GMC Jam Games GMC Jam 40 Games Topic - ENTER HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalzme

Party Animals!
1 keyboard, 4 friends, 6 games. How many stars can you get?
@ScaryPotato & @kalzme
🍋 YELLOW GANG 🍋

DOWNLOAD

party_animals_small.gif
They happily bob their heads to the music of @JordanOttesen

A collection of fun single-button party games await you and up to 3 friends! Once you have tested each other's skill over 5 games, it's time to party....
oh, did we mention there is only 1 keyboard? Chaos is sure to ensue as each of you battle it out for those precious stars!

With 6 different games to choose, there is plenty of variety:
  • Pump it Up - Test your luck to see who can get the biggest balloon, but don't pop it!
  • Speedballers - Jump over those pesky cannonballs or get blown to smithereens, yarrr.
  • Topsy-Turvy - Do your best to keep the spinning top in your zone, and away from everyone else!
  • Keyboard Colours - Can you remember ALL the letters on the cards? And then press the correct key when your team's colour is revealed? Good luck!
  • Lil Zoomers - Hop into tiny go-karts and zip around the track, hopefully ahead of everyone else!
  • Fast Flippin' - Quick reflexes will get you the points on each card, but if you go over, you start to lose points. Do your math!

home.png
balloon.png
card.png
memory.png

Last edited:
B

Ben Stitt

Party Puker
by Ben Stitt

Download game

The premise is you don't do so well with big parties and have to leave before you puke.
The player has to navigate through party goers to make it to the door in time!
It's the second game I've made and the first game jam. Learned a whole lot and had a wonderfully fun weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toque

QUEEN

Well the Queen is throwing us a party!!! You can't get bigger than that! But there might be a few snags along the way..........

Ha ha. Always the same. Lots of art time and then getting a game in there. Im guessing the British can take a good joke.....

So I compressed things and reduced file sizes......... Its like 6.8 MB. I don't think my games are the ones causing download problems......haha

DOWNLOAD LINK

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 10.08.27 AM.png

BigParty.png

Last edited:
Dawg the party animal
(Green Gang supporter!)
This is my first game jam and I had to work Thursday / Friday, so I am massively behind. Hope I can manage to put everything together!!!

Nives the tripod sheepdog wants a cool party for her birthday. Her owner, Dawg, wants to make sure the party is nice: he has to invite all her friends and collect the goodies, while asking them to join the fray.
READY AND RELEASED (trying to see if I can put an audio on, but so far...)

Attachments

Last edited:
T

Tristan

Party Parade!
Tristan
(blue gang supporter, don't look at me that way)

link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MYGAbL0jQxi6NP8aG2kuTa3FzsW5MiZy/view?usp=sharing

Hit A and L to the beat and grow your band with Combos!!
If you ever played wii fit's rhythm march you'll get what I'm going for, I wish I knew how to make the game aline with the beat but that would take to long for the 72 hour jam.

a.PNG

First day I got the basic shapes in, and the beat bar logic. Took about 2 hours.
Second day, spent 4 hours on the onlookers and jokes, then gamemaker studio 2 went and descaled my 1500 by 400 sprite and you cant read most of it :(.
Final day, spent 2 hours making the combo system and drawing the marching band sprites, then I tested the game and made the final executable.

Ok, ok, if the mods don't let me have a blue team its red team I'm on.

Christmas with Uncle Tom
Bluish-Green Productions
Green Gang
EXE DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK | (Play in HTML5)

Itchio Banner.png

The theme immediately made me think of the big Christmas parties my family has thrown in years past. So here's "Christmas with Uncle Tom", a narrative "game" of stitched together memories from Christmases past. This "game" is mostly cutscene, sorry I couldn't get more choices / branching narrative into it with the limited time I had.
Controls:
  • Supports Keyboard / Gamepad / Mouse Control
  • Move / alternate dialogue options: WASD / Arrow Keys / Left Joystick
  • Talk: Space / Gamepad-South
  • Mute / Unmute Audio: M key
  • Pause: Escape / Start
    • Adjust Font choice from the Pause Menu for Sans-Serif and Dyslexic-friendly options!
  • Thursday: 2 hours
    • Brainstorming
    • Created full task list
  • Friday: 4 hours
    • Writing
  • Saturday: 10 hours
    • Sprites (1 hour)
    • Tileset + Creating house (2 hours)
    • Story Implementation (7 hours)
  • Sunday: 2 hours
    • Added BGM
    • Bug-fixing
    • Added some more decorative sprites
    • Updated Title-Screen / End Credits screens
    • Created Icon
    • Captured screenshots
    • Uploaded to Itch.io
    • Wrote this post
  • Total Time Spent: 18 hours

Last edited:

BretHudson

DUMBURK 9000
Code / Bret Hudson
Music / Allen Webster
Design / Bret, Allen, & Jared Cohen

🍋 Gang

https://gamejolt.com/games/dumburk-9000/590483

[I didn't manage to finish the game in full this weekend, but it is playable!]

jam-version.gif

Nothing makes a party of Space Vikings refuel after a long day of raiding like a big ol' party!

