The games of...

THEMES:
OVERCOME ALL ODDS
ADAPTATION
CHEMICAL REACTIONS

Rules​

Who?
  • any GMC member is welcome to participate in GMC Jam and submit their entry
  • each entry must be made by a single GMC member or a team of up to 3 people; people outside GMC can be in the team, as long as at least one GMC member is in that team
  • any version of GameMaker can be used to create an entry
  • each participant can make or contribute to as many entries as they want, but they can only claim rewards for one of them (unless the reward is given specifically for the entry)
  • each entry must have a single post in this Jam's games topic (opened once the Jam officially starts), and no two entries can share the same post
  • the Games topic post can be used to present the entry progress; it can also contain a devlog
  • by the time the Jam ends, each Games topic post must contain a valid link to the entry downloadable file

How?
  • each entry must have a single, its own post in this very topic; no two entries can share the same post
  • each post in this topic must be related to a single entry; the place for discussion is the discussion thread, not the games topic
  • the entry post can be used to present the entry progress, as well as a devlog
  • you are free to use any devlog format as long as you can make it work in a forum post
  • by the time the Jam ends, the entry post must contain a valid link to entry files to qualify
  • ensure you give yourself wriggle room in the time you submit your game, and make sure you know exactly when the Jam ends - late entries may still be accepted and judged, however they will not be included in the bundle of entries

What?
  • the entry must be an original creation made in GameMaker (any version) specifically for the Jam, within the Jam timeframe
  • the entry might use assets (graphics, audio, scripts, extensions, Marketplace resources etc.) created before the Jam, whether by team members or someone else; however, the credits should make clear where the assets come from and which were made before the Jam
  • the creators of the entry must have rights to all of the assets; unlicensed use of resources is not allowed
  • the entry must be available as a Windows executable file, exported as a stand-alone file or as a ZIP; installers are not allowed
  • the entry might be exported to other platforms as well (such as HTML5 or Android), but the Windows executable must be available
  • the entry must not require admin privileges to run or mess with the system in any other way

Remember, as everywhere else, general Community Guidelines apply.

Recommended format​

To make things easier for participants, Jam host and the person who compiles the ZIP, guidelines about entry post and file structure has been prepared. It's not mandatory to follow, but it's recommended, as it keeps things organised and makes wrapping up entries easier.

The template in the spoiler below is suggested for entry post. If you have your own creative idea about it, by all means go for it, but please do include:
  • the game title
  • the list of team members and a team name; or just your own username if you go solo
  • the theme(s) you built your game around
  • the download link, clearly labeled as "DOWNLOAD"

Code:
[center][size=7]The Best Game Title in the World[/size]
[size=5]by [b]My Username[/b][/size]                        // if the game is made by one person
[size=5]by [b]Team XYZ[/b] (Xerxes, Yeti, Zed)[/size]       // if the game is made by a team
[size=5]by [b]Xerxes[/b], [b]Yeti[/b], [b]Zed[/b][/size]                         // if the team has no official name

[img]http://link-to-screenshot.com/[/img]           // if you have a screenshot
<no screenshot yet>                                 // if you don't

[size=6][url=http://download-link.net/]DOWNLOAD[/url][/size]        // if you have a playable version
<no download yet>                                                   // if you don't yet
    // you might also include additional download mirror links
    // or e.g. link to the game page or topic in Made with GameMaker
    // but the download should be the first link of all
[/center]

// after that, present the devlog however you like, within rules

Additionally, when you wrap up entry files to download, it is suggested that you:
  • make sure it's not an installer
  • make a folder called "Entry Title by Author", or "Entry Title by Team Name", or "Entry Title by Comma, Separated, Authors", put unpacked game file(s) directly in that folder, and ZIP the whole folder
  • add a 120x120px thumbnail that will be displayed by Jam Player, so that your game is recognised more easily
  • make a README file with credits, especially if you used external assets; files with README in name are recognized by Jam Player
  • if your README file is necessary to play the game (e.g. it includes the instructions not available in the game), call it README_PLEASE; if README is not required to play the game, please use the regular README
  • if there's some additional information you need the voter to know after they play the game, but before they vote, you might make an AFTERWORD file (also recognized by Jam Player); there you might mention cheat codes, explain the use of theme(s) if it's not obvious or revealed at the late point in the game etc.
  • if you still have some time, playtest the game and send it to your little dog, too; there are few things ruining the experience more effectively than crashes!
  • make sure it's not an installer, just once again for a good measure

Once again, following these guidelines is not obligatory, but it'll be appreciated.

Now let the Jamming commence!

Last edited:
M

Misu

A jam game by Misu and Yal

Roy has establish a new plot on brewing the best liquor for his own pleasure of sanity, but the neo-nazis have stolen all the chemicals needed to create the idea. Now Roy must travel into the 5th dimension (where the neo-nazis universe is position) and retreive all chemicals back. Dodge your way through several traps and gaps. Defeat the neo-nazis in this amazing 3D raging adventure!

DEVLOGS are on my Twitch account!

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

Relic

by Relic

DOWNLOAD
Based on the theme "Chemical Reactions", you are an enzyme in the digestive tract. Aid digestion in the mouth, stomach and small intestine by acting as a catalyst to break down food substrates using the "lock and key" model of enzyme mechanisms.
Got an idea down. It will be based on the theme "Chemical Reactions". The body digests foods using enzymes - a chemical that acts as a catalyst to assist with the chemical changes required of the food we eat. You play the role of the enzyme. Breaking down substrates (food) is modelled as a lock and key mechanism when teaching the concept. The enzyme (you) must fit with the correct orientation and position of a food substrate for long enough for the reaction to take place.

Sort of an action tower defence (there might be a better genre-cant think of the name). Stop the substrates moving left to right across the screen. Challenge comes from the need to use the lock and key mechanism while also maintaining temperature and pH conditions to be optimal which speed up the reactions. More substrate unlocks results in more points.

Have basic controllers in and stole my main menu from other games I've made. Player can do translational movement but annoyingly the way I've coded my gamepad input results in the player being able to be "flicked" in the opposite direction when the thumbstick is let go (rather than gracefully slowing down to a stop). Dead zone needs to be made way too high to stop this so I'll have to code in separate x and y accelerations so the player can't simply maintain speed while doing a quick 180. It's good night for now.

Plan for tonight:
Finalise movement of player. Have enemies move in from left of screen and "lock and key" mechanism - slot into food substrates for a set time to break them apart.

Mission accomplished.

