• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GM7 Sprite Editor

O

OrangeBit

When I started using Game Maker, I came up with a good method for creating seamless textures with the sprite editor for my 3D projects.

I would stretch it to 300% then paste the old sized image back in rows of 3 so I could use the blur feature to smoothly merge the borders of the image and then resize it back to the original size. I would make brick wall textures, grass and other things.

Before I would stretch it and blur it I would pick 2 colors and use the spray paint tool to scatter the colors onto the sprite. The spray paint tool is totally different now, instead of scattering individual pixels it shoots a solid stream. It's pretty much a blurred version of the draw tool.

I really wish they wouldn't have done this, or at least they could have added a scatter tool or something in it's place. It was really useful. Now, to get the same effect I would have to click a billion times to place every individual pixel. :eek:

andev

Maybe it's time for an image editor software upgrade? :p Perhaps something a bit more modern?