GMC Dream Journal

K

Kuro

I had a weird dream recently. I was in a 2D RPG. Going through the motions as a character fighting stuff, and then at some point I became aware of the fact that it's an RPG. So then the whole RPG part of the experience sort of detaches itself and continues under its own steam free from any influence from me. Meanwhile I end up drifting around as a sort of impartial observer taking stock of events for a bit. It's not too long before I notice that the world itself is in 3D at which point the Orthographic projection slowly starts distorting into perspective revealling quite a spiffy little 3D world. ( although the characters are all 2D sprites still). So I spend the rest of the dream floating around taking note of the geometry of the RPG level/world and getting level layout/prop ideas. The whole thing was strangely reminicent of Flatland by Edwin Abbott.

I had another dream set in the 1992 Dune video game world a few weeks earlier that would probably have been a more interesting tale to recount, but the details of what transpired in that one are lost to me now, and sadly I didn't know this thread existed when it was fresh in my mind.

M

Misty

I literally got up in the middle of the night just to post this. My legs feel like rubber, but this is easily one of the top ten dreams I ever had. I could have just gone the selfish route and not share the idea. But what fun would that be?

So in the dream it was like a cross between Halo and Metroid. People don't understand that Halo 1 has the best Halo atmosphere. People who never lived the ritz or rich lifestyle don't get it. There is something very futuristic and much like a campus, about Halo 1. It is very scenic and atmospheric. The rest of the Halos don't get the atmosphere, and are meant to be like Doritos, or Mountain Dew games. Its like Metroid Prime vs. Metroid Prime Federation Force.

In the dream you had a time limit to beat the level. And you were in this giant, scenic, science facility like in Halo. Just being in the facility was amazing and breathed life into the game. It was like Metroid, where it was all going critical and going to explode. And the gameplay was nothing short of amazing. You could jump 100 feet in the air. And it was an FPS, but with strategy and options. For instance you could just barrel on through and try to beat the clock. Or you could outsmart enemies, getting them to move into one spot, then sniping them both and then jumping through.

The pinnacle moment of the game is when you enter a room with windows over looking the snowy mountainside. And everyone has to hurry up and do calculations before the thing explodes. And this is the most profound room of any game. During this room, it is revealed to you that you are a robot, always were. All of your life's memories are false memories, and you are a robot, with a TI-83 calculator planted in your mind, being harvested as part of some science agenda. And that you were made in a lab, none of your memories are real, just planted, which caused some kind of localized space time thing to make you feel real.

During this scene, you realize in the room there is a traitor, trying to stall you so you all die. You have to scream "traitor" and lunge him out the window as part of a pre-made cutscene, then you have enough time to escape. When the facility explodes you have to start the game over and over again, like groundhog day, no saves. This includes going up the beach, climbing up cliffs and even sneaking around amazing looking tunnels. Also, as a robot, you have to find gender neutral bathrooms to hide from the bigots. And you can't let people know that you are a robot.

The game is a bit like Late Shift, where you have to memorize bad choices and make the right decisions under time constraint. After several tries I got to the end, where there is a giant lobby with everyone running for their lives. There I meet a tall black man who is running to the exit. And it fills my heart with comradery. But at the end he runs out of breathe, gives up, is too tired. And says "You go to the end. I can't make it." And he smiles like Obi Wan. And it breaks my heart but I keep running. And 2 girls who are slower than me, who cant make it, say "Raise your finger! It will save your life!" And I don't know why but I do it. The reason it saves my life is because 2 security women notice me when I raise my finger, and open a locked door for me.

I must continue to run on the slippery marble floor like Mario. The security women seem to always have traction on the ground while I am sliding around. And I must enter every door in a certain time period or else it auto locks on me and I get locked out. I managed to lead these security women and get to the very end of the game. And I jump through a small bunker window but get stuck. Leading to a Call of Duty style first person cutscene of me wiggling through the window. And then I am outside in the snow, running, and lunge behind a pile of snowy rocks. The whole place explodes, my ears ringing, my body looks greyish white. Am I dead? Is my body ash? No, just covered in white ash. And I keep running. The two security women's jeep pulls around. One of these women I know in real life. I frantically jump into the jeep. The squeel the tires through the snowy road and escape as the whole facility blows up in a collassal explosion.