Today spent 3 hours working on environmental conditions the player must maintain. Temperature and pH levels have an optimal value - the values can be manipulated by entering zones. If too far from either temp or pH optimal level then player cannot break down the food.

Spent a sneaky half hour at work working on some background sprites. This evening I did some tweaking of the breaking down mechanism and added some more food substrates. Was feeling good and looking like I was ahead of schedule so dipped into an online high score system - big mistake. 2 hours worth of fiddling with code from a tutorial and all I have is at best a high score table that won't upload and every other time just errors that crash the game.

I should prioritise systems that will make a playable game work by day 10 and bells and whistles till later.

Spent the evening working on adding a timer, high score functionality (which works now) and a few graphical improvements, including particle effects.

Next job, change the genitalia looking food substrate lol.

Added more particle effects. Made some cool circular bars - these things are versatile to be used in future projects. The bars show the optimal conditions for pH and temp and become more "in your face" by increasing alpha and colour choice the further the player is from the optimal conditions.

Thought I was doing something a bit unique but there are a handful of assets in the marketplace that do this already (and probably better). Still, first time I've used primitives so it was a learning experience worth having.

Home Stretch now. Worked on a tutorial and elements that provide a unique challenge to each level. Finish graphics tomorrow, menu screen pause screen Saturday, sound and music Sunday, ready to submit! REALLY enjoying the 10 day format - cause I'm going to make something I am proud of an not a buggy mess like last time.

More graphics today. Fixed up the tutorial a bit. Last 10% of a game always takes the most time!
Giphy does not want to take my uploads anymore.
All done!.... and all uploaded!..... and of course I find a bug after all that. Just don't rely on the pause screen pausing the timer too! :p

Last edited:

samspade

OVERCOME
Sam Spade

Title Small.png

Themes: Adaptation (and overcome all odds)

Game Jam Goals
  • Make a game.
  • Use the process of making a game to try new things.
  • Have fun.
New Things to Try in the Jam
  • The jam itself
  • A Devlog
  • A specific (and probably rigidly enforced) work pattern of design on paper then code.
  • Build in visual debugging from the start
  • Build in better run-time value tweaking
  • Gifs of gameplay
  • Shaders (eventually)

Game Start

I have a basic idea and theme choice, and I've spent about an hour mapping out a simple project layout and first steps. Theme choice is adaptation with a second of overcome all odds. Short description of the game is this: a single screen game where you fight through waves of enemies that evolve in response to your play style.

I've messed around with 'evolving' objects through code before but never enemies. Certain elements would be easy (health, speed, damage amount, damage type, etc.) but if the project goes well two more complicated areas I'd like to try would be actual enemies (can I come up with some system where the component parts of an enemy change over time rather than just variables) and actual AI (can I come up with some system to add or remove entire states from enemies).

Update 1: I've created the basic outline of the project and started implementing it. It's top-down. In the theme of trying new things, I've decided to use vector movement. So I got my vector library up and running and got the player to move using vectors. Then I created a simple wave spawner. Since the theme I've chosen is adaptation I decided to make the spawner more flexible than normal. So it contains a list of alarms (which spawn enemies) that can I can add or remove from at will.

Spawner GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/3NwPAjRBYRk4epbK81/giphy.gif

Then I sketched out the basics of the player states and attacks. I'm keeping it simple so there aren't many but it has several things I've never done before like a combo system and a moderately complex stamina system. Next on the list is some basic enemies. My goal for day one is to get the basics of the primary systems done (player, enemies, waves) and then to think about how to set up an evolution system for the enemies. Also to figure out how to make a gif of the progress so far.

Update 2: Player state machine is done for now. Basic attack and combos are set up. Along with stamina, health, knockback, and a couple other things. Next step is to take some time and figure out some basic enemy types (instead of having them just run straight at you and die).

Enemies So Far: https://media.giphy.com/media/MuGixlTNSjEoX1LMSi/giphy.gif

Update 3: My enemies are more fleshed out. I currently only have two, but I've got it set up so that their entire state machine is plug and play (in a sense) which means that same enemy instance can have its states modified while the game is running, effectively allowing for combinations that I don't specifically program. Tomorrow my plan is to start creating the states and weapons necessary for sufficient diversity and come up with a way for the enemies to "adapt" to the player.

Enemies Update: https://media.giphy.com/media/3MhApwVv3ATNRRuwIx/giphy.gif

Update 1: Started working on weapons. Have a decent melee weapon set up now and will start working on ranged weapons. Also sketched out a basic process for the evolution or adaptation process. My goal today will be to get enough weapon and state diversity that there is something to evolve and then implement the evolution system. Also came up with a name.

Update 2: Finished a number of ranged weapon. I haven't added any state diversity yet except between ranged and melee, but the evolution system is next up. Here are my two favorite ranged weapons at the moment.

Missiles GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/40bzuiYTTWSVXNMY50/giphy.gif
Spikes GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/4TpMuHFNXyMCgYI6sZ/giphy.gif

Update 3: The adaptation handler is up and running. It doesn't do anything interesting yet, but it does tend to slowly select for enemies with greater health. When I first started testing it, the enemies were actually decreasing in health and I couldn't figure out why until I realized that I was including the enemies actual hp in their dna array when they died, which was 0, not their max hp. Tomorrow the goal will be to add more state diversity and then get the adaptation handler to actually do something interesting.

Update 1: State diversity has been improved to a point that I am satisfied at the moment. There are two move states for both ranged and melee and four attack states for melee (which work with all melee weapons). While the variations will be minor just counting weapon and state combinations there is the possibility of more than 50 enemies, though my guess is it will probably feel like only 20 or so. In addition to the above, I made some minor improvements in a couple areas, refactored some code and got the dna_grid to draw to the screen. Next up is rethinking the following areas. 1) How are enemies built from dna? 2) what dna is passed on? And 3) Most important, how is dna fitness determined?

Update 2: Building enemies, dna passing and fitness have all been tweaked and are working better. Certainly the enemies change over time and get harder. Mostly because fitness still prioritizes health and damage. Getting it to prioritize more powerful states is going to be the tough part, and may not even work. However, even if all I've done is created an overly complicated mix and match randomizer it's been good. At this point the goal is to get a more solid gameplay loop going so that I can start playing the game for real in order to continue to define the above three questions. Final goals for tonight if I have time will be add a ranged attack for the player (since I've added a lot more ranged enemies than I thought I would) and sketch out a timeline for the rest of the jam.

