Former Jam Host
ONE BIG PARTY
Thursday 25th February, 2021 12:00 UTC
Monday 1st March, 2021 12:00 UTC
- Any GMC member can take part in the GMC Jam. You must use GameMaker to create your game.
- Games must be made between 12:00 UTC on February 25th and 12:00 UTC on March 1st, and posted here in the games topic.
- You may use resources such as graphics, sounds and scripts that were made prior to the jam, as long as the bulk of your work takes place during Jam weekend.
- You may create one post per entry in the games topic. You may create this post before your game is finished and continue editing that post to update your progress, in fact you are encouraged to write a devlog!
- All entries must have a download link in the Games Topic before it closes at 12:00 UTC on March 1st.
- All entries must work on Windows as a standalone executable / compressed zip folder. No installers please. Your entry can also work in HTML5 and on other platforms, but most reviewers will only play the Windows entry.
- All entries are encouraged to follow the Jam theme. It isn't mandatory to do so, but you'll often get more favourable reviews from your peers!
- If you are participating in the clash of gangs mechanic (see the discussion topic for details) please include your gang color in your post.
Recommended post format:
You can keep editing your post to write a devlog about your game.Game Title
Developer Name / Team Name
GANG COLOR (if you picked a gang. Red / Green / Yellow)
DOWNLOAD LINK (when finished)
- maybe a screenshot here -
- your devlog here -
You can also post in the discussion topic as you develop your game.
Do not post more than one post per game in the games topic.
Suggestions - please read!
We have some new suggestions for the GMC Jam 40, because it's the 10 year anniversary and we're expecting a lot of entries!
- PLEASE, optimize the file size of your game. This is a four day game jam, you don't need 500MB of .wav audio files bulking out your project. Make sure you set your music files to "compressed" in the sound editor in GameMaker, and we'll all be happy.
- Make your Games Topic post pretty! We are expecting a lot of entries this time, some reviewers may simply pick the most interesting games from this topic instead of playing every single entry. Spare some time in your jam schedule to make your post here look attractive.