So, this is an example of a million dollar idea. It is truly a unique and interesting game while still being a classic. If you want to use this idea for a book, movie or game I would kindly ask to please ask permission. I don't want it like one of those Hollywood Remakes that don't get the original atmosphere intended.

M

Misty

Love the way you describe Halo 1. They really understood the relationship between empty space, and the clutter... And the scale was great.
Provided you aren't being sarcastic, then thankyou. <3

Misu, I would say all of your dreams would make great games.

Pfap

In my dream I am on a beautiful pristine island and there is this beautiful, really just spectacular swimming area in the ocean just off the island. The kind of place that just intrinsically draws people... it is perfect. The swimming area is protected from rip currents and the island engulfs it in a hug that results in a bowl shaped pool that gets deeper in the middle. Anyways, in my dream I am on the island and seeing the swimming hole I of course directly go to it. Once there I dive in and it is amazing... except there are 2 lobsters in the "perfect area". So, I decide to push them out of the perfect area... they don't meet me with any animosity and I don't chase them with any either. It's just I chase them right and they go right, I chase them left and they go left, but it is a circle. That is basically where the dream ends and I can't be sure if I ever get them out of the circle pool or if I just get the satisfaction of that once I'm awake.

The dream has always been rather interesting to me... because in my waking moments the idea of swimming after lobsters almost seems more fun then if they hadn't been there. But, in the dream I wanted them out... no clue why.

G

GVmG

Last night's dream:

I was in another country, or at least I felt like I was in a big city somewhere outside of Italy. I was going around looking at different places, I remember seeing a building and thinking to myself "I wanna visit this museum". I was supposed to meet with an unidentified friend. We did in a bit and almost immediately went our ways to do something else. I just explored a bit more, it felt very tourist-y, but shortly after he called me on my phone and told me to meet him again.

While trying to find him, I got lost in a building that was mostly stairs, and I remember feeling a slight discomfort because I was almost entirely unsure about where I was. It was kinda dark, but it still felt illuminated. Eventually I got to one of the top floors and found two people behind a counter. I don't remember exactly what we talked about but they gave me very generic info on the direction to go, but another person that I felt was a friend, but I don't know/remember, eventually arrived, and I decided to follow him as he went down the enormous set of stairs. He seemed to know the people behind the counter too.

A few stairs down, the guy turns back and asks me where I'm going, and I tell him "out". He then says "you might want to go back then pal." So I went back, and at the top of the staircase I saw a door that wasn't there before (or maybe I hadn't seen it, I'm not sure). Going through it I was on the roof of the building, which wasn't too tall (so I suppose the hundreds of floors the stairs went through would be underground). At this point I felt like I knew where to go, and I woke up.

Walking through buildings that have weird geometries and I don't know - often with way more movement freedom than is possible irl - is a common theme in a lot of my dreams. I wouldn't say they are most of my dreams, far from that, but they are some of the dreams I remember the most of all others. For example in this dream, when exploring, I was going in and out of buildings, often they were completely empty, and there was noone around. Some buildings were linked in ways that aren't really common irl (like windows that are *directly* into another house, or doors that go to a drop. That's why I got lost in the building that was all stairs to begin with, I just went in as I did in other buildings.

Another dream I clearly remember where movement was involved was one where I was parkouring around my house to get stuff for my parents from other rooms, or the other floors, and I went through windows, landed on different things that actually aren't under the windows irl, and the house felt a bit "shifting". A few scary dreams I had in the past involve run down houses with stuff like completely broken floors and me trying to keep balance on different small parts of it that somehow still didn't fall, as I try to get to other parts of the houses for a reason or another - usually pulling off moves that I can't do irl, like grabbing on to ledges, jumping very far or full on parkouring lol

M

Misu

Last night i had two strange dreams.

First one started out in my old bedroom (at my parents house) i was pacing around as if I were thinking about getting ready to go somewhere. Apparently I assumed a party by one of my family relatives. I was unaware of my appearance at first so mostly i just look around the bedroom to find things I need before leaving. But then my mom entered the room and left me a pink dress for me to wear for the party. I find it very awkward and strange that she insist me to wear a dress so I was wondering why Id be wearing this. Then I realize, when I look at myself quickly, I was a transgender. This felt weird and unexpected. I didnt knew why but the only thing I did know is that my parents (in the dream) are not satisfied with my new appearance, even if they wish the best for me. I decided not to wear the dress though because it felt really awkward to wear it so I kept my typical casual clothes on. As soon i arrived to the party (exiting a car at the porch without any memory of entering the car or driving), everyone was gathered at the patio (which looks like a huge concrete porch with complicated structures). Several seem to stare at me very oddly as if they wonder why I change my gender. It felt so uncomfortable and odd. I try to ignore all of them. Though, my mom's uncle was there asking me to play dominoes soon which is alright but as soon as before I begin playing I woke up.

