Discussion GMC:D GMC Discord - Formerly YYGFODC - YoYoGames Forums (Un)Official Discord Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by roytheshort, Jun 20, 2016.

1. zendraw

zendraw Member

mkey..

2. Lukasmah

Lukasmah Member

Are you sure you didn't actually join Royland, which was also linked to by the OP?

3. Rockyfelle

Rockyfelle Member

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to join Royland, it is a place full of vivid dreams and endless imagination, whatever you may wish you can be sure to find something akin to it in Royland. I remember when I first joined it back in the days, I was filled with nervosity from what was about to come, and didn't really know what to expect from it. I imagined it as a heaven in form of a discord server, where everyone could live out their fantasies and wildest dream without being judged or prevented. Finally, I thought to myself, a server where I could feel like home at last.

But what did I find when I joined? Nothing, it was a dead land floating in the ocean of discord servers, nothing to be seen, and no one to be heard from. I was shocked and my dreams of the perfect server was shattered to the ground, I lost all hope of ever finding a server to call home. I was in a state of confusion and despair, not knowing what I had to do to get out of it, all hope was forever lost to me. But then you might ask, how can I remember this server if my descriptions are accurate? Well, times changed as the always do, and it wasn't long until the server showed a sign of life.

I remember it clear as day, when I finally got a notification from the Royland server, "k" it said, which was a bit weird given that the channel it was in never had a message in it before that, but I wasn't one to complain. In excitement I rushed my hand to my mouse and clicked on the server, found the channel it came from, and prepared to answer. "Are you real?" I typed into the chatbox, scared of what this mysterious person would answer, and once again I was shocked by what I saw. It was a clown, not just the word, but an image of a clown. It was a white clown with a red nose with a black background, it filled me with terror and I sat frozen in my chair screaming internally, but I knew what had to be done.

Without fully recovering from the terror I witnessed I entered https://google.com into my web browser, and typed in "clown", and clicked on images. This was a dark time for me so I won't go into much details, but believe me when I said it was a scary experience. Once I finally found a fitting image I copied the link and pasted it into the chat, waiting to see what reply I would get this time, and I never saw it coming. It was another clown image, this time a clown running on a green open field, appearing to be chasing some children. I knew what I witnessed was bad, but I started to succumb to it, and that night we spent hour upon hours communicating with nothing but clown images.

Waking up in my chair the following morning, I remember the night before instantly, it came to me as a flash and without regret I immediately opened the chat to see if there were any new messages, and believe me there was. There was dozens of people posting images of, talking about, and arguing about clowns. Clowns were everywhere, clowns had made the server regain life from a completely dead state, and it was beautiful. Now I ask you once again, why would you not want to join Royland? We got clowns, clowns, and more clowns, all waiting for you to participate in our clown obsession, all we're looking for is more people to post clowns.

See this as my formal invitation to anyone out there, come join Royland, we need more clowns, yours truly – Rockyfelle, proud clown poster.

roytheshort and Lukasmah like this.
  4. roytheshort

roytheshort The Village Idiot

I killed Royland, rip.

5. beli_mawrr

beli_mawrr Member

Roy quit pretending you're the king of ****post, you and Lukas have been fighting a war of attrition for ages xD

Also I really don't know how easy or hard it is to get into the group (I got in before the vetting was too extreme), but I know that the mod team is one of the best I've experienced. The chat has maintained its "feel" and active userbase, which is more than I can say of any other discord chat I've experienced with a low bar of entry. So whatever they're doing, no matter how unfair or opaque it may feel, is working extremely effectively. You can screw right off insulting the mod team, m8

Barvix and ElectroMan like this.
  6. ElectroMan

ElectroMan Jack of All Shades

The mods don't come here to check on your boot licking, Airman.

Shawn Basnett, roytheshort and Ninety like this.
  7. beli_mawrr

beli_mawrr Member

8. roytheshort

You're right Beli, I'm the queen ❤

9. factnfiction101

factnfiction101 Member

*RC's, unofficial yoyo games chat on IRC is still there. Roytheshort and UrbanIdiot hasn't burnt it down yet...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  10. roytheshort

Isn't that like from 5 years ago?

11. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

Its been 5 years since Roy burnt it down, yes,...

12. factnfiction101

factnfiction101 Member

It's been awhile, but I have been in/apart of several GM IRC channels since 2003.

13. Niels

Niels Member

so can I get approved? discord name is just Niels

14. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

First, read the entire rules carefully and then proceed. Nothing more to say except that.

15. Typhon

Typhon Member

I need a new invite link to the discord. It expired.

16. Lolligirl

Lolligirl Europe Travel Girl

Sorry to revive, but what happened to the Discord channel? Was it disbanded? It shows as a wasteland now.

17. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

It still exists. I haven't seen invite links getting handed out hardly at all lately (I'm not an admin, so I can't generate invites).

18. Lukasmah

Lukasmah Member

@Lolligirl

You have the inactive role. The inactive role is given to people who have been inactive for a certain amount of time, but not long enough to be kicked. Contact Squarebit.

19. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Is this still open? I'm interested to join.

20. squarebit

squarebit Member

You were permabanned for spamming vulgarities, requesting to be banned, and then harassing a mod via DM's when she did not ban you. Remember?

TehPilot and TsukaYuriko like this.
  21. ElectroMan

ElectroMan Jack of All Shades

Well, who won in the end, hey? Checkmate, mods.

22. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Vulgarities...? That sounds really wrong, I would like to remember that, but it's been a while now.
    I'd rather move on from the past and not being isolated from those mistakes, but that's up to you.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  23. squarebit

squarebit Member

A permaban is a permaban.. sorry.