Fight monsters during the day to increase your loot, and party it up at night to recruit new party members!

Maybe someday they'll have the resources to build a Dyson sphere disco ball around their sun...​

Last edited:

Roldy

OK. I got my second COVID shot on Friday and it kind put my down for a couple days. Now starting on jam project with 10 hours to go.

Will link 'finished' project here.

Candle

You are a member of the ancient and most excellent order, the Candlekeepers. It is your duty to bring light into dark places! Venture into the depths of the er, cake, and enlighten your benighted brethren!

Candle: Now with *12.5% more powerups!

Controls: WASD, space to... fire. F1 to restart the room. I hope you enjoy!

1614562354694.png

download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PRVy8zEArRfLx412ZaLO4PCRtSmjWzhA/view?usp=sharing
other download (zip): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iU5p22IgsLBJ70_jiZCH4fyyX1wNPwJJ?usp=sharing

Thanks to the community at GMS discord, without which it would not be possible =]

Green team​

Party Animals!
1 keyboard, 4 friends, 6 games. How many stars can you get?
@ScaryPotato & @kalzme
🍋 YELLOW GANG 🍋

DOWNLOAD

View attachment 38427
They happily bob their heads to the music of @JordanOttesen

A collection of fun single-button party games await you and up to 3 friends! Once you have tested each other's skill over 5 games, it's time to party....
oh, did we mention there is only 1 keyboard? Chaos is sure to ensue as each of you battle it out for those precious stars!

With 6 different games to choose, there is plenty of variety:
  • Pump it Up - Test your luck to see who can get the biggest balloon, but don't pop it!
  • Speedballers - Jump over those pesky cannonballs or get blown to smithereens, yarrr.
  • Topsy-Turvy - Do your best to keep the spinning top in your zone, and away from everyone else!
  • Keyboard Colours - Can you remember ALL the letters on the cards? And then press the correct key when your team's colour is revealed? Good luck!
  • Lil Zoomers - Hop into tiny go-karts and zip around the track, hopefully ahead of everyone else!
  • Fast Flippin' - Quick reflexes will get you the points on each card, but if you go over, you start to lose points. Do your math!

You used my music! I'm honored! Stoked to play this!

Mercyssh

-By Mercyssh
(Special Thanks : @missnottobeknown)(Instagram)
GO GREENS!

DOWNLOAD LINK

You are the Party Detective. You have been hired by the host of the event to prevent a murder from happening. Out of the many guests, there is One Killer.
Remain undercover by doing your job as a waiter & janitor.
Eavesdrop on your guests conversations to find clues to who the killer is
And shoot the killer before they kill the timer or your cover runs out.

This was my first Game Jam using Gamemaker Studio 2 and my god it was fun.
4 Days of full time design and development was stressful but insanely rewarding.
There were moments where I was going to give up on the project
but I'm so glad I pulled through and was able to deliver!

Last edited:

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Escape of the Clowns(Link)
By: Kenneth Burkhart
Proudly representing the Crimson Guild!!!!!

My entry is as complete as can be in the time constraints. All 10 levels work, and are tested and beatable, though some are harder than others. This is what I'm calling an action puzzle game, with a more emphasis on the puzzle side. I'll let you get into the game to see the full story, but basically, ten clowns were kidnapped and it is up to you to guide them from captivity and torture.

Your clown is locked in a warehouse, with a crane that tries to drop boxes on him. You can move left and right and jump to climb stacks of boxes. By controlling where the boxes fall, you can trick the crane into making stacks that you can then climb to safety. But beware...there are dangers along the way. Not only can you get smashed by a falling box, but it is dangerous to even try to get on top of falling boxes. And then you also have to avoid spike traps on your way to the exits.

Features:
1. Different take on the common platformer
2. Puzzles that make you think fast
3. Red Team Pride
4. 10 levels that start off easy, teaching you basics, but ramping up difficulty
5. Hopefully, no gamestopping bugs
6. Easy to handle 4 key input(defaults to arrows), but can be reconfigured to almost anywhere on the keyboard, and any gamepads that are picked up as well.
7. All screens are either fast to pass by, or skippable with a keypress or mouse click
8. All buttons have key-based input as well(shown on the button text in parenthesis, like "Play Game ( P )" for example).
9. Pre-rendered 3d graphics(except where time didn't allow)
10. Humorous sound effects accompanied by great music from Kevin MacLeod.
11. Sound effects are not repetitive since my sound system automatically varies volume and pitch, keeping things consistently fresh
12. Each clown yells out in glee differently when you save them(listen for it when you reach the exits).
13. Savegame, it remembers what levels you beat in case you want to come back later
14. Play ANY of the 10 levels at any time(though I recommend you try to play in order to learn how things work)
15. Each level has a few quick tips to help understand what is going on.
16. And finally, BALLOONS!!!!!! These pop out of boxes that get smashed by heavier boxes.