The second dream was crazy. I was heading to a place with pools. First thing I saw that caught my attention was the wave simulator; it was as tall as a tsunami and I actually wanted to go thru it. As soon as I crossed over the other side I realize i had to use the bathroom. I moved towards a weird concrete structure that was a bit dark at the inside. It had some abandoned shops and some old looking vending machines. I saw several doors but was confused on finding the bathroom. All of the sudden, I noticed that I was naked and forgotten my underwear somewhere near the pool. I knew there were people outside so I tried searching around my surrounding for my shorts. I actually found them on a corner near a wall (which was strange). I wore them and kept walking around looking. I found an arcade that looks to be still in business but currently closed at that moment. Then I gotten outside and notice the pools look different then it was before. Eventually something else happened (but I couldnt remember what it was) which led afterwards to the conclusion that I was a secret agent investigating the pool areas. I saw a friend from work arrived but wearing an extremely torn up shirt (mostly exposing her chest as if she were shirtless). She was getting ready to get drunk at a party but wanted to show me a new game on her phone. The game simulates a normal desktop os but its actually disguise as a game of investogating clues scattered around your internal memory. I woke up after that.

I havent had crazy dreams like these for a long while but they can be quite freaky

M

Misu

Only the second one?
The first one was weird and awkward. The second is crazy.

If I were to consider something crazy, it needs to have moments that loses its sh** (gone insane). :p

Sorry for the vulgar form of speech.

Jabbers

I had a particularly vivid and amusing dream this morning.

I had been invited with a group of guests, all under 25, to attend a special product reveal at Tim Cooks private mansion in some European village. It was held in a lounge area, overlooking vast areas of farmland and trees. I was with a woman who seemed largely unimpressed at the whole affair, sitting on a sofa around a large black coffee table, while Cook gave a presentation using a small home theatre projector. Others were seated on the adjacent chairs, or scattered around the room holding champagne flutes. There were about 40 people based on the size of the room.

The presentation was about a secret new phone, but it was not an iPhone product. It was very slim and minimal looking, like a shiny, rounded-rectangle tab of plastic with a fingerprint scanner in the middle.

At one point Cook took a break and walked off with two women who looked like they were in upper management or in charge of the new product in some way. They spoke on the grass outside. There was a grand piano and a telescope nearby, so I used the telescope to spy on them, but it drew mockery from a few teenagers behind me. This sparked discussion, I don't remember what but at this point we were all theorizing Apple was developing some kind of "dumb phone" with a twist, but it wasn't clear what. Someone suggests it has the health monitoring capability of the Apple Watch and basic calling functionality. Suddenly we all discover that the guests are young and have no product experience, and we wonder why we are here.

Cook is suddenly surrounded by older adults and invites them to follow him to his barn for the "event". They disappear, and at this time another group of under-25s show up, running, screaming, covered in blood and mud. They claim that the whole presentation is a scam and that they are here to hunt their customers. One of them claims that Cook particularly likes to hunt people who are blind or disabled lol.

Cook and a huge crowd of people turn up, dressed in cloaks with pitchforks and flaming torches, like some kind of witch hunt. They approach us calmly at first; the first group of people approach Cook and demand answers, but I decide to start running away with the second group who came to warn us. As I flee into a field and hide under a large rock formation, I can hear the group being murdered.

This was the most vivid, interesting, and complete dream narrative I've had in ages.

I had a dream I was working at a school for extremely-gifted students. There was a large study hall built into the canopy of a forest. The sound of the breeze going through the leaves combined with the golden light filtering through the branches produced a scene that was so unbearably beautiful, that no one could concentrate on what they were doing. It was my job to try to keep everyone from descending into i can't think of a word. What's a word for being reduced to blubbering because something is so beautiful that it's painful?

