Not open for further replies.
M

Misty

Results:
Code:
- - I T - -    - - - W - - -    - - - - - - E N T    - - - - E S
- - I - -    - O G E T - E R
- - A - - - N G    U P
The first theme might alternatively end with --ITES rather than ----ES (and the first word is still unhinted), but I doubt that.

With all that, I figure the themes could be something like:
SWITCH BETWEEN DIFFERENT BODIES
STICK TOGETHER
REACHING UP
Alice, you are a genius.

Dupletor

@Alice
Thank you for the answer.
In the case of my project, the executed file is written in C#, it calls for GameMaker generated .exe and keeps track of the current state.
I can just do it the other way around.

Last edited:

Sk8dududu

I thought that we had the answer, but I suppose without any response yet it wasn't correct.. I knew this one seemed way too easy. :p There must be a reason "Fil" is spelled that way. So maybe filming.
In that case it might be initials of the directors.

AM (Andrés Muschietti)
SS (Steven Spielberg)
unfortunately from what I can find, up had 2 directors.
Pete Docter and Bob Peterson

Also, "Filem" in Malay means 'movie'.

Last edited:
P

Pere

When are the gm2 licenses getting available? I wana get one for the jam but I'd like to have a couple days to get used to it

lets see if I actually complete something this time. That's my only goal: to actually submit something
I think my goal will be to actually start something. Normally (if I'm free to take part in the jams) I just end up staring at my screen and not able to figure out how/where to start. :confused:

O

Oyakiiv

been a while since I've seen a jam BEFORE it starts. I'm probably gonna join this one; as usual I work that weekend, but my current project will be having an update released that weekend as well. so it really comes down to the themes, see if I get any inspiration. If it doesnt work out, I guess I will just review.

G

GVmG

Something about switching between the two games - I'm guessing switching letters around in the titles.

One's Burnout, the other one is Fallout.

oh yeah I'm back btw

EDIT: some guesses on the Fil'm in

The title is obviously a reference to those movies (filming).

IT, ET The Extraterrestrial, and Up. For the sake of my guess I'm gonna consider the full title of 2017 IT, which is It: Chapter One.

I'm supposing that the numbers tell you to pick a letter that appears that many times in each movie. Pretty much an overcomplicated version of "What is twice in It: Chapter One, three times in Extraterrestrial and never in Up?". That would be the letter T.

Another guess whould be that we get one letter from each picture and specifically remove those from the sides. We take Clown and remove the first and last two letters (CL and WN), and we get O. The next picture is a Bicycle. Remove three on each side and we get the letter Y. The kid's name from Up is Russell. Not sure about what to do with this last one.

On top of that, we could also consider what the movies have in common: all three are 2-letter films. It, Up and E.T. But I'm guessing quite a bit of what I wrote is red herrings, maybe I'm not on the right track at all.

EDIT2: Seems like I was late to the movie party lol

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Master Maker

crash and burn? Burnout + fallout, only thing in their name that's the same is out, take that out, it's burn and fall, switch that, and it is fall and burn, falling leads to crashing, thus crash and burn.

S

Sinaz20

SWITCH BETWEEN DIFFERENT GAMES [edit] GENRES [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
No lottery numbers, sorry. Too undeterministic.
By the way, nice to see you back here. ^^

So, my educated guesses for the 3 themes:
SWITCH BETWEEN DIFFERENT GENRES
STICK TOGETHER
STARTING UP

(the last one I'm least certain of, with other options being REACHING UP or CRACKING UP or something; but of all possible third themes, STARTING UP seems to be the coolest/most versatile one)

G

GVmG

I was thinking of CHARGING UP for the last one.

If it ends up being "switch between different genres" and "charging up" I already have an idea. With some luck even the third one could fit in.

Is anyone thinking of streaming or recording their development during the jam? If so, what are you likely to be using to do this? I'm considering it, but am a complete novice when it comes to streaming (I don't even stream playing games).

M

Misty

Is it just me, or do none of the clues make any sense, besides clue 7?

If Sherlock Holmes was real, would he have gotten the meaning of any of these clues?

NAL

ʕ ᓀ ᴥ ᓂ ʔ
GMC Elder
Hi folks,

How do we enter the GMC game jam?
There will be a Games topic appear shortly after the jam starts in ~20 minutes. Add a post to it some time during the 72 hour jam period with the information, and a link to the game once you have completed it (the first post in that topic will give you more details).

There will be a Games topic appear shortly after the jam starts in ~20 minutes. Add a post to it some time during the 72 hour jam period with the information, and a link to the game once you have completed it (the first post in that topic will give you more details).
Great. I'm new to it, so I wasn't sure of the exact details. Thank you!

Micah_DS

Alright, I see the themes, but it's 5 AM for me and I've been fighting off some weird virus, so I've gotta sleep on it.

The M

Well, look what just started! Of course I'm in but without access to my usual computer this one's gonna be a bit different. I'm excited and I love the themes :D

NAL

ʕ ᓀ ᴥ ᓂ ʔ
GMC Elder
Disappointed that people only worked out the first theme from the final puzzle - the Switch was charging up and the Switch and the note were stuck together :p

YoYo Games have now set up a link for anyone that wants a temporary GMS2 license to create their game with: see here to receive one!

Last edited:
G

GVmG

Disappointed that people only worked out the first theme from the final puzzle - the Switch was charging up and the Switch and the note were stuck together :p
oh damn, I noticed the switch was charging but I didn't link it with my "charging up" guess lmao

G

GVmG

Alright, spent the first 3 hours making an intro and a menu, then 30 minutes on this simple HP visualization that I'll probably use also as a shield and attack form:

That counts as "sticking together gameplay elements" right? Right?

Don't worry I have better plans for the other two themes lol

----

On the other hand we're getting a ton of rain today, which I like. But it's so much that some nearby areas got flooded. Hopefully nothing happens here. The one time I have the time, ideas and will to actually do something good in a GMC Jam, the forces of nature themselves are against me lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.