Update 3: Better gameplay loop and ranged combat for the player added in. I realized in working out the timeline that I don't have nearly as much time as I thought. I'm three days in, but at least three and a half of the remaining days will have no programming at all. And of the remaining three and a half I'll only be able to put in maybe the same amount of time as I put in the last three days. So about half of my time is used. Current plan is start on the 'art' Tuesday.

Gameplay: https://media.giphy.com/media/1XgHDBWYZePYNhiOLW/giphy.gif
Gameplay: https://media.giphy.com/media/64a9my4RBaAbczLBMX/giphy.gif

No coding done at all.

Update 1: I intended to start on art. Instead I did the main menu, pause menu, credits, camera, gamepad support, and full gameplay loop (start, win, loss, etc.). The game is now fully playable. And in some sense feature complete. It has no art, sound, music, and the gameplay is unbalanced and not great. I may still be able to get started on the art a little tonight, but we'll see. I'm really happy about my menu system as I used my own button pack asset to create it and it made it as easy as I hoped it would all while supporting mouse, keyboard, and gamepad. My camera system also worked out nicely and can be toggled on and off in debug mode. Art is next and while I code the art in, I'll try to get the game to be fun too.

Update 2: Got a chance to test one of my ideas for progromatic art. It's honestly so much better than I could have hoped. Which isn't to say that its great but that I can definitely get the entire game to run with this style and look alright without having to do any actual drawing. Unfortunately, I basically can't code again until Friday.

Actually had a chance to mess around a little bit with a few of the art ideas. Made some general progress. Mostly in figuring out what I don't want to do.

No coding done at all.

Update 1: Music is in (it's just one song). But it did finally get me to download Audacity and learn a little bit about it. I've done very little with audio in GM before and it's slowing me down a bit. I'm trying to get a decent crossfade going, but it isn't working yet. No sound effects, but I've started to make a list of the ones I'll need. Decent progress on art. The menus are up. The only thing I need in that area are the credits and controls (which are currently just text drawn using standard text draw functions). However, for some reason, in my test project the art looks nice, and in the actual project, the art looks bad. I've put this aside for the moment but currently the menus are actually unreadable. Hopefully, this is just tweaking some variables here and there. I've started to put the art into the actual game. The basics have gone in just fine, but they're going to take a lot of tweaking. Currently, they also look bad just like the menus. I know it's possible for them to work because they're working in my test project.

Outside of the issues listed above (sfx, crossfade for music, art for credits and controls, and figuring out what's different between my test project and my actual project) at this point it's just an iterative process of adding in effects, changing values, and so on and using this same process to mess with some of the enemy stats and adaptations. Which is still a lot of work. I'm a little concerned I won't get 'it done' in time by which I mean the final version will be a game, but one that isn't fun, balanced, and has bad gamefeel.

Update 1: Steady progress on both art and gamefeel. My goal for the end of today is to have my current list of art and gamefeel improvements done along with adding sounds. At that point everything should be done except for tweaking values and, if I have time, additional effects. However, the value tweaking scares me a little as it could take a long time to hit upon the things that really work. Up next are some particle systems, splatter effects, and visual tells for the enemies so you will know when the enemies are about to attack.

Update 2: Created a splatter effect and some visual tells. Haven't got to the particle system yet, but I did spend several hours looking through my sound library and collecting sounds. Overall, I don't feel very comfortable with sounds. Not only can I not make any I feel satisfied with (meaning I have to rely on previous purchased libraries) I don't feel like I have a very good sense of what is good. I haven't event had a chance to implement them yet, so I'm not sure how everything will mesh together. Up next particle system (still) and implement sounds. After that, everything really will be "in" and I'll have to start polishing it.

Update 3: Modified my splatter system to be my particle system. Sounds are all in. Now its time to start polishing I guess. It's starting to feel like something but honestly, its only so so. I'm hoping at this point that if I get all the bugs out, improve the sound and art quality (figuring out which ones worked, and which should modified or swapped for better ones, etc.) and iterate upon the enemy design and of course finally return to the adaptation handler, it'll be good enough.

Update 4: At this point it's just playing it for a bit and deciding what to change, make the changes and repeat. The art is getting closer to being done. So I'll post some gifs again. No sounds in gifs, but they're there too.

Main Menu: https://media.giphy.com/media/3krnPAkPX67xVZr8OB/giphy.gif
Gameplay: https://media.giphy.com/media/9rsYFLZiDpPdZ5wZhk/giphy.gif

Update 1: Final day. Time to start coding.

Update 2: The game is "done." And by that I mean all the required elements are there and work well enough even though they're not great. Credits are done and updated. The last of the barebones gamefeel things are in. You can win in the correct way now. I did get a chance to add in a couple shaders. And so on. I won't say there's a lot of work left, but I could easily spend many hours still tweaking stuff. There are a couple of major and obvious issues, and actual balance and difficulty is way off, along with a host of minor issues.

Update 3: Well, it's up. Lots of final minor tweaks. Ultimately, it's as good as it will get. I'll do a final game jam update here in a bit. Hopefully the link works and all.

First ever jam completed. GM Project shows just under 63 hours spent. Probably only about half that was actually in Game Maker as I tend to leave the project open and unattended a lot. However it doesn't count all the time I spent while not in front of my computer working on paper. All in all, I'd put the real estimate closer to 40-50 hours. I've never done a game jam before, and honestly I wouldn't have done this one except that it was over 10 days.

I honestly don't know how good the game is, but I don't think it's that great. It is playable and beatable, though in the final version I'm having trouble winning. Quality of the game aside, I enjoyed the game jam a lot. I went into it with the goal of having fun and trying new things. I got a chance to test some of my own assets (very happy especially with the button one, found a few things I need to fix in it, but overall worked exactly as I would hope) along with some other new assets. Learned a lot about blendmodes, used surfaces all over the place. Did a top down game, used vector based movement, learned a little about shaders and more. Having the 10 days made it possible to do this stuff as in a shorter jam I would have felt constrained to stick with things I absolutely knew I could do.

The adaptation part was cool and ultimately sort of kind of works. Really, the game needs to be much longer for interesting things to happen or for the game to really 'evolve' enemies that can hit you. But let an enemy type get a few hits in, and you'll likely see more of them. And it increases the enemies health, speed, and strength all on its own giving you harder and harder enemies to fight.

Experimenting with visual debugging was also interesting. It took time to set up, but it did solve a few bugs much faster than normal methods. I'll probably try to implement this more often. The work patter of paper then code also went well and ultimately allowed me to work for longer stretches of time which was nice. I didn't build in any run-time value tweaking because that would have taken even more work than the visual debugging. However given that balance and unevenness was a weakpoint, maybe spending the time there would have made a significant difference.