Pfap

I had a dream I was working at a school for extremely-gifted students. There was a large study hall built into the canopy of a forest. The sound of the breeze going through the leaves combined with the golden light filtering through the branches produced a scene that was so unbearably beautiful, that no one could concentrate on what they were doing. It was my job to try to keep everyone from descending into i can't think of a word. What's a word for being reduced to blubbering because something is so beautiful that it's painful?
Maybe "sublime hysteria" or "sublime mania"?

"It was my job to try to keep everyone from descending into sublime hysteria"

Edit:
Delirium may also work.

M

Misu

It was my job to try to keep everyone from descending into i can't think of a word. What's a word for being reduced to blubbering because something is so beautiful that it's painful?
There is no word but there is a way to describe it in your context. It was your job to keep everyone from transcending into a painful lust for the mesmerizing beauty of the scenery.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Wanna hear some scary darn nightmares?

So, I often have dreams that seamlessly transfer in or out. It's so seamless and vivid that I won't realise I fell asleep or woke up. It literally shows me exactly what I was seeing before I fell asleep, or wierder still, what I will see when I wake.

When I was little, like 4 or 5 , I would have this recurring nightmare with a seamless transition in every night.

I would like down for bed, just staring at the ceiling (falls asleep), when I would suddenly see a nasty toy machine type claw slide into my sight. It would descend and lift me up, carrying me across the room to a big arm chair, and plop me into the lap of my grandmother, who would slowly shift and change into a clown scarier than you can imagine, simply because there are no clowns that scary in real life. I barely had any idea what a clown was or looked like at that age. Every night, people. Also, I wrote the dream in one sentence.

Pros: I'm not afraid of clowns now.
Cons: I only just started closing the door at night. It was that scarring.

I have more were that came from.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Wish I got to have dreams like that more often. All my dreams usually try to hurt me. Lol. Little do they know dreams are not very effective against Bear types! I've been sleeping better than usual lately, so I've almost totally stopped dreaming. Thank God.

I would totally play that game. Sounds like it has some replay value, too.

Edit- this was part of an entire thread that got moved here. I will point out that this was a response Misty's dream.

Last edited:
M

Misu

I would like down for bed, just staring at the ceiling (falls asleep), when I would suddenly see a nasty toy machine type claw slide into my sight. It would descend and lift me up, carrying me across the room to a big arm chair, and plop me into the lap of my grandmother, who would slowly shift and change into a clown scarier than you can imagine, simply because there are no clowns that scary in real life. I barely had any idea what a clown was or looked like at that age. Every night, people. Also, I wrote the dream in one sentence.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Ah, I didn't realize it was a link. Lol. Dadgum, those are some quality comics, man! I would totally read more of this weird crap! Also, the at-first-angsty, then quickly resolved argument in the thread made it all the more hilarious.

Pfap

So, I'm in the jungle and for some reason I need to get out of it and save someone who is also in the jungle... most of the dream is pretty hazy. Anyways, I'm swinging through a weird clearing with perfectly placed vines and can see the ocean up ahead and so on the last vine, just as I am about to let go and land on the beach it turns into my backyard. But, it's still the ocean except it has been shrinking and so there are fish and sea horses and other animals stranded in my backyard. So, I proceed to grab a pipe which apparently fills the ocean... it seems to have been moved to an incorrect spot and that's why the ocean is not sitting correctly. Once, the pipe is fitted back in place and some adjustments are made my backyard fills with water and I woke up. It felt very Tarzan like lol.

M

Misu

bumping this thread just to store some old dreams I wrote down in the old archive to pass it on for sake of revisiting...
Girl:
I dreamt last night that I was somewhere, outside town... not sure where though but it looked pretty abandoned and dumped. I saw some people in some sort of ... square hole on a concrete (dont know how to describe this very well) and it was filled with those foam materials from sofas or couches. I notice there was a snack machine but it wouldnt take my dollar. After that a girl showed up, riding a weird flying contraption that looks like a tiny helicopter. She landed on a elevated surface (8 feet tall) that was next to that hole filled with foams. The girl had short hair (at least it reaches down to her neck short) and she wore a white shirt (NOT T-shirt if thats what you all expect) and she had a brown handbag. I notice another person that I know showed up from elsewhere (but i dont remember who that person was). The girl asked me if I could try the helicopter out but I didnt know what to say since I was still confuse on what was going on. I took too long to answer and she said "You know what, fine, dont use it!" So then she would ignore me and talk with my other friend (still dont remember who he/she was). She left with the person somewhere. I stayed alone in the foams. I thought I'd check out the helicopter but couldnt get up the platform. I decided to look for the girl again. I walked until a fence and I saw that she was heading back. I decided to impress her by showing my flying skills. I launched myself into the air and flew back to the recent spot. she got there first than me since i had trouble flying on the way; I couldnt keep my balance. After that I dont remember what happened but I I woke up eventually.

