• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Jam Results GMC Jam 33 - Results

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder

(small image for @TehPilot's signature)

Full Rankings

1 :: Pagefault :: TehPilot
2 :: GR1D_0 :: Baukereg
3 :: Powerout: The Adventures of a Broken Robot :: Cat & Var
4 :: Toggld :: Lazertrax
5 :: Timer :: orSQUADstra
6 :: Motti :: Relic
7 :: Lights Out :: TinyGamesLab
8 :: Elephants Don't Play Video Games After Dark :: wkaudio & KaraLynn.cosplay
9 :: Grid Pause :: The M
10 :: Something Scary :: bearman_18
11 :: Blabbit in the Headlights :: GameDevDan
12 :: Tricky Farming! :: Paul & Sergio
13 :: Jasmine Laslo - Switch U On :: NAL
14 :: game_end() :: ghandpivot
15 :: Once Upon In Albimore :: MilesThatch
16 :: Rebot :: HayManMarc
17 :: Break/Link :: Alice & Siolfor The Jackal
18 :: RoBros :: BeardyElf
19 :: Lightbulb :: sp202
20 :: Reflector Sector :: Woodsmoke
21 :: How We Find Home :: Lt. Farfetch'd
22 :: Server Reset :: MikeeyBikeey
23 :: Dusk... :: Dallas Riley & Riley O'Neail
24 :: ... :: Misu & Yal
25 :: Occupational Hazard :: Cheshy & SamSam
26 :: Hungry Thing :: Shadow_Lancer
27 :: Greenshield the Brave :: Mercerenies
28 :: Ghostlight :: Doug M
29 :: On and off, Back and forth :: Mercerenies
30 :: Neet Retreat :: JacobV
31 :: Computer IT :: Michael McMullen
32 :: Cat Factory :: Toque
33 :: Off and On in the Octagon :: Bentley
34 :: Save The Lights :: KPJ
35 :: Fun Park :: Bart
36 :: Gung-ho Pro Commando :: Roa
37 :: Shield Shuffle :: Curato
38 :: Matsu Switch! :: TheMiningBoyAlpha
39 :: PAINTB***H 2.0 :: Lukan
40 :: Switch Glitch :: Silas the Dev
41 :: Office Shape Saviour :: Pixel Poison

Awards

Best use of theme: ghandpivot, Alice & Siolfor The Jackal
Best concept: TehPilot, wkaudio and KaraLynn.cosplay
Best Presentation: Lazertrax
Best Story: sp202
Best Devlog: Lt. Farfetch'd, Bart, Misu & Yal

Results Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OwqhsfZ2Dj9czUmMDwci5OWYbtXtJObJv-jjZ7rehqY/edit?usp=sharing

curato

Wow, I didn't think a no vote hurt your position so much. Anyways fun jam. I hope to put a post jam version out with some of the suggestion from feedback in there.

Toque

Congrats. There were lots of fun games. I think my game was where it should be. Thank you for the kind comments. I look at the top 20 and I can't say any of them shouldn't be there. Really good stuff this jam.

B

Baukereg

Congratulations to everyone who made a game, and big big thanks to all the reviewers! I had a lot of fun playing all entries.

I didn't expected to end up 2nd. I thought puzzle games to be too niche. I only started doing game jams recently and this is just my 3th entry (you can find my two other attempts at https://baukereg.itch.io/). Previously I fell into the endless abyss of over scoping, so this time I wanted to make a smaller game yet more polished and finished. I guess that plan turned out pretty well. But the most important to me are the lessons I've learned and all the valuable feedback I've received. I'm already working on a post-jam final game and thanks to your feedback I have a clear picture of how to improve it. See you next jam!

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Oh, we got the Best Use of Theme award, apparently!

I'm glad that - despite the fair criticism our entry got for not explaining itself properly - those who *did* get the entry appreciated its use of theme. I tried my best to come up with a concept that, while using the theme literally, would still stand out among the others.
(thank goodness we didn't go for the plain light-switching navigation mechanic; this has been used *a lot*)

Also, congratulations to the winners and all the participants. Special mention goes to @sp202 who managed to make a Best Story entry in a pretty short timeframe.

HayManMarc

Congrats to the winners, especially @TehPilot -- your games are always top tier. IMO, every game entry, though some weren't as great as others, had good qualities about them. Good work, everyone!

My game, Rebot, captured 16th place! I'm very happy with that, since it was unfinished and unbalanced. I appreciate all the comments and reviews, big thanks to all the reviewers!

L

Lt. Farfetch'd

Congrats all on some wonderful entries. I got really bogged down in stuff and didn’t manage to play them all, but those I did looked really great. :)

@GameDevDan I think you might have moved a point for me from the ‘story’ to ‘devlog’ column, resulting in me incorrectly jointly winning the devlog category. I didn’t actually have a devlog to speak of. :p

Bart

WiseBart
Congratulations to everyone! And congratulations to a well-earned top 3!

Also a great thanks to those who reviewed my game for the useful feedback!
Simply put I overscoped my entry. Put quantity above quality and playability. Again...

Honestly I'm quite surprised by the shared Best Devlog award :D

Sk8dududu

Really great first jam experience. I'm so thankful for the handful of people that enjoyed my game, and for everyone giving feedback.
I really expected to get a better place than 23/41 going into the jam. But there is some really tough competition so I won't beat myself up too much. Good job, everyone.