Now I'm looking forward to playing everyone else's games.

Last edited:
S

SamSam

GMCjam31_ill_6_logo_2_small_small.png
theme : adaptation
by Team Vive Le France (SamSam, Cavern-Mind)

pourLinstantCaVa_screenShot_9_small.jpg

THE GAME :
This game will either break something into your mind, or onto your desk. Your choice to make.

It is a meta game were the controller contains another controller. You have to play with the keys, but you also have to play with the complete keyboard to score.

You can also play with a friend who takes the canons and the QTE while you are struggling to pilot the ship. And so you have to share the keyboard, which one off you is turning around more and more often, so there is a chance your respective arms will end up like a plateful of spaghettis, making this game even more a meta game...
I guess.

But if you want to really understand how I used the theme for this game, you will have to play it !

MUSIC :
The music has been made by my friend Cavern-Mind : https://soundcloud.com/cavernmind

STORY :
You're flying against the traffic and there's a swarm of missiles seeking you. S**t happens.

PS :
"Au début ça va" means "It is fine at the beginning"

PS 2 :
This is my first GMS game !

PS 3 :
You can still find one of those in pretty good condition on ebay.

PS 4 :

You're awsome

PS 5 :

Now stop reading my PSs and go play my game, please

PS 6 :

Actually you can't play it right now, it is'nt even uploaded

PS 7 :

Waiting for it, may I sugest you to contemplate the silent beauty of nature

PS 8 :

OK it's uploaded ! Nevermind the nature, go play it ! GOGOGOGOGO !
DOWNLOAD

Last edited by a moderator:

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Lost Little Hero
by GameDevDan (and a piece of music by @NAL )

DOWNLOAD

Guide the Lost Little Hero, HannaH, through a mind-boggling dungeon on a quest to defeat a mysterious villain, steal his treasure and rescue a princess.

Day 1
Came up with the concept, the title and created the GM project! Started work on making a few little programmer-art boxes move around the screen.

Day 7
Made no progress the rest of the week until today! been too busy with work and playing Pokemon Let's Go Eevee... thank the heavens for the new 10 day GMC Jam format! I haven't used the extra time, but it has allowed me to spread out my usual jam workload over more days :)

I now have a full opening "cutscene" (if you can call it that) explaining the premise of the game, a working engine, 1 working level and sprites for the hero and all of the enemies. So I'm making good progress.

Last edited:
A

Acr515

LIQUID BACON
By Acr515 and Ralucipe

Theme: Chemical Reaction

The objective: Find the right combination of chemicals to produce the delicious, savory Liquid Bacon!

The player's character has an insatiable craving for Liquid Bacon. However, when he reaches the store, he sees that he does not have enough money! Obviously, his only viable option is to produce it himself. He'll have to explore the wilderness, fend off bears, try other sketchy potions, and bust into a warehouse to get the materials he needs!

DOWNLOAD HERE

download.gif

Smiechu

Stream of Adaptation
by Smiechu

DOWNLOAD

Devlog
When I saw the themes I was quite confused, but I found very quickly that the "ADAPTATION" will be something for me. I've developed the general concept very fast in my head. It's basically a smaller version of something I had for a long time in my head. The game will be a mix of economy, strategy and logic. The player will be constructing trams... he will have to constantly adapt his designs to suit the requirements of new projects, struggling with time and limited human resources.

During the day I've managed to sketch some raw art and design concepts and ideas. On evening I've started to draw the first assets in Inskape.
It was a typical family life Saturday - shopping, house cleaning, spending time together, relaxing... somewhere in between I've managed to sketch some more concepts and get more grip on the idea of the gameplay...
This evening I'm planning to code the first gameplay modules. There will be a lot of with databases, and some drag"n"drop functionality...

Wow... I had this evening a big black hole in the head!!! I hardly made anything during the first 3 hours. But than I finally managed to push something trough and now first parts of GUI are ready.
I hope that my concept will not turn out to big even for 10 days.
Today I had a little bit more time, but I've quickly realized that my initial idea is to overwhelming even for 10 days. And I was literally stuck, I've took a long Sunday walk with my family, took a deep breath and decided to cut down the scope of the game, unfortunately taking away a little bit of the "adaptation" theme from it. But that was a good move. I've managed to get a grasp on some basic systems of the game and made most of the needed artwork. A lot of thing ahead of me, but now it's time to sleep!
So today was a typical working day for me, actually I didn't have much time to even think about the game during the day. End of the year is always a busy time in many companies.
But the evening was calm and silent and I've managed to write quite a large piece of code, from which I'm very satisfied. I've finally laid down a stable foundations for the rest of the game mechanics.
Player's main task in my game is to create a new tram design (or adapt an existing one) which will suit the project requirements. Here was the hard part for me. I never ever coded an engine where player could build something almost freely out of "modules" or "bricks". The "assembly" part of the task was not so hard after all, but I'm still afraid that coding all the restrictions and limitation will be a little bit harder.
Hopefully tomorrow I can show something "working". Goodnight!
Ups!! It's day 5 - half the way to go, and to be honest I'm not advancing so smooth as I would like. There was no big breakthrough today, I was just filling the project with assets and data.
I didn't done much today... hopefully tomorrow I'll have more time and energy.
OK! Today I've finally managed to break through the wall I stumbled upon yesterday. To be honest my code is quite a mess right now, but it works. I'm not proud of it, but there is no time to rewrite everything if I want to have a playable game till Sunday.
The biggest issue was the tram building system. Player must build a working tram, which meets the project requirements, but there are certain rules in design - applying all this rules is a biggest pain in the @s$ for me right now.
Than what is left to do?? :
- clear tutorial, help and info how to play,
- component development system,
- time lapse,
- random project generation,
- win/loose circumstances...
Done completely nothing. I had such a busy day that when I was finally got home, I had nor mental nor physical energy to do anything.
OK! Today is quite good, I'm doing progress very fast, and I plan to drop the night a little bit!

I have enough for today. It's day 9 and I'm not sure if I make it to finish the game... we'll see...
I'm sure now that I won't make it with my base concept :(
It's my first JAM and I have overestimated my possibilities. I will use the last day to make something simple.

LOL! So I've made it! I've made my first GMC JAM GAME!!! In 1 day :D:p:cool:;):rolleyes:o_O!!!
I've dropped the whole concept I was working quite hard through the whole week just to make something playable on the last day... I'm going to bed...

Last edited:

Mercerenies

Adapt All Reactions

Here we go. Alice and I are here to adapt all of the reactions. All of them. At the same time.