Orphange:
Yeah so I had this odd dream last night where I was a child, with a bunch of other children being captive by an evil military woman. We (children) were all wearing white and some of u were scared. We entered a room with doors (which look like isolation rooms for prisoners). We each assigned to a door individually. The last boy to move up to a door had spiky hair and wore glasses. As he approaches his door, the military woman pulled his hair and banged his face onto his assigned door and started force-opening his one eye into the door's tiny window. The boy was petrified and crying in tears. The military woman then let go of the boy and walked up to the exit where we first entered. She looked back at us all then said bunch of random crap about what they were going to do with us and how they were going to torture us violently. All of the sudden, the military woman stood quite and turned her head quickly to the exit in a surprised kind of way. She then said "I'll be right back, Stay where you are!" then she left the room. The kids near the exit begin to herd in group and started discussing with one another. I stood still at my place, staring at the herd, scared to even move out of my place. Then I saw one boy (looked like hindu or some brown-skinned kid). The boy suddenly mentioned "... but the only person we need now is RoyTheShort!..." As soon as I heard that, I gasped while the background music begins to intensifies. I had to shout "HEY! RoyTheShort! ... I know who's RoyTheShort!" The rest of the kids from the herd stared back at me in silence. The hindu boy then disappears into the crowd. I said again "I know who is Roy!". Although I only known the name from GMC. It was strange to hear his username all of the sudden. Then the hindu boy popped out in front of me from the crowd along with another kid (who looked kinda like , what I assume it to be, his younger brother). They stood in front of me and I asked them "Do you know who Roy is?" The younger boy was about to reply but suddenly they turned their heads quickly facing the exit door, as if they heard someone approaching. After that... I woke up from the dream.

It was very thrilling and I wanted to know what happened next. It was strange though.

Horror Game:
Last night a dreamt I was playing a horror video game (I assume in my dream that i was playing a new Resident Evil game for the 3DS) The game seems very creepy. It took place in a large skyscraper building (at least interior of it) and I had to unlock many doors to different places. Their was also this mutant giant that looks creepy as hell. He would paint and stuff in a separate room, in the dark. The last room I had to go before passing the game was a room called 3 11. I entered that room and it was a fast pace challenge under a time limit. The dream ended there but the whole game look very interesting, I think I could considered this a project.

And some things not so remember-able...

M

Misu

I had this dream a couple of nights ago but never thought of writing it down here until now

I had a dream where I was some part of the city I live atm, dorming in some old house with a group of people. I was hanging out with some of these guys and there was this chick that (for some unknown reason I pressume I knew her but dont have any knowledge who she actually was) we were spending time outdoor talking with. We all started to take some liquor out and drink. I believed I had an amaretto and a small bottle of rum. After taking a couple of shots I started to felt weird and the girl noticed that. She asked if I was alright with drinking but I said sure. I got up and walked around the building and then I fell dizzy on the ground. All of of the sudden, time passed in a blink of an eye from day to night and I was on the same place I fell earlier. I freaked out and got up realizing that I had passed out for almost an entire day. I rushed back to see if everyone was still at the porch but they all had left. I went back to my dorm and notice my brothers were picking up some clothes that were scattered around the apartment. I ignored them and entered my room and then the girl from earlier appeared out from another room into my room. She told me that I was passed out earlier but did some crazy thing then. I did not knew what she was talking about so I asked her what happened when I was passed out. She said that I got back up from the ground and began flipping the bird at her when she was talking about someone she was dating and then suddenly told the guys to f*** off because I was a moron that suffered in life and deserved to have her around. She did mentioned that everyone knew I was drunk at that moment and it was messed up too. I was really mind shocked and had no memory of that ever happening so I told her exactly that. She said she totally understood with a smile and then took off her shirt, revealing her babyblue night gown underneath and got on top of my bed... I was confused about that exact moment so I question about how did that even turned her on but I woke up.