GMC Jam Discussion GMC Jam 40 - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
What's the software people here have used to easily record GIFs? I'm gonna wanna show some soon enough and never got around to setting that up.

ghandpivot

What's the software people here have used to easily record GIFs? I'm gonna wanna show some soon enough and never got around to setting that up.
LICEcap, installs in less than 10 seconds and does it all perfectly simple. Don't forget to increase the framerate though.

curato

screentogif I use that for all my GIF releated stuff. All my twitter posts about my main project are made with it. And its free.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
screentogif I use that for all my GIF releated stuff. All my twitter posts about my main project are made with it. And its free.
I just grabbed it, I think it will work better than LICECap since it not only records but also let's you open the thing up right then and there and fix the frames up. It also exports video so can work as a basic screen recorder.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
giftest2.gif
Very in progress clown walk. I haven't done the upper body yet. Note that this is going to be pre-rendered to 64x128 or so and therefore the defects won't be as obvious :)

curato

I just grabbed it, I think it will work better than LICECap since it not only records but also let's you open the thing up right then and there and fix the frames up. It also exports video so can work as a basic screen recorder.
Yeah I use it for just that reason you can trim it up and save it right there.

D

Deleted member 45063

Fell asleep for a few hours so not much got done. I did do a quick sketch of the cannibal.

Another standings update...
Code:
Red                     Green                   Yellow
---                     -----                   ------

Alice                   ghandpivot              The M
Mightyjor               woodsmoke               Toque
Gizmo199                Greenblizzard           HayManMarc
Nocturne                matharoo                ChessMasterRiley
Mercerenies             GVmG                    SoapSud39
Bart                    Pat Ferguson            pixeltroid
Dr. Wolf                EvanSki                 NAL
kburkhart84             Lukan                   dadio
Xor                     Kepons                  Yal
Yozoraki                Cloaked Games           GMWolf
Roldy                   VallejoCustomGaming     Rui Rosário
TheSnidr                RichHopefulComposer     sylvain_l
RekNepZ                 Chasersgaming           SamBean
mr magnus               aspiringgamemaker       BretHudson
TWebberX                garrlker                Fanatrick
Lumenflower             O.Stogden               kalzme
Cat                     JosephEllis             ceaselessly
Posh Indie              Director_X              Micah_DS
Siolfor the Jackal      ChrisC                  Sk8dududu
curato                  Slow Finger             Poizen
mp                      BluishGreenPro          ScaryPotato
CrunchCaptain           biyectivo               bandman28
TehPilot                Blake                   Josh Chen
Stellar                 Steelegms2              zenousX
DanDeMedicMan           Mercyssh                samspade
FunkyPoop               MatthewPattel           Sirham
ghlossa                 maartenvt               Spider__
GrizzliusMaximus        Bearman_18              nevercade
shortbread                                      Fernando Gonzalez
AJtheApple                                      Roa
Shadyman                                        NoodleHead
Not counting Kyon in team green, since so far they just said they want to join team with fewest members, they've yet to say which team they join in the end.
How do I add myself to red?

Mr Magnus

Viking King
I have a hard time believing I'll be able to pull this together into something worth playing haha

The hell you talking about? I want to play that already and all I know about it is that it involves a 3D ship and pirate island!

All right; after a quick six hour break to go to the theater we finally have the background in which the entire game takes place!

1614296250289.png

Now all I have to do is.... make the actual game

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
The hell you talking about? I want to play that already and all I know about it is that it involves a 3D ship and pirate island!

All right; after a quick six hour break to go to the theater we finally have the background in which the entire game takes place!

View attachment 38316

Now all I have to do is.... make the actual game
Reminds me of the Jetz games Shawn64 made way back. Will this also have ripped emo-rock music?

Mr Magnus

Viking King
Reminds me of the Jetz games Shawn64 made way back. Will this also have ripped emo-rock music?
Sadly no, I'm thinking more of a smooth jazz. However I will not stop players from playing emo-rock music in the background as they play my game.

bandman28

Why is everyone messaging their progress? Just put it in your devlog
There is so many posts it’s hard to keep up!

S

SamBean

Ooooh I'm an idiot. I totally forgot about time zones and didn't think it started until tomorrow for me. Looks like I'm starting my first jam a day late 🤦‍♂️

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
Hmmm... got more done today than I thought!
I mean its still almost nothing but I am HAPPY.
Ya can check out my WIP.exe in ma post in da main topic der.
(A little intro thing is half done but has yet to be finalized.... but first I gotta add some a dat core GAMEPLAY I heard so much about lol!)
Plz let me know if the current WIP "wobble" makes you feel sick etc!
Later y'all!

PS: DON'T DO DRUGS KIDS!

0000XXX.jpg

At the least they are clown slippers?!?! The guy is actually supposed to be a normal clown but being kidnapped doesn't help his personality...
That makes even more sense! What else would he be wearing if he was chilling at home? Clown pyjama and slippers of course! 😂
You may not realize it, but you do know how to pitch a game, mate!:banana:

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Being good and being commerically succesful are worlds apart! Did you browsed Steam or listened to the radio, lately?
I haven't done much browsing of Steam recently, but I promise I know exactly what you mean...that said I still consider myself more lucky than good, but they do say it is better to be lucky than good so I'm very possibly better off that way.

ghandpivot

I've got collisions down. Takes a huge amount of time to manually guess the coordinates for every point of the 2D rectangle hitbox of every model...

At the moment all models are cluttered in the spawn for testing, I'm thinking of moving them out to sea and making it a slow adventure to find them all. I'm pretty much out of time though.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
This is a mockup of mine. @GameDevDan is there enough colorful silliness for you?
It's pretty colorful! Needs more crazy stuff flying about all over the place tho

Uh oh... You wanted vibrant, colourful silliness? That's worrying for my game...
Good job I don't pick the winner :p

Didn't mean to say it to worry anyone btw - just thought it was interesting I expected people to go for wild hyped up party stuff but it still looks like we've got a few moody/atmospheric entries on the go :)

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Lost way too much time and energy debugging stuff yesterday, but I've got tons of new ideas for new puzzle elements! It's gonna be interesting to see if this game gets chaotic in the "fun" way or the "unplayable" way, it's kinda balancing on the knife's edge right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.