• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GMAssetCompiler crashing on blank room

N

nyancats1993

So recently I've been having an issue with both the installer/updater and the compiler. To start i'm on windows 7 64bit with a completely fresh install short of all the visual studios, direct x, java, etc. About 6 months ago Game maker worked perfectly fine on the same computer, i tried to run it again a week ago and got this error even with a blank room. So i figured it was time for a fresh install of windows. Although I'm still getting the same issues.

To start GMAsset Compiler keeps crashing:

Only returning useless info:

Compile started: 11:50:10 AM
"C:\Users\Red\GameMaker_Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /config="Default" /tgt=64 /tg="C:\Users\Red\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_59856\\TextureGroups.txt" /to="C:\Users\Red\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_59856\\TextureOptions.txt" /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1567 /gn="Project1" /td="C:\Users\Red\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\Red\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="127.0.0.1" /hprt="51268" /o="C:\Users\Red\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_59856\gm_ttt_12126" "D:\Game launcher\Project1.gmx\Project1.project.gmx"

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at ..(String[] )

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Asset Compile finished: 11:50:44 AM
Compile finished: 11:50:44 AM​

So after having these issues I figured there was a program or runtime I was missing so I tried to run the windows installer for the trial version. But after it installs I try to run it which starts the update process and that crashes as well. every other program on my computer seems to work flawlessly why is GM running so poorly these days?

N

nyancats1993

Actually it may have something to do with the un-found SDKs. Yet even though I've installed all the visual studios I'm still missing the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0" and the link GM has for the required files was removed from microsofts servers. Maybe that's where I should stat? anyone have a link for this?

N

nyancats1993

Nevermin it was a missing dll in windows 7, had to upgrade to windows 10. Not sure which otherwise I'd link it for you people in the future.