Devlog

I'll be using EST (GMT+5) for my devlog entries. I assume Alice will be using her own timezone as well.

(M) 1:59pm - I already said this on Discord, but man GMS2 is so modern. This is my real first experience with it and... wow. Anyway, more relevant. We're working on a basic idea. Haven't fully fleshed out the details, but at the very least we're looking at some kind of RPG, so I'm designing the overworld right now. Basic stuff but needs doing. Alice is at work. I think she's saving the world or something; I don't really know. I assume she'll be back later.

(M) 2:43pm - Prettiest game of 2018 award, plz.

(M) 3:53pm - Got a very basic dialogue system down (as in, literally it just advances text), but it has room for expansion. Probably going to stop for dinner now.

(M) 6:18pm - Was working on saving/loading. We figured since this is going to be an RPG, save/load is kind of a necessity for a lot of things, not just an afterthought like it is in a puzzle game where literally the only thing you need to save is the level you're on. Now, I'm working on 9-patch drawings to make dialogue boxes and things better.

(M) 9:32pm - Got several things done. Alice improved a lot of the code details, made things more organized, and the like. She also made room transitions a whole lot easier (I wasn't terribly happy with the system I had written there). On the other hand, I have a basic pause menu now. The pause menu will eventually be where you choose your spells.

(M) 10:10pm - Branching dialogue paths now.

(M) 10:19pm - Stopping for dinner. May be a few minutes. But there's more I plan to get done tonight, so I will be back.

(M) 11:56pm - The spell menu is coming along nicely. Has a nice drag-and-drop interface where you can customize the spells available to you. And I'm hitting a bit of a brick wall here, so I should probably sleep.

(A) 8:34am (GMT+1) - Up and about and ready to work. Noticed Mercerenies got the branching dialogue and spell menu done. Might want to rework the dialogue a bit to be easier to manage, but I like the foundation.

(A) 1:36pm (GMT+1) - I miiiight have ended up reworking the dialogue system a lot. Well, earlier it was a "dialogue sequence" system; now it's more of a "process" system that has ability to refer to dialogue components. Also, it doesn't rely on things being hardcoded, but rather on data stored in JSON-like structures.
I might or might not end up making a custom script language for that. I'm good with parsers, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a trouble. But now I should get some food, and then get to work on Jacob's project I neglected thus far... ^^'

(A) 4:30pm (GMT+1) - A sudden realisation struck me - if we're going to keep this devlog updated, it might very well end up breaking the post length limit. That sure would be troublesome... ^^'

(M) 12:08pm - So, I'm alive, by the way. I probably should've popped up here sooner, but meh.

(M) 4:38pm - Alright. So the basic combat loop is done. As in, the game knows how to say "hey, it's your turn!". But you can't attack yet. Or, more accurately, you can, but attacks don't do anything yet.

(M) 6:34pm - Not too much more to show right now. Characters now have affinities for particular elements. Basically, your affinity is whichever element you have the most spells for, so if 90% of your attacks are fire-based, then you're automatically a fire-elemental. The actual algorithm is a bit more complicated than that (mainly because I want some characters to have a specific affinity that overrides that rule). But this will be important for elemental matchups. Mr. 90%-Fire is going to have a bad time if he goes up against someone who has a water spell.

(M) 11:35pm - Combat system is written. There are a lot of things not done, like elemental affiliations, but you can successfully enter battle, fight, and exit the battle at the end. Also, this minimalist white-on-black thing was mainly done as a placeholder graphic, but I have to say, the theme is growing on me.

(M) 11:37pm - Cleaning up this post a bit then I'll be heading to bed. Back to you, Alice.

(M) 11:30am - After a thousand year slumber, I have awoken. Time to make some games.

(M) 3:36pm - Working on adding some overworld tiles right now. Got ice tiles and Team-Rocket-style warp tiles.

(M) 4:41pm - This game now has block pushing. As such, our game is now NP hard.

--- MANY DAYS LATER ---

(A) I made a tech demo thing. Couldn't really get a content done, though, but I've really got to stop now... https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nlopnuvdu7r96e/juegOS HD Early Access.zip?dl=1

HayManMarc

Wizzy Gizzard: Speed Date
By HayManMarc & Toque

>> Download <<

Game Description:
Wizzy Gizzard is old, living in New York City, and still looking for love. Today is his lucky day as there is a speed dating session that just started at Love Diner. Overcome all the odds by jumping over the obstacles in his path and get him to the Love Diner. Will he find love? You will just have to play the game to find out! Have fun!

DevLog
Entry 1:
Toque has made some great sprites and I've got basic scrolling happening for a "run and jump" game. It'll be extremely simple, but hopefully somewhat enjoyable.

Entry 2:
Toque prototyped a screen menu and I imported and implemented it into the project. Toque's been busy making sprites and animations, and I'm currently working on the level game play and flow. I have jumping and collision with obstacles working so far. I just need to figure out how to ramp up difficulty per level, and such. Also, still need to program the date scene. Much to do yet.

Entry 3:
Finished implementing random spawning of background buildings and obstacles. Created a text bubble system. Got level end animations done. So, the main game play mechanics are mostly done. Just some game balance tweaks and add more content. Now to tackle the level end date scene.

Entry 4:
Added more obstacles to jump over, fixed a glitch, and started the 'date scene' room. This game is getting pretty goofy. I love it.

Entry 5:
Barely got everything in time, i think. Didn't get to fully test it to the end, so hope all works.

Last edited:
M

Misty

Devlog:
Thinking of ideas, most of them suck. Can't think of any good ideas.

Day 2: We thought about making a zombie game, but it seemed generic so we didn't.
Day 3: Thought of making a Titanic game. Started working on it and lost interest.
Today: Working on a brand new game.
Day 6: Scrapped that game because Jon was having some problems at his home life and nothing got done. So working on a brand new game again, I think its gonna be good...
Day 7: Uploaded the exe with seconds to spare...

Zombie Assault: Against All Odds

Download: http://www.filedropper.com/zombieassaulthd2

Here is the thumbnail to be used in the player (Didn't have enough time to put into folder):
https://i.imgur.com/h20q5uX.png

Screenshot:

Last edited:

darijs1

"Woodcutter"

By: darijs1

Woodcutter.png

DOWNLOAD:

Final notes:
This is my very first game jam ever...twas fun.

Sadly the game didnt get an ending, the days just go on forever (beat 7 days, and youre a badass.)...But its about the journey, not the...oh wait, its only journey.

I did my best, at perfecting the game thus far, but it definitely could've ended up better, im lazy.

