• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Jam Discussion GMC Jam 40 - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL πŸŽ‰

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
THE JAM HAS NOW STARTED!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

D

Deleted member 45063

Already posted the draft concept art I created a couple days ago ahah

The M

Hype! Too bad I'm at work and can't start already. Plus, google hashcode runs tonight so I won't be able to start on my game until late

Gizmo199

Man I am weirdly nervous and excited at the same time for this jam. Usually Im a cucumber but this feels different! Soooooo amped right now!

D

Deleted member 45063

Added two basic AI implementations (the initial red square chases the closest teal square and the teal squares move randomly) and the zombification mechanics.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
*spends half the workday in GIMP / Game Maker instead of working*

Slowly but surely getting somewhere! There's illegal array access bugs that makes the preview 100% inaccurate, and the different extra rulesets for colormatching/wildcards/etc also aren't actually in the game yet, but it looks legit at a glance!
1614274458688.png

G

GVmG

had an idea:

since my game will have a fake chat where people tell you what to buy for the party, i wanna use the nicknames of peeps who joined the different teams, maybe even color-code the nicknames based on their team

so, if anyone wants to be left out of the list, do tell me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
That gradient on the score points is beautiful, I might end up just color-picking that to put in my palette archives, just a heads-up! πŸ˜‚
I genuinely like the way the $FF00FF / $00FFFF vaporware gradient looks, I try to get away with it everywhere I can these days :p

Status
Not open for further replies.