Screenshots are in spoiler below. Thanks for playing. I highly welcome any feedback if you wish to share, via PM if you would like.

The following list are things I would have liked to do, but simply couldn't make happen due to Jam time constraints.
1. More mechanics, like springs that make you jump high, keys to unlock doors, buttons to make things happen, and more
2. More animations, for example, the clown has no idle animation, no edge teeter animation(arm spinning kind of thing), no death animation, and no exitting animation
3. More effects, like footstep dust kinds of things
4. Better menus, especially the level select screen

Screen1.jpgScreen2.jpgScreen3.jpgScreen4.jpgScreen5.jpg

Last edited:

Fanatrick

HealthBar

🍋 Gang
Description:

Take a role of a bartender in this color-mixing arcade game developed in under 12 hours!
  • Mix 3 basic colors (RGB) in order to produce a demanded cocktail​
  • Money is awarded depending on how close you got to producing the demanded cocktail​
  • Multipliers are granted for great servings​
  • Keep your patrons satisfied to keep the party going​
Controls:
  • A - Add red color​
  • S - Add green color​
  • D - Add blue color​
  • Spacebar - Serve the mix​
(Requires shader model 2.0 or newer compatible GPU)

Link: Itch.io

Last edited:

Moon Goat

EXTINCTION TEA PARTY

1614591598804.png

Moon Goat
NO TEAM
DOWNLOAD LINK

You play as a time traveler, visiting the year 20,020 A.D. to hold a fantastic tea party during the 8th extinction event on planet Koppai.
Unfortunately, your tea party has some uninvited guests - and it doesn't look like they're there to make friends!
Survive for as long as you can in this massive tea party gone crazy!

Everything uses the mouse.

I got horrible neck pain at the last minute, so unfortunately, no sound or music. :(

N

Nejc Podlipnik

Survive the Party

Green Gang POWER

DOWNLOAD

jam1.PNG jam2.PNG

General idea: I was going for a RPG roguelike. The connection with theme was suppose to be in the story but I wasn't able to get to that. Monsters are throwing ritual parties where they sacrifice humans. You know where this is going, it is up to you stop them and other stuff and it involves a big boss. The player can hold up to 3 modifications to his abilities that change gameplay somewhat.

1st 24h:
As usual I couldnt manage to join in on time... Nothing was done on day 1.
2nd 24h:
Started planing for the game, brainstorming some ideas. Found some new and old art that I could use for prototypin. On this day I managed to complete movement, collisions and sword object that is controlled by mouse. Sword changes sides (and depth) each attack so it looks like it's swinging left to right.
I also added some simple enemies that chase you.
Not the most productive day but it's a start.
3rd 24h:
On day 3 I was sceptical I can finish what I planed, but I grinded nonetheless. I was messing with knockback but for some wierd reason couldn't manage to get it working. Decided to just not have knockback for now and focused on other stuff.

Started playing with exploding sprites. Added some boxes than can be broken but at the moment don't drop anything. Made so that enemies explode into parts. I found this a very convenient way of doing death »animations«.

Added enemy spawner with help of shaun spaldings tutorial. Made some »balanced« and progressivly more »difficult« waves. Also added enemy states.
4th 24h: Now that was power day…8am to 3am next day with very little breaks. Managed to make a semi working prototype with a bit more than 60% of intended features. I'm still happy with the result and about the fact that I actually started something.

Added all the sound effects.

Accidentally recreated Karthus's Q ability when trying to make exploding enemies. Decided to left it as secondary ability since it looks kind of fun.

Added NPC that triggeres enemy spawner when interacted with. He then disappears and reappears when finished.

Made end chest that spawns when spawner is defeated. When opened, xp bursts out and fireworks start to fire.

In the end I really quickly put together a main menu system and pause system with seperate menu.

• Item/trinket pickips (modifications)
  • Room progression with a boss in the end. Player could choose which way to go after every finished room. Choices would be something like: normal dungeon, boss dungeon, puzzle, store,…
  • Knockback -.-
  • Bow and arrow

Ninety

logo.png
Made by Ninety for Crimson Guild.

A detective game where you are the killer.

GreymoorHall_4ifTZcf8oK.png

You've been invited to a dinner party at the opulent Greymoor Hall, but the other guests don't know that you're also planning to murder the host.
You'll need all your wits about you to gather information on the guests, murder the host unseen, and then frame someone else for the crime.

~ Download ~

Status
Not open for further replies.