punishment for just mashing the buttons, so although there's a time window when an input is accepted, you can just mash the buttons to never lose.

Party Pooper by Lukan

Really basic game, doesn't really hold your interest more than a few seconds unfortunately.

Party Puker by Ben Stitt

Nice and short game, a good concept to perhaps build off of in the future?

Plague Rats by Nocturne

I like the concept, and the execution is mostly good, although the rat AI can get a tad stuck at times, and every now and then, a rat gets stuck at like 1/4 speed and gets left behind.

I think it's a good game though

Well, that was an experience. I had somewhat of a warning seeing others comments on the game, but it didn't fully prepare me. Fairly sure there are more dialogue lines with profanities in than without profanities in. Sadly all of them seemed to be profanities for the sake of being profanities and served no actual purpose, so I have no idea why they're in there, other than for the sake of generating controversy.

The game concept is ok though.

Interesting game, quite an experience. Not really played anything like it before, but I did quite enjoy it.

Love this little concept, well-made, well-presented. Quite challenging, but I've seen people beat it, so I know it's just me being bad.

R-pg-ING by Micah_DS

Nice concept. Like you yourself said, and a few others, there are some issues though haha. I think it was Tehpilot that said a smaller party size would have worked better, and I definitely agree, having 30 or so around you makes most of them end up being a nuiscance. Having just 8 (2 of each colour or something) around you would have been nice, perhaps with the ability to collect more if you lost some.

Not sure how it relates to the theme, but it's a good game, I like the concept, even though I'm pretty bad at it.

Quite liked this one, although found that the difficulty ramps up quite a lot after level 1.

I like the combat, feels satisfying to defeat enemies. Although when I died, I didn't respawn, I presume you have to restart the game.

A fun, wholesome, if short adventure. Definitely a nice break when playing through all the games.

I love this game, good music, which is important when playing this kind of game. The gameplay loop is good and the theme is adhered to.

Had to wait a bit at the start for orders to come through. Was a little slower than it needed to be.

But the driving of the trolley is good fun, like others have said, some indication of where to go would have been good, perhaps that idea plays more into a larger supermarket though. Given how small this one is, it may not be entirely needed, or made it too easy.

People are choosing odd toppings for their pizza's nowadays...

Quite a slow-paced game, and I wasn't sure of what direction I should head in first when I started, which made me lose a lot of health going to difficult enemies first. Some interaction in the battles would have been good, such as using a special ability etc.

Would have loved to have seen this more fleshed-out, it seems you can finish the game in about 3 key presses and there's not much reason to do anything else.

Difficult, but a good amount of polish and a nice vibe to the game.

Interesting game, sadly I don't get most of the references having not participated in many previous jams. I thought it was neat that each character played slightly differently, and there was such a wide selection too.

I was worried that this game would feel very over-whelming and stressful. But as it turned out, it wasn't so bad. A decent difficulty balance I think, while always making sure the player has something to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.