This is however my first ever game that i finished as planned in the beginning...and that means a lot to me. Thanks gmc jam 31.

Description:

Youre a man, stuck in a forrest in the middle of nowhere.
The days get colder as time goes on, danger lurks all around you.
You struggle, as the environment forces you to adapt to its harsh nature.
Despite the odds, you can only hope to overcome the struggle of survival.

The game is from a top down perspective.
The goal is to survive 7 (or however much i end up deciding), cold days of winter.
Luckily youre in a forrest, so theres plenty of wood to burn for your warmth, but beware,
as the days get more demanding and monsters get hungrier.

wdctr.png
walk_00001.png Though im doing my best, drawing animals is not my best skill.

Last edited:

Bart

WiseBart
Johnny's Escape
Johnny x Marina

by Bart

Johnny is abducted and wants to reunite with his wife Marina.

<< Download >>

Here's my - very short - entry for the jam.
There is little actual gameplay to the final version of this, although there is some kind of 'riddle'/'puzzle' in the game (see the readme for a hint :)).
If you figure it out you can advance and get to the ending.
Left mouse button: set target
Right mouse button: interact
Escape: end the game (at the ending)
Alt+Enter: toggle fullscreen​

Johnny has been kidnapped and is held captive in a strange laboratory. Luckily, he somehow got access to the surrounding equipment and is able to modify its parameters.
The goal of the game will be to adapt to the environment by modifying it and to evolve into a form that is capable of escaping, while keeping your internal chemistry in an equilibrum. Against all odds, it might be possible to escape!
It's the ultimate, yet less tangible chemical reaction that drives Johnny: to finally reunite with his wife Marina.
Some more details added.
Code:
Molecule    Name
02          Oxygen
N2          Nitrogen
Fe          Iron
H20         Water
CO2         Carbon dioxide
N20         Laughing Gas
C6H12O6     Glucose
C2H5OH      Ethanol
4C3H5(NO3)3 Nitroglycerin
So, the lab environment should become more or less a 'simulation' of the following formula:
p*V = n*R*T, where R = 1 and V and T are constant (by default)
Certain objects, such as the ventilation, provide additional gas molecules to the environment and remove molecules from it. The player does both, i.e. breathe in O2 and breathe out CO2 and H20.
For that, he needs to eat glucose and drink enough water to keep his inner chemical cycle going.
Waveform generator
Generates waves with a certain frequency, amplitude and shape - outputs to lamps and speakers

Lamps and speakers
Visual and auditory sources. The perfect stimuli for Johnny to adapt his vision and hearing.
Speakers output sound waves that might make dynamite explode.

HVAC unit
Controls the internal climate, including pressure, temperature and relative humidity.
Light
Pupils dilate/contract

Sound
Todo

Temperature, pressure and humidity changes
Todo
This turned out quite well (on paper at least):
Got some basic movement and a few visual effects in place. The mechanic isn't working properly yet, though.

26/11/2018
My entry is now available for download in this post. Unfortunately, a lot of what I originally had in mind didn't get in, since the mechanic didn't work out and due to various other reasons.
Lesson learnt: really need to start focusing on fun core gameplay the next time. Only then start adding more complex elements.

Last edited:

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
-My Gold-

I have chosen Chemical reaction. Overcome the odds could apply too.

A scientist turns rocks to gold and zombies want it.

Devlog.txt: http://www.naztail.com/games/mygold/devlog.txt

The game in zip: www.naztail.com/games/mygold/my_gold.zip

Game's page: http://www.naztail.com/games/mygold/index.html

Side notes:
I had a very great time doing this. It feels great to work on something new after working on the same game for a long time. My Gold could be more polish and more balanced. It's hard but I laughed so much trying to win so I leave it like this. Can't wait to try your games.

Last edited:
O

Oyakiiv

guess I'll grab my spot before I'm stuck on the bottom!

title: Reel Fruit Slots
Team: Oyakiiv (solo)
theme: Overcome all odds

DOWNLOAD

(most of the below concept was removed due to time wasted, keeping it there for insight on the inspiration.)

concept: A casino in a purgatory type of place where you gamble to get enough cash to buy your life back. luckily the games don't require cash to play, just bits of your soul! Once your soul has been used up your existence will be erased, but don't be afraid to play; even if you lose (and its a casino, the odds are on the house) you still have a chance to keep those bits of your soul.

once the results of your bet has been determined, the results of the round become a skill based trial...of PAIN!! take too many hits (or one hit, still wip, might depend on the game) the bit of soul you wagered will be gone. make it through unscathed, so will your wager.

Don't get cocky though, the bigger your bet, the more the house wants it, making the trial a little more challenging, but the bigger payouts will be worth it.

(and I will probably add a way to spend some of those hard earned coins to restore some of your soul, wont be cheap of course; the house loves it when you keep playing!)

devlog:
11/18 4:28 pm (EST)
first day doing serious coding, previous days have be more focused on planning (basically what is written above). starting with the slot machine, had the odds set for 1:2197 for the jackpot (just did that math now and holy crap) it will now be 1:1000... might seem a little high for a jam game, but I might change it. still have to make the actual payouts, should be simple enough.
8:50 pm EST
finished coding the dice game (basically Chuck-A-Luck, for those interested) and the slots, both don't have betting implemented yet, but it will be added once I begin work on the skill games. no screenshots yet, since there is only 1 sprite and everything else is just text and numbers on the screen.
11/20 3:08 a.m. (EST)
did some sprite work with light animation, now slots feels better but still need a 'spin' animation and to actually draw the machine in the background...not super important so it can wait. and I think I got a gif working (if not it will work as a screenshot.)
slots1.gif
11/21
didnt get anything done, at all. I dont know if it was procrastination or depression. unfortunately this was the day when I could get the most done, so at the very least blackjack/21 will be taken out of the game...
11/22 4:35 p.m. (EST)
finally got the skill game started for slots; fruit now appears at the end of the spin and bounces around the room, now I just have to make them explode and increase the amount of fruit that appears based on the bet multiplier...also include the bet multiplier (should be simple enough) and change controls from using enter as the action button to using the mouse to click buttons. (much to do and time is running out!)
11/24 3:11 a.m. (EST)
Finally finished the slot machine and its skill game, increasing/decreasing bets, bet multipliers and difficulty modifiers based on your bet, nerfed grapes. gameplay not as compelling as I had hoped but not terrible, music/sound would probably help, but that is for sunday. much to do and time is running out!!
11/25 5 pm
had to drop the dice game, so now its just slots. Finished the title screen just have to make the how to play screen and add sounds; then I will be ready to turn in!
11/26 12:25 am
finished adding sounds! still need the how to screen and the credits, will do that after a break!
11/26 2: 47 am
game is done and download is available! (I did good on the sounds this time, yay!)

