• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Suggestion GMC App!

T

Treecase86

You know what this forum needs? A mobile version! If you're on the go, replying to posts, or making threads is hard to do; mobile devices aren't really the best at using internet forums, so if there was an app version of the GMC, that'd be awesome!

A

Aura

GMC is pretty much mobile-friendly. At least it's better than the old GMC. You can do pretty much everything on a mobile device. If you're trouble having using the rich text editor, you can turn it off in the Preferences and switch to a normal input field.

I've been using the GMC on a mobile device and I can say that the functionality is by no means inferior to its functionality on a PC. We don't need an application. At least not as long as you're not using it on a keypad mobile.

csanyk

You know what this forum needs? A mobile version! If you're on the go, replying to posts, or making threads is hard to do; mobile devices aren't really the best at using internet forums, so if there was an app version of the GMC, that'd be awesome!
In web development a good responsive design is supposed to provide a good user experience to any device. The original idea of the web was that you'd request a resource from a server, it would hand it to you, and it was up to your device to render what was served to it.

Having separate versions of a site for mobile devices and desktop devices is not desirable, if that means developers have to create and maintain both. It is fine if they can fulfill the vision of the web by serving content in such a way that mobile devices handled it well, that's the best solution.

Defining "mobile experience" is vague anyway -- it means "small screen" as well as "limited bandwidth" and "screen keyboard" but many mobile devices these days have desktop resolution and pretty decent bandwidth. Depending on the mobile device, you might have a great, desktop-like experience, or you may have some constraints.

All that said, I do use some other forums which integrate with Tapatalk, and I prefer using Tapatalk-enabled forums with the Tapatalk app rather than through a web browser on my smartphone. I was hoping the new forums would support Tapatalk, but it doesn't. Reading the xenforo forums, there seem to be a lot of people who don't like Tapatalk for various reasons, it certainly doesn't seem to have unanimous endorsement from xenforo admins. So I'm not expecting this to change.

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
I find the mobile version of this forum very comfortable to use... Even on a decade-old mobile browser running on Symbian. So disregarding the infinitesimal chance that your setup is even older than my medieval-age tech, I will say that there's nothing to complain about.

See? Works fine...

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

I find the mobile version of this forum very comfortable to use... Even on a decade-old mobile browser running on Symbian. So disregarding the infinitesimal chance that your setup is even older than my medieval-age tech, I will say that there's nothing to complain about.

See? Works fine...
If that's your phone, how did you take that picture?

Ehsan

Pirates vs Clones
Ah that'll be great having one more app in my collection of million apps and undeletable apps.
I don't see any reason for an gmc app...
Maybe an GM:S mobile app?