GMC Jam Discussion GMC Jam 40 - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL πŸŽ‰

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
@Mr Magnus - I commend you for just how proudly you're displaying your colours in your avatar/sig

Hard to believe it's been ten years since the first jam - I think the theme was 'Pancakes' if I remember right? I will make an effort to compete in this one as it looks like it's gonna be big!
Yes! The theme was pancakes, and the jam was won by @Greenblizzard (🍐) with Moose's Pancake Adventure, which looked like this:

Fanatrick

If I missed/mistook someone, please let me know (and point out to wherever that person pledged their allegiance).
Code:
Red                     Green                   Yellow
---                     -----                   ------

Alice                   ghandpivot              The M
Mightyjor               woodsmoke               Toque
Gizmo199                Greenblizzard           HayManMarc
Nocturne                matharoo                ChessMasterRiley
Mercerenies             GVmG                    SoapSud39
Bart                    Pat Ferguson            pixeltroid
Dr. Wolf                EvanSki                 NAL
kburkhart84             Lukan                   dadio
Xor                     Kepons                  Yal
Yozoraki                Cloaked Games           GMWolf
Roldy                   VallejoCustomGaming     Rui RosΓ‘rio
TheSnidr                RichHopefulComposer     sylvain_l
RekNepZ                 Chasersgaming           SamBean
                                                BretHudson
Pledged to banana gang here.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Quite an influx of Yellows recently, while greens are falling behind now. What a turn of events...
Code:
Red                     Green                   Yellow
---                     -----                   ------

Alice                   ghandpivot              The M
Mightyjor               woodsmoke               Toque
Gizmo199                Greenblizzard           HayManMarc
Nocturne                matharoo                ChessMasterRiley
Mercerenies             GVmG                    SoapSud39
Bart                    Pat Ferguson            pixeltroid
Dr. Wolf                EvanSki                 NAL
kburkhart84             Lukan                   dadio
Xor                     Kepons                  Yal
Yozoraki                Cloaked Games           GMWolf
Roldy                   VallejoCustomGaming     Rui RosΓ‘rio
TheSnidr                RichHopefulComposer     sylvain_l
RekNepZ                 Chasersgaming           SamBean
mr magnus                                       BretHudson
TWebberX                                        Fanatrick
                                                kalzme
                                                ceaselessly
                                                Micah_DS
                                                Sk8dududu
(TWebberX declared their allegiance in the Discord server, by the way)

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
Here's a list I made on the old forum during Jam18 of the games I found most memorable. Still holds up well

Mercerenies

Here's a list I made on the old forum during Jam18 of the games I found most memorable. Still holds up well
Hey! I made it on the cool kids' list! For a dumb joke I made in two hours, but still :p

Mr Magnus

Viking King
The bedroom door! I remember that game. I was quite proud of that idea, a crude as hell testament to the fact I can't draw if my life depended on it with the most sappy story I've ever written. Good times.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

The Bedroom Door was crazy-talk levels of interesting.

Ohhh yeah, Jam 18, where I had no intention to join, but TheUltimate (where is she?!) and Snail Man (huh! he's also disappeared..) were creating The World Has Gone M.A.D. (very fun!) and ran into some kind of bug or balance issue or something, and because of TheUltimate's experience with my solving some project-ending issues with post-Jam Julius Dragonslayer, she said, hey, why not seek my advice. I helped via black box testing. Then, they're like, uh, wanna keep helping with black box playtesting? Lol. Sure. "SNAIL_MAN and THEULTIMATE PRESENT with help from ParodyKnaveBob" happened, and the 2.5 person team sometimes named me, sometimes didn't, and that's the story of how I accidentally joined a GMC Jam I never entered. $X^ D

Mr Magnus

Viking King
TheUltimate still comes around the GMC:D Discord every once in a while. I'm still in full contact with Snail Man though. I'll let him know you're wondering about him!
About that, you wouldn't happen to have the link to that discord would you? I don't use it very often but I imagine it might be fun to listen in on the conversation.

Micah_DS

Though I wasn't active on the forums back then, I'm enjoying seeing the old jam games and getting a little retrospect. Strangely, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic myself. It must be because I've been part of the GameMaker community since the beginning, making and playing other GameMaker games. I just wasn't active on any forums 10+ years ago (aside from ZFGC, because I really wanted to make a Zelda fan game in my early days of game making).

Anyway, it looks like those were some golden times. I wish I was around to jam back then.

Ah, one more thing:
? ? ? ? I ? ? ? ? ? ?
T E A M | Y E L L O W ;)

Micah_DS

Just added this to the prize pool:
For the game that wins 'Best Use of Theme', I will give the most special in-depth review that I can muster.
As usual, I'm still planning on participating in the voting and reviews for all games. This will be different than that.

I'm planning to make it a video review, but I didn't want to say in the actual prize description, since I'm not 100% sure.
All I know is I'll try my best to make it worth checking out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.