The M

RISE
DOWNLOAD

Devlog:
Sunday
I haven't had much time to work on anything this weekend and since there's so much time I'm not as dedicated either. At the same time, I feel the scope has risen and so the game is called Rise. I'm currently working on the foundation of the game's physics. You play as a hero with broken legs, trying to overcome an intense platforming gauntlet "against all odds".

Monday
Because you can't jump you have to traverse the level by climbing. To your help you have a rope which you can hook into ceilings and use to swing across chasms. Depending on how you land you'll also start rolling, often into pits (it's kind of Dark Souls inspired), so you might also have to use it in order to descend safely.

Tuesday

I don't have that much time on weekdays so progress is slower than I'd have liked. At this rate I'll have to do a serious push come the weekend if I want to be near done. I've added simple tiles for the walls but they're kind of finicky to place and are kind of bland so I hope to spruce it all up with some visual effects (if I get the time to). I would love to add some fog to the cavern.

Wednesday
The walls are textured and I have a good enough background. I experimented some with a gradient shadow (the banding is intentional) but it doesn't look very good in motion so I'll have to replace it with something a little more advanced. I'd also like to have a simple light engine to make things a bit more thematic. About a third of the player's animations are done at this point and a lot of geometry is still missing graphics.

Thursday
I've added the last of the player's base animation and have more or less finished the mechanics of the first area of the game. There will hopefully be 4 different zones to get through but we'll see if I'll really have time for all of them. There are still a few critical bugs that might crash the game left and they should probably get some priority over content. That being said, boss!

Friday
I'm about halfway done with level 2 at this point (well, more like a third because the second half uses a lot of new mechanics that I'll have to implement). I don't think I'll have any problems getting it done but the zones after it might be a different story, I really need to start polishing things up and especially get rid of the placeholder textures.

Saturday
I've been going for basically the whole day and level 2 is practically done by now. There are still placeholder graphics and still no way to actually get the upgrade you're supposed to find (other than modifying the code so that you start with it). For the rest of tonight I'll work on improving the missing parts of the game, at least until I get too tired or the night too late. I've got some magically floating boulders that aren't supposed to float, so I guess I'm nearing the first limit already. :)

Sunday
I spent two hours trying to improve my lighting with a custom shader but in the end I only made it look worse so I'll scrap that for now. I've added the missing textures and the player can gain two upgrades (the first one being the original hook). I'm going to move forward to the ending / intro instead because the game hinges on those to be there or it will lose all impact. Then I'll add a third level as some sort of hybrid of my original third and fourth levels and after all that I can start looking at sound/music and all the rest of the stuff I need. Phew.

The game is not done by a long shot so I'll have to take tomorrow morning off to finish it (or at least make it playable). I suppose I could cut the third level but that would mean the final ability is pushed to just before the final boss and the climax gets ruined somewhat. On the other hand, I won't have time to add music or polish anyways so that may be less of an issue. I think I've bitten off too much with this entry...

Monday
There are a lot of things I would have liked to add to this entry but I'm past out of time for what I can allot to the jam so I'll leave it at this. Thanks for a great jam!

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
phage_title_rough.png
Attack. Assimilate. Adapt.

screenshot.png

Overview

PHAGE is a 2-player turn-based game with an ever-changing 8x8 board. You play as a team of virus units vying for domination on a board filled with food, poison and safe squares. At the end of each round, the squares change positions, and you must adapt and rearrange surviving units to the new board or face certain extinction.

This will also be my first Jam entry featuring a development log. It just didn't make sense to me to share my every thought with only 72 hours on the clock, but with 10 days I could afford to do a quick one daily. I'm not in the school of promising chicks before they hatch, but I'm in the school of trying new things during a Jam.

Download
Link

Development Log:
2018-11-21

Switched gears to sound and music, and surprisingly I got the entire list on that front done.

The music was the easy part. Good old soundimage.org got two dark-sounding tracks that meshed well with the "bioterrorism lab" theme that I intended for the game. I had an odd way of testing the fit --- first I downloaded about 10 that sounded right, then I listened to them on loop while at work. Suddenly two of them started to gel together, and that's what I ultimately chose.

Last month I bought a 3000-sound pack to facilitate future jams and projects, but putting down the money and downloading it was the easy part. The part I forgot to do back then was indexing the over 200 click effects it included, which came in a variety of styles --- from simple taps, to blips and bloops, to blobby riffs and slide whistles. It took me almost an hour to sort through them and find the ones that appear to work (and even then I may have to change my mind over the weekend). Am I glad this is a 10-day jam, not a 72-hour jam.

Originally I had planned for voiced announcements for things like "Get ready!" and "Game over!", and I did get all 8 done. But even after editing, I still didn't like the way I sounded, a little cheesy instead of serious like the announcer in Bejeweled whom I imitated. There's room for trying out later if it actually fits, but it ranks rather low on my list.

2018-11-20

I decided to rise today where I fell during the "Newton's Laws of Motion" jam: Animated state transitions for the main game board. Today I'm planning out a new architecture to try for the rest of the week.

But first, the obligatory flowchart (which took me about an hour on the bus trip from work):

In-game action transitions.png

Last time, I implemented the state transitions as per "community tradition", i.e. in a switch block within a single controller object. As you can see, a switch block for this would look like a real mess, and it's not like I don't have enough scripts already. This time I'll try something different: Object-based states.
  • Every action (square box) will be implemented as an object.
  • Upon entering an action, an instance of it is created.
  • The action performs its task over many steps as part of an animation (i.e. keeping track of one or more subsidiary instances).
  • Upon completing the task, it changes to the next action (performing events).
I can see several potential advantages in this alternative setup
  • States can now be parameterized or inherited (e.g. those for playing sound or monitoring animations)
  • The instance scope can now be free of variables that need to last across steps but appear only in one state
  • Timelines can now be used for linear sequences
  • Every action only needs to care about what's next
Though I ran out of time today, the idea does seem workable enough to sign off for today. Since the main core of the game is already working (yesterday's text-based prototype), I'll switch to graphics, sound and menu work before returning on Friday.

2018-11-19

Finally got the game rule scripts done and tested! This is a major milestone in the game's logic, and the text-based prototype is playing pretty competently. I can't wait to put a prettier face on it later on this week.

