• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GM2 Upgrade question

MaGicBush

So I have not used GM in a while, and noticed there is GM2 now. I own the GM Pro edition, and it will let me upgrade to GM2 for $60. Is this a limited time offer or can I wait a month? Im broke atm, but would like to possibly upgrade and work some overtime.

Also is there somewhere to see what it adds over the regular GM 1.4? Is the feature list on the website showing what is added as well? It seems to list quite a few things I can already do. Though I never used GM studio much to be honest as I got it in a Humble sale for really cheap. I did some tutorials, and made a simple game with it as I ran into a lot of life issues I had to fix first.

One last question if I were to purchase say the android module down the line would that include the android module in all future gm studio versions as well? I doubt I would make any money off of it, as it would mostly be to show off my game to my family and friends lol. They are very expensive so I was hoping so.

Thanks for any help! Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum I wasn't sure where to post this.

Last edited:

sylvain_l

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230330328-GameMaker-Studio-2-FAQ
for a limited time (until August 31st 2017)

Would start from release note
http://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html
1st one (2.0.1.33) contains the links to the generic feature list, etc...
(I got GMS1 from the humble bundle too, and personnaly, I'm really much much more confortable with the new inteface)

I doubt. modules are for current main version. It means that as for the 1.x ->2.x you need to rebuy modules, same going to happen I assume when the jump will happen from 2.x to 3.x.