For public disclosure, the game rule script set consists of the following:
  • Whether the game is over in a board state
  • The list of moves available from a board state
  • Who is the current player in the board state
  • Whether a move is legal from a board state
  • Applying a legal move to a board state
  • A "scoreboard" result describing the board state
From these scripts alone, the GMStrategist library could then construct an AI using MCTS. By further configuring a script showing a board state as a string and a few minor configurations, it can even do a text-based playable prototype. Here is an example of what it looks like:

gmstrategist.png

Restricting my work to 6 core scripts also allowed me to thoroughly test corner cases (e.g. illegal jumps, one player running out of moves, etc) by assertion-testing scripted setups. Throughout the 4 hours that I spent on these scripts, the tests uncovered well over half a dozen careless mistakes. They would have been real headaches later on had I assumed them to be done right.

Given how I would have run out of time by today under the 72-hour format, I'm starting to like the 10-day format already. Looking forward to share more technical details later on.

2018-11-18

Didn't get as much done today as I'd like, but some progress is evident. The sequence of rooms was in (easy to do given yesterday's storyboard), the assets I need from GMS 1.4 got in (GMAssert and GMStrategist), and some system-level resources made it in by bedtime.

For this Jam I will be testing out the viability of scanned rough graphics. The last time I saw this being done, it was part of the finished product for someone else's entry and I panned it during the review. But with a week's time to replace them instead of a few hours, maybe they'll have time to be replaced with something a little better. To demonstrate how close it is to actual graphics, I'm prefacing this post with the scanned title (plus about 10 minutes of minor editing to make it a little more presentable).

Unlike last time, I decided to share my participation in the Jam with some of my colleagues at work, more specifically our internal "accountability" Slack channel (we use it for sharing both personal and work goals). For me, it made no sense in the 72-hour format to share anything with anyone except for a finished product. But with much more leeway this time, I could afford to check-in with them every now and then. Several of us entered into a pact to make short-term plans for the rest of November. I know what I'm putting down on my share of that!

As an experiment, I decided to try out Object Variables on my own project for once, and I'm pretty impressed how much Create event config code and child objects it eliminated. For things like text captions and buttons, I normally have one parent and many specialized children overriding settings/user events. But with Object Variables, I could put every text property (font, colours, alignment, the string to draw) into configurable fields in the Room Editor. With text buttons in particular, I added two variables onClick and onClickArg for a script to execute. That happened to line up perfectly with my custom room transition script, and not repeating a whole bunch of user events feels great.

Needless to say, I've been having too much "fun" with other aspects of the project that I neglected the most important: the scripts governing the rules of the game. Fortunately, much of these scripts were surprisingly straight-forward, though I cut some corners by hard-coding to the 8x8 board layout. Only 4 scripts out of about a dozen are now pending, and they too should be done by the end of the day tomorrow.

2018-11-17

Finally settled on the theme, the game rules and the storyboard. Wasn't what I started with, but hopefully it's something I'll finish with.

The rules for the game came to me around late afternoon, and after about 3-4 revisions, I finally ended with something that looks playable and much easier to implement than any of yesterday's ideas. The number one priority for this project is to implement the rules for the MCTS AI to learn. This is the blind jump that I'm the most anxious about, because it's here that I either see it playing too poorly, or playing it too well by exploiting a weakness in the rules (which caused me to abandon the idea in favour of Rocketeer Inc).

Before even touching GMS 2, I decided to storyboard every screen in the game with my underused copy of Balsamiq, and the results were surprisingly promising. Not only was the storyboard done within 3 hours, the screens could also be exported as 1:1 scale backgrounds to guide UI placement later. Here's a quick example:

Board.png

2018-11-16

Some early ideation, but no real due to night-time lab appointment and daytime work. Here were some of the ideas:
  • A tile battle game with ghosts on one side and a wealthy landlady and her maids on the other (Against All Odds)
  • A mastermind-like game where players assemble 16 genetic code fragments and trying to build the best surviving specimen (Adaptation)
  • A "place blocks on a grid" game where certain colour combinations react for bonus points or strikes (Chemical Reaction)
(Errata 2018-11-17: It turns out none of those ideas are what I eventually settled on.)

Last edited:

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Against All Odd
by Yal

DOWNLOAD

I got kinda bored with Misu getting to do all the programming on our game, so here's an entry that I made on my own this afternoon because my fingers were itchy for some typing to code a game about typing!

Type in the numbers above zombies' heads to kill them, but only the odd-numbered ones! Be nice to the even-numbered zombies, they're your friends and won't hurt you!

The game endlessly gets harder, as more and more zombies spawn at once, and the numbers they have above their heads will get longer and longer as well. Thought typing out "twentyfive" was hard? Just wait until you need to type out "hundredfortynine" before you get your face eaten!

T

TinyGamesLab

Eel Lady Cat Contest
by TinyGamesLab

more screenshots

DOWNLOAD
Mirror

It is a puzzle game where you have to help the main character, cougar-o, to become the champion of the Eel Lady Cat Contest against all the odd competitors.

Hope you guys like it and I would love to receive feedback about it!

M

Micnasr

OVERCOMING ALL ALIENS

This is my first JAM, this game was created by Dengar and Micnasr. It's an arcade game called - Overcoming All Aliens. Simple controls, WASD and left click to shoot. You have to shoot down the UFOs before the aliens drop down to kill you, by killing things you can get powerups like health boost and speed. It's a simple but fun game. All the assets / art / sound effects were created by both of us. I hope you guys enjoy :)

THEME: Overcoming all odds.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

upload_2018-11-25_12-8-57.png

AndrewN

SNOWBALL IN HELL

Hello all. This is my first ever entry into any jam. I've been keen to try but either couldn't think of an idea or didn't have spare time. This weekend though I had both!

I plumped for the Against all Odds category. The game is quite simple. You are a snowball who needs to escape from Hell. Just don't melt too much by rolling around and gathering more snow, and then make your way up the caverns and escape to Heaven at the top.

DOWNLOAD

I didn't make as many levels as I would have liked, but what is there is playable and challenging. Have fun.

Last edited:
U

UnEarthly Ethan

Find the Cure!

At first glance, you are just messing around with chemistry. Take a deeper look, and you'll see there's more beneath the surface...

This is a 1 man team. Your's truly!

My favorite part of this jam was making the music. All made during the time of the jam, even a completely unused one for the credits. Enjoy my first Jam!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fb1ew8jz0mk8wrd/Find+the+Cure!Final.zip

Posted 5 minutes late. Don't shoot me.

Status